Forums > Social Chat > Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight

Login/Join to Participate

facelesshadowGOLD Member
Wit is not your strong point!
142 posts

Posted:
Hi,
Ok so I was looking on Yahoo lastnight and I saw that Linkin Park was in the number two spot for being most searched confused. So I took a gander in and found that their new album is going to be released on Monday May 14 biggrin.

On their website I found their new song "What I've Done" and I have listend to it a few times now. I find it very different than alot of their past songs. For one thing, there seems to be no vocals in it from Mike Shinoda, and for another it does not seem to have the energy in Chester's vocals that is usually to be expected from one of their singles off a new album confused.

I was not fond of it the first time I heard frown it but now that I have listened to it about 8 times it is beginning to grow on me. biggrin

I know this is more or less a nonsense topic but I thought that I might open the floor for anyone who was interested to comment ubbidea, plus that is what Social Chat is for right? ubbrollsmile

Beyond the Continuum.

E_V_I_LMosh-mosh-mosh-mosh.
346 posts

Posted:
Didn't even know they'd got a new album coming out - got all their other stuff, pretty good to bounce around too!

Xbox360 Live ID - Sacred Apollyon

"Enemies you threaten make armies. Enemies you destroy make graves."

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Just had a listen.... it's a friggin indie song. Rubbish.

Not that I'm particularly fond of Linkin Park to start with, but they did have some good tunes. I'll be avoiding the new one I think.

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

facelesshadowGOLD Member
142 posts

Posted:
E_V_I_L : I can agree that their older stuff is pretty good to bounce around to. They are pretty much my favorite, though I do think that some things in their path of success could have been omitted.

I am not too fond of the LP/Jay-z Fort minor thing, and it took a long long time for me to appreciate reanimation. As far as the Live in Texas goes, I am not fond of live music but I have not heard much of the cd to be able to form a stable comment.

The one thing that I have progressively noticed about this new song is that the piano that begins the song is cool, but it sounds like an old horror movie. Kinda like the theme for Michael Myers.

Sambo_Flux I understand the resistance, but I believe it is better to form that opinion after you have heard all of the songs. I have found that the top single on a cd can be really one of the worst songs on the album.

Beyond the Continuum.

E_V_I_LMosh-mosh-mosh-mosh.
346 posts

Posted:
Cool - I got given the live in Texas CD and I'm not a fan of recorded live stuff so I'm not sure I've ever listened to it in fact!

The LP/JZ stuff was cool, lovin the "99 problems" mash-up they did, then again most of Jay-Z's stuff is pretty cool ... although I am jealous as he gets to schmooze up to Beyonce (Who IS my future wife, despite what reality says to the contrary!) every night the lucky sod. *Sulk*

Fort Minor - Meh. Nuffin amazing, but quite good.....

Xbox360 Live ID - Sacred Apollyon

"Enemies you threaten make armies. Enemies you destroy make graves."

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

_3C_Daywalker
215 posts

Posted:
The Video to What I've Done, is like a cross between Virtigo, and Saints Are Coming, I used to be a huge fan of Linkin Park (and I guess I still am ...of their earlier stuff anyway), but this video just makes them look like they're trying to be U2. Their videos were known to be visually good, Joe Hahn (the dj) usually directs them, and I normally like his stuff, but this... Nah its not one of this greats in my opinion.
I like the song tho, I'd listen to it without the vid.

Speed of Dark: As yet unmeasured, but believed to be faster than light owing to its ability to move so quickly out of light's way. -- Terry Pratchett

[total number of times I've been hit in the head with poi: 10! <--- Double Digits!!!!]

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
One of my friends pointed out that every single linkin park song thus far except for one, is in the same musical key.

It was worth a laugh, guess it wasn't too hard to write their songs.

Makes me interested to hear their new cd if people are calling it "indie rubbish", maybe there's something different? tongue

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

facelesshadowGOLD Member
142 posts

Posted:
E_V_I_L: I have some friends that think the Live in Texas is cool but I just don't find live music all that cool. I mostly like the stuff that is electronically made to sound crisp.
I shall have to listen to the 99 problems one day when I get the chance.

_3C_ : I do find the resembalance to those music videos...though I do find the differencer in the messages protrayed and also in the video. Though I do definately agree that this is one of the poorest movies I have seen them do. They are usually more visually pleasing and I find that this one was really not, and the music video looks like something that alot of other bands would do. Where as their older stuff seemed to be for the most part unique.

KaelGotRice: I can not really say anything about the musical key thing for I am very ignorant when it comes to music, I have never wanted to learn about it untill just recently. Even now though I am only interested in playing a djembe and you really do not need to know a whole lot of music education to be able to make it sound good.

Though I do not agree that "it wasn't too hard to write their songs." If you may...take a look at the time distance inbetween their actual albums, not remixes, or live, or collaborations. There is a three year separation inbetween Hybrid Theory, and Meteora, adn now another four inbetween Meteora and Minutes to Midnight. I think that they spend more time on their actual albums than most other bands out there. Some bands aren't even waiting a year before coming out with their next "album" which is actually mostly crap, not all but mostly.

Also, I can find all of their songs very discernable from eachother. I don't see how people can not tell the differences inbetween any two songs of Linkin Park.

But too each their own I guess lolsign

Beyond the Continuum.