MireneyeSILVER Member
enthusiast
276 posts

Posted:
Here I am again, in hope to have found something relatively new... I've been practicing these for a while, and just recently started to be able to play some with them, my aim with these babies is to eventuelly turn it as you would a buzzaw fountain.

Anybody else played with buzzaw spiral wraps ? Or any other spiral wrap where hands are on opposite side of each other, but the pois still wrap around them ?

Catch my drift at all?

Poi, poi ubbrollsmile

Red_RaveNGOLD Member
Neo - Hippie
358 posts

Posted:
These are on my "To Learn" list. tho I always forget to try them smile

I imagine they would look very nice.. And how do you want to turn within a spiral wrap? What I've seen ist's quite messy.

Smile.. It confuses people..:)

Wonders never cease as long as you never cease to wonder.

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Basically you'd stop part way through a barrel-roll/ inversion, right?

Nice, I'd not thought of it, simple yet satisfying smile

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
i do this buzzsaw spiral wrap, where i let the poi wrapp all the way up to the ends and then pull them out into butterfly planes perpendicular to the plane of the buzzsaw... works quite nicely as a plane/ direction transition.

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

MireneyeSILVER Member
enthusiast
276 posts

Posted:
Some cool ideas here. I tried doing this with an buzzaw butterfly today ( opposit going ). A fair bit trickier i might add.

MireneyeSILVER Member
enthusiast
276 posts

Posted:
Found this cool "variation" today. Where you let it spiral as you bring the hands closer and closer to your chest, then as it turns, you bring the hands further away. Really lush!

KarstenGOLD Member
15 posts

Posted:
Thank you for the new variations !

I play the Buzzaw Spiral Wrap for quite a long time now (also with fire) and worked on several variants (enter from left+right, forward+backwards) but never tried to exit in butterfly mode (works quite well) or doing bussaw butterfly spiral wraps (these still need more work on the planes, since they sometimes tangle when unwrapping).

Another easy variant is playing the buzzaw spiral wrap in the hoizontal plane...

Greetings, Karsten

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Any chance of a piccie or vid? I find it hard to understand moves from written instructions...

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....