Forums > Social Chat > lunch time shopping habbits

Login/Join to Participate

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
what are YOUR habbits, nipping down to marks and sparks for a bite to eat, starbucks, your local chain pub where the prices are dirt cheap, or do you go to a nice deli somewhere???

list your habbits here, gwarrrn i dare you wink

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Lunch, on the rare occasion I get a lunch break from work...i wouldn't know. it just doesnt happen.

my work often does juice bar runs tho.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
dont work biggrin

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

furbsSILVER Member
29 posts

Posted:
Me? get it from the work (Tesco's)

7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mr Majestik

dont work biggrin

me eaiter but furbs seems to think we are just benefits cheats that like to sit idle and waste our lives tongue

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
well we are hippies wink

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

7,193 posts

Posted:
true biggrin

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I'm usually really good - I delegate a colleague to go get me a sammage from the local sammage shop..

but I've been baaaaaad today.. I have sushi and a crayfish and rocket sammage AND an Innocent smoothie from Waitrose.. woops.. rice crackers for me tomorrow - it was kinda expensive!!

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
IF I take a lunchbreak I normally just run across the road to Boots and get a meal deal, then bring it back to my desk and eat it while playing on the net biggrin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
we have a sandwich run, £2 for any sandwich, a drink, a choci and crisps wink

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
blimey - the difference between the norf / souf divide.. you need £3.10 for sammage, drink, choccie and crips down ere... and I bet even more than that in the towns..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
yeah wink

well most of the peeps at work make an order, so im sure its a special deal, but yeah, even for up here £2 is a great deal! and the sandwich's are really nice, you can have almost anything...

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
1)not a hippy bounce
2)i pick something up from the gas station, too lazy to make anything and they have great coffee for $1

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

7,193 posts

Posted:
i am finding this truely shocking, do people that work in offices not get a luch break???

i know i'd prolly get sacked but you ARE entitled to a lunch break, be it 30 mins or 60...... this isn't 1840 folks!!!!!!

if ANY boss told me "you have to work through your break, you can lunch at your desk" i would tell them where to shove it!!!

is this all down to productivity or work quotas???

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
Hey no fair - cross-thread posting indeed (when I haven't been participating in this one to date)!
*pouts at ravehead*
spank

besides we made sure we stopped for lunch - the guys would get all nervous and twitchy if we missed out on the daily "Call of Duty" fix! We've got a big screen TV and do the 4 player split screen thing at each break. Keeps us all off the streets anyway!

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Well, I refuse to work through lunch so I always go out for a bit, usually smoke a ciggie then head to a little bakery that sells really cheap sandwiches, salads and bits of quiche and stuff like that. I don't eat that much at lunch time, it's expensive to buy loads of food at lunch time every day and I just can't be arsed to make it at home. Sandwich or sausage roll does me fine.

Nobody else in my office goes out for a lunch break. It's not that people in offices get told to work through lunch, I think a lot of people in my office feel obliged to stay in at lunch just because everyone else does, so they don't want to seem slack by comparison. I'm the only one who wears jeans, cords and sloppy jumpers into work too, everyone else tries to dress fairly smart but I just can't be bothered with it. If they want me to look good at work they can pay me more!

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: georgemc

Hey no fair - cross-thread posting

ubblol it's worse than that my friend..................it's my new sig until something better takes my fancy biggrin

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Me not taking a proper lunch break is a choice thing mostly. I come in late and I leave early sometimes, I also have quite a few wonders around teh building during teh day chatting to people I know... and no one bats an eyelid because I don't really take a lunch break. It also makes me feel less guilty for spending such a large portion of my day on the net. I used to take proper hour lunchbreaks...but that resulted in shopping and all kinds of horrible money-spending things...I can't afford to take a lunch break! ubblol

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

georgemcBRONZE Member
2,387 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ravehead

.....it's my new sig until something better takes my fancy biggrin

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
im techniquely only allowed one 15 minutes break... but i dont really care and buy a subway and sit in chester park for a good hour before i go back to doin anything that resembles work.... and i certainly dont start work till somone buys me breakfast.

i tihnk theres somthing in working for my boyfriend that allows me to take too many liberites

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
 Written by: georgemc

besides we made sure we stopped for lunch - the guys would get all nervous and twitchy if we missed out on the daily "Call of Duty" fix! We've got a big screen TV and do the 4 player split screen thing at each break. Keeps us all off the streets anyway!

hmm maybe I should get that ubblol I keep seeing you pop on Xbox live wink

I have a cigarette and occasionally a £3 sandwich (massive and really nice) on my lunch, read or play online. unless I'm off work then I don't have the sandwich wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

georgemcBRONZE Member
2,387 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mynci

hmm maybe I should get that ubblol I keep seeing you pop on Xbox live wink

It's usually not me in the "drivers seat" on X-Box live - I suck! I'm the nominated cannon fodder usually! ubblol

George

grin