Forums > Social Chat > Anyone from North of the Equator?!

Login/Join to Participate

Nimskamember
48 posts

Posted:
You can't all be from the southern hemisphere!!!

can you...?

Looking for anyone from NW Eng to chill wiv

Don't be a Cookie Cutter Kid

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
I thought we we about half & half...

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Hey I'm from north of the equator . There are quite a few spinners I know around manchester. If you PM me your mobile number I'll get them to give you a call. There are regular gatherings in Sheffield too which is only a short journey, if you look in the events performances and gathering section you can find out all about it

Are we nearly there yet?

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
UK ere

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
i'm a little farthr west than eng...
but ya know... i'm from the south...
texas to be exact..lol
it is so boring here...
i wish i lived in an area more populated....
like the pop. is about 6-8,000 i think...
and the biggest thing here is a wal-mart...or the skating rink...it is just really containing...and like everybody is supposed to be this little horse-ridding, cow-ropping, tight-jean wearing, christian with a love for school and people and family...and when i walk in it screws up there little lifestyles...
i were a pair of the smallest raver pants i have and it screws them all up....i mean the bottoms don't even have a 15" radius and they are freaking out it is really fun...i tried wearing my big ones to skool but they made me take them off and switch them...they had a 50" cuff and were black denim with big red stripes all over...they are awesome...
but yeah i live in the northern hemi-shpere...
sorry for getting off topic...lol..

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
kent is north of the equator right?!

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear

Nimskamember
48 posts

Posted:
where the f**k is Kent?!

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
south east of england, bit of a hell hole really!

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear

Nimskamember
48 posts

Posted:
yr really sellin it to me

Nimskamember
48 posts

Posted:
could be worse... they no lie when they say "it's GRIM up Norf"

the only things to do are drink and smoke

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
right then, I live o'er in Cranada, but some people actually think I am bri'ish, when I put on me accent, right then, go beckham, manchesters the best

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

Nimskamember
48 posts

Posted:
Incredible Bram!
you'd never know you weren't a local!

but you forgot: mad fer it!

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Kent is said to be the "garden of England"

I'm in Surrey, which is south england

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
From the heartland here

Which of course nobody on these boards has a clue where that is, so to be more specific, Minnesota.

Which still, understandably, some people still probably don't know where that is either So basically look at a map of the US, look at the center, than look to the north, it's the kind of oddly shaped one by a big lake

Not a bad place to live at all, not very exciting or wordly, but not bad.

Though I was born just south of the equator

Nimskamember
48 posts

Posted:
i used to go out with a guy that lived in surrey. Camberley to be precise. Bit dull for me, and the place was a bit slow too!

What's Minnesota famous for? it rings bells...

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
well not all of kent is bad, just the bit i live in!!

RoGOLD Member
57 posts

Posted:
I'm on the west end of Canada, about rougly 100 Km from the 49th parallel (Canadian/US boarder).I wear a Red plaid lumber jack shirt sometimes when i spin, and I say "eh" a lot without even thinking about it.

Nimskamember
48 posts

Posted:
i absolutely adore canadians.

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
My ex is a Canadian

I used to adore them too

He's gone back to Canada now

I don't adore them anymore

it's ok I'm really over it now

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

Nimskamember
48 posts

Posted:
big hugs to sunbeam!

bean_brigademember
14 posts

Posted:
UK here too there's lots of us here!!!

selecta

Nimskamember
48 posts

Posted:
I realise that now i guess....

It's good to know, will many of you being round glasters this year?

Toreador VampBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
I get the feeling that there will be a fair few there. somewhere there was a thread about Fuel at Glastonbury

althoough i wont be there

Vamp

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life
-- Terry Pratchett-Jingo

Reality is what refuses to go away when I stop believing in it.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Nimska:
i used to go out with a guy that lived in surrey. Camberley to be precise. Bit dull for me, and the place was a bit slow too!

OO.. did you? I live in Camberley now and yes I agree way to dull.. Cambers is a bit of a small place.. wonder if we may have met b4.. I used to drink in the Kings Arms on the A30 - well before they bulldozed it to get rid of us dancing in the streets..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
well, canadian guy, I can beat that, I live about 15 minutes south of the 49th parallel, its about a 3 minute drive from my grandparents

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
Arfnoon

I'm from Manchester aswell!!(you'll already know that if you've read your intro thread)....and on the subject of Glasto I'm desperate for a ticket if anyone knows of a spare?

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

SaBBaSenthusiast
215 posts

Posted:
i know that in the south hemisphere the water turns the other way when going down in the toilet(or sink), so... perhaps... you spin poi the other way round too?!?!?! hmmm, have to think about that....

(yes, procrastination is on its way again, damn exams... )

Don't you destroy your enemy by making him your friend?? - Rev Bem (Magog), Andromeda

RoGOLD Member
57 posts

Posted:
for a second there when you guys mentioned Surrey, I got confused... I forgot that there's a Surrey England...

Just like there's a London in Canada... The list probably goes on and on since we were of British rule.

so people seem to adore us Canadians, eh?

is there anyone that hates them? Other Canadians I guess... East Canada will always clash with West Canada... A tradtion of over more than 130 years since our country was born!

There's a joke about something like this (for all you french Canadians out there, feel free to make fun of me)... It's as follows

There's a Canadian, a Frenchman, and an American all drinking out at the rifle range. The American tosses up a full bottle of wiskey and BANG! Breaks his bottle.
"In America we got so much money we can afford to break the merchandise!"
The Frenchman tosses up a full bottle of wine and BANG! Breaks his bottle.
"In France we got so many grape vinards, wine is Cheap!"
Then the Canadian tosses up a full beer bottle and BANG! Dead Frenchman.
"In Canada, we got too many Frenchmen!"

RoGOLD Member
57 posts

Posted:
ohh and before I forget... I think the water going down the drain the other way has nothing to do with what side of the world your on... I think it's more of how the drain is put together.

Plus I heard once that the strongest end of a magnet is the south end of it, so Earth's magnetic "north" is actually magnetic south. So technically we could be considered south and you people below the equator could be considered the north... Somewhere someone decided magnetic north sounded better. Or maybe I could be on crack but if this is the case then yeah... That'd be so crazy

funkymonkymember
192 posts

Posted:
i'm from Oxford >=( don't believe the hype..... its not that great..... i'm the only spinner in the whole of oxfordshire i'm sure of it.....