Page:
alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
this subject is RELLY getting on my nerves!!!!

my neighbour CONSTANTLY moas at me for noise levels, i don't mind turning it down when i'm asked as it's nopt a problem. what i DO mind is snotty little notes through my door saying

"it's a lovely day, i just wish i could enjoy it in my garden withought YOU noise"

THIS coming form someone who's dog baks 24/7 at the drop of a hat ubblol

i don't think myself as anti social but atthe end of the day it's 2pm, i'e just got back from town and i would like to listen to some tunes. t's not like my rig is cranked up beyond 28%.

it's a sunny afternoon, i'm not breaking ANY laws and i AM getting jarred off with all these snotty little notes that keep coming through my door.

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
IMO, as a general guideline, if your neighbour is upset about your noise levels, go outside your house and listen- if you can hear your music then it's obviously at a level where it's invasive.

If you care about invading your neighbours space, then consider turning it down; or-

Written by: Gnor

Can you wear headphones instead?

Most people have a sound system of some kind, you have a 'rig'- that suggests to me that perhaps your objectivity on this issue may be compromised smile

Seriously, a lot of people have, in their adult lives, endured extremely stressful times due to inconsiderate noise-making neighbours- it only takes a few such ordeals to become sensitized to having the music of others inflicted into your home.

Those who haven't experienced it tend to be incapable of understanding just how invasive it can be.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
I feel your pain about good neighbors gone bad! My neighbors got old and crazy! To the point where the one to my left (before they moved) intentionally struck and killed my cat with her car. The one to my right hit my mother's car, did body damage, and LIED about it (we're still searching for a way to peg her ass about it!)

Now, on a more related note, my brother and his misbegotten high school band learned a highly valuable lesson after recieving 71 noise complants within 30 minutes of rehearsal and being shut down by the police. Our town supports a "noise hours" policy. Construction, lawn work, loud music, and otherwise invasive events can only occur within the "noise hours." For our neighborhood, it was 8:00AM to 5:00PM. Between those hours was open game for loud activity. Outside those hours, as the police were polite to point out, was far game to get shut down at the first complaint.

I encourage you to take a proactive approach and find out if your town supports noise ordinances that include hours for open noise. If so, just follow the ordinances and make sure that your neighbor is aware of these laws that protect your right to enjoy your music during those hours (and outside of those hours within reason). In addition to that, I encourage you to save all of these "pink notes" and document other occurences to potentially build a harassment case or perhaps file charges against them if they continue to harass your or damage your property.

G'luck, from someone who's fighting a somewhat similar fight herself. *hug* Hopefully it'll all work out in the end!

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Sounds like she has issues with you babe. Or she fancies you rotten and wants to meet with you any way she can.

Go talk again to her. Try to sort a time that you can play. maybe she can crank up her tunes/TV at the same time so she cant hear yours. Talk to the neighbours about the noise again and make sure its reasonable in their eyes. Find out the noise restrictions as suggested above and maybe even talk to the council now before damage to property happens.

Our neighbour put in a multiple complaint straight to the council about
1 our noise
2 our parking on the street
3 our parking near her driveway
4 our branches of our tree
We did a canvas of the neighhbours to find who did it and they all denied it. 3 boggled at the noise complaint as they say we have the quietest parties ever and they liked to sit down and watch our sword practice (which is what the complaints were about) We think the crux was that her son liked to watch us and that didnt sit well with her. She denied putting in a complaint and later her husband (now ex) told us she had done it.
Anyways the council came around and checked us out and wanted to play with us!!!

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ravehead

Written by: Fine_Rabid_Dog

It doesn't matter if the music is offensive or not.

They might just think that that sort of music sucks, and you're playing it too loud so they can hear it.

so what am i supposed to do, it's not like i got my rig cranked up beyond 15% and ok yesterday i had the window open because it was hot as hell in my house (south facing, large windows)

If they can hear it, turning it down some more isn't going to kill you, is it?

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
mate i got it turnerd down so much now it's hardly worth listening to ANY tunes no matter what style wink

like i've said from the start, i'm not out to antagonise ANYONE as i know what it's like to be woken up at 2am by my neighbour (the other side).

but for someone to go mental at me for listening to music in the middle of the day i NOT illegal

Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
I'm telling you, Rave, find out if your town has "noise hours." If so, just leave a copy of the town ordinance taped to your door for when she decides to leave her pink post-its. It is your home afterall, and you should feel free to relax and enjoy yourself in the comfort of your home so long as it is within legal confines.

=/

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
"soundmeter" appears like a good option.

You have a "rig", ravehead... umm ubblol I think the evidence is kinda not in your favour at this point... wink 15% on MY rig is like 187% on the "rig" that my mum owns - guess why I better communicating in writing, than in talking - I simply can't hear what you're mumbling... wink ubblol

Thing is, that once some "adult" censored (whatever that should point at) has got an eye on you, there is little you can do "right", but turn off the music, or look for another place...

Ever appeared to you, that you might get classified as the "annoying neighbor"? It's all in the eye of the beholder... shrug

As initially stated, the soundmeter might be the onoly option. I had quarrels with my neighbor every night, never got the proper idea, until I asked him to let me into his place, asked my matey via cellphone to turn up the volume... and was shocked how much he could hear... walls like paper eek

So I ended up adjusting to an acceptable level for both... with mutually agreed exceptions (like Friday and Saturday nights)...

Then again, he was kind-a cool lad... doesn't sound like your chip is alike... whereas I like the small notes much more than the police kicking my door...

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Page: