Forums > Social Chat > Oh my god I'm falling from the sky!!!!

Login/Join to Participate

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
okay so I'm not falling from the sky just yet...but I will be on the 26th may. I'm doing a sponsored sky dive for the matthew project with some of the peeps from work (who are doing it for different charities). So I was wondering has anyone on here done a sky dive before? Bear in mind that I am a cowardly wanna be adrenaline junkie so no scaring me with whee-splat stories please tongue

Oh also if any of you luverly people feel like sponsoring me that would be nice to (juuust to be cheeky) and to assure you it's not a scam https://www.matthewproject.co.uk/supportus/default.asp?ID=15&subname=supportus but just stories of sky diving would be great biggrin

Thanking you

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
I'm skydiving for the first time on the 12th of May with some work friends. Am looking forward to it immensely smile hug Will write back here after said jump!

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

_FSA_now comes with skydiving license
1,627 posts

Posted:
I've been sky diving before biggrin And I assure you, it was one of the best things I've ever done! biggrin

From looking at the website it says it's a tandem jump from 100,00 feet with a freefall of up to 40 seconds at 120 mph, which is the same as the jump I did. smile

One thing they didn't warn me about is the when you first leave the plane you normally do a few flips and generally get thrown around a bit because of the wind and air pressure. It's a bit of a shock when you're not expecting it, so just be aware! smile

I've heard of plenty of 'wee-splat' stories, but most of those were by solo sky divers, if you're gong tandem it's pretty safe.. I guess you don't really need to hear any of those stories though.. But good on you for doing it, I assure you it'll be fun..! Well that's if you're as much of an adrenaline junky as me! bounce

Have fun!

Proudly owned by the very cute Pineapple Pete. Owner of Noddy. Joint owner of Mr Majestik.

DragosaniGOLD Member
sunset seadragon
679 posts

Posted:
I'm hopefully jumping this weekend, if the weather holds.
I'm doing a solo jump - part of an AFF course.

“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” - Oscar Wilde
Jointly owned by FreyaJ, Birgit and Aurinko

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Take comfort in the fact that in a tandem jump, your instructor is obliged to land underneath you if for any reason the chute fails, somewhat increasing your chances of survival. smile

You'll be fine! I've never sky dived, but you're really more likely to die in a traffic accident.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
I'll go skydiving on the 24th of May! *thehe*
@Dragosani: what is AFF? Where are you going to jump?

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

DragosaniGOLD Member
sunset seadragon
679 posts

Posted:
Accelerated Free Fall
Moorsele iin Belgium.
Weeeeeeee, GASP, pull !

“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” - Oscar Wilde

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
 Written by: The Tea Fairy

Take comfort in the fact that in a tandem jump, your instructor is obliged to land underneath you if for any reason the chute fails, somewhat increasing your chances of survival. smile

You'll be fine! I've never sky dived, but you're really more likely to die in a traffic accident.

I take immense comfort in that fact, here's hoping I get a nice squishy instructor tongue

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Hey, enjoy the jump. Never done tandem, only solo but tandem should be alright I guess.

I had never felt so free in my life as when I was "hanging" in the sky! One of the best things I've ever done in my life!

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

DragosaniGOLD Member
sunset seadragon
679 posts

Posted:
I FELL FROM THE SKIES!!!!
It was absolutely mental!
It was my first AFF jump.
Everything was so amazing, did all my excercises and enjoyed the rush immensely. I enjoyed it so much I forgot to pull.
That's why you have two instructors. He pulled my chute for me.
Blue skies!