Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Jack in the Green! Hastings May Day bank holiday celebrations 2007

Login/Join to Participate

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Come play come play!

Celebrations begin on friday 4th of May, and carry right on through untill Monday.

Programme

This is apparently last years timetable, but'll give you some idea of how the weekend is set out.

Heres a little bit of history

I'll have a couple of bedspaces, depending on how sorted the house is as am due to move a couple of days before.

Let me know if you want to stay and I'll see what I can do hug

I think this quote from the site pretty much sums the festival up

"Note that this is an approximate time for the finale due to the number of (morris) sides dancing, beer supply, acts of gods, bogies, weather and just about anything else."

ubblol

Come join me and other Hastings Spinners as we come out of hibernation, slay the jack and welcome to return of the summer bounce

EDITED_BY: Aimée (1176216009)

Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
I may try and make it if I can biggrin

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
frown Don't think I can make it this year.. however people it is a REALLY GOOD weekend biggrin I can honestly say from experience it is a lot of people, a lot of green and a lot of beer ubblol and hastings has some really nice folks
hug

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I've only been to Hastings two or three times before, but each time I lost the ability to form whole sentances or keep my eyes open properly, so no way!! wink

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Meh, you could just about stand. If you can balance on two feet you're technically still classed as mobile wink

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
mobile maybe , but not lucid... ubblol I'd love to come but I've been roped into spinning for charity at the Strawberry social on the Sunday... umm

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer