Page:
alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
this subject is RELLY getting on my nerves!!!!

my neighbour CONSTANTLY moas at me for noise levels, i don't mind turning it down when i'm asked as it's nopt a problem. what i DO mind is snotty little notes through my door saying

"it's a lovely day, i just wish i could enjoy it in my garden withought YOU noise"

THIS coming form someone who's dog baks 24/7 at the drop of a hat ubblol

i don't think myself as anti social but atthe end of the day it's 2pm, i'e just got back from town and i would like to listen to some tunes. t's not like my rig is cranked up beyond 28%.

it's a sunny afternoon, i'm not breaking ANY laws and i AM getting jarred off with all these snotty little notes that keep coming through my door.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Getting on with your neighbours is tricky. Whatever you are doing is causing an issue with them, real to you or not its bugging them. Can you talk to them and come to an agreement that you will have your noise, but only for a short time. Can you wear headphones instead? Bill forges on weekends and that is a penetrating horrid banging so he is very careful not to do it after sunset. Our tricky neighbour started odd work shifts so we cut the noise wheh she was sleeping.

Maybe they are nervous about talking to you again and so the note is a compromise for them. I cant deal with loud noises anymore and I just hope my boys love mp3 players for their music or there will be fun here too. I fI had a neighbour living close who played music that annoyed me there would be hassles as well.

Can you make them part of your life and so they will be more tolerant. My neighbour feeds and waters my chooks more than I do and the other throws rocks at them. One of them is kept in eggs. I still dont know what we did to earn her dislike but she is a tricky one.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

7,193 posts

Posted:
i keep my sound levels within a responsible level, ONLY during th day! at night it's at minimum capasicity

i'm not out to annoy next door or to start a noise war but it seams that if i want my rig up to an optimim level i get the same generic note through my door.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Failing that...

Non-Https Image Link

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

7,193 posts

Posted:
more like this in my back yard..............

Non-Https Image Link

or THIS........

Non-Https Image Link

7,193 posts

Posted:
or even this.........

Non-Https Image Link

The most powerful sub ever created. It was born out of a
military request and is housed in a 20' x 8' x 8' shipping container.

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

it contains :-

Non-Https Image Link

40 drivers, 40 kwatts of self powered and built in generator to boot.

Specification is -3dB @ 12 Hz and flat from 15-80 Hz. It will do 105 dB @ 250 meters.

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
What do they use it for? Maybe they plan to air drop it on the enemy and play the brown note ubblol

If our neighbours dog didn't spend the whole day barking, I wouldn't have to play any music biggrin

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: polarity

What do they use it for?

"It will do 105 dB @ 250 meters."

this would put ANYONE one their arse ubblol

7,193 posts

Posted:
-----------------------BUMP------------------------------

i've just had ANOTHER note through my door..........this time in a pink envelope.......this time warning "i will take *other* measures" eek i live next to a psycho.

my rig isn't even that loud!!!!

thing is she's deaf enough to ignore me when i say hello but if i even scratch my butt when it's dark she moans i'm making too much noise ubblol

honestly i'm going to plant a 20K turbo sound rig in my yard and keep her up for a week ubbloco
EDITED_BY: ravehead (1174951886)

M33k0BRONZE Member
78 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ravehead

thing is she's deaf enough to ignore me when i say hello but if i even scratch my butt when it's dark she moans i'm making too much noise ubblol

Haha sorry that made me giggle smile

In my old house I used to crank the music so [censored] loud my neighbors would call the cops.... and in my old house the houses were really far apart, so it took a lot of damn noise to piss off my neighbors!

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
Well...tell her that when she gets her dog's vocal chords cut, then you'll quit with your music...

On an aside...what kind of music do you listen to? Is it perhaps offensive? ...cuz I could understand, maybe if it was something that would offend anyone... shrug

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
There's always these speakers, if you really want to be sadistic. I was thinking of playing Machine Head or endless loops of Beavis and Butthead at one particularly vindictive neighbour.

You can make it so the sound can only be heard inside the victim's house, and they have no idea where it's coming from, as it seems to come from inside their own head.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
do you live in a block of flats? is the noise travelling into another flat and being seen as annoying?

are your speakers on the wall of the ajoining house (if they are ajoining)? cause the noise that travels into another hosue can come from the placement of your speakers...

are you playing doof, doof, doof music? Whenever I hear that music, over and over again, I want to scream as it gives me a headache and annoys the bejesus out of me...

are you playing the same music every day?

try putting your feet in the other persons shoes and try and work out what might be causing the complaints?

smile

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Im agreeing with Ades comments but I reckon I am turning into grumpy old women with chin hair and thinking you young whipper snappers have hideous music wink

Is there a more impartial neighbour that isnt deaf that you can talk to

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
Sorry to say this Rave but unless you live in the middle of no where, you DO have to be considerate of your neighbors. One of the many benefits (drawbacks) of living in town and not in the middle of 50 empty acres.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

7,193 posts

Posted:
the tunes i'm listening to are not offencive https://www.myspace.com/ziontrainindub, it's mainly reggae or psy trance, my speakers are not hung on the wall problem is i have neighbours either side of me. the other neighbour is no problem at all.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
It doesn't matter if the music is offensive or not.

They might just think that that sort of music sucks, and you're playing it too loud so they can hear it.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
*sings*

oh wouldnt it be nice to get on with me neighbours,
but they make it pretty clear they've got no room for ravers

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Fine_Rabid_Dog

It doesn't matter if the music is offensive or not.

They might just think that that sort of music sucks, and you're playing it too loud so they can hear it.

so what am i supposed to do, it's not like i got my rig cranked up beyond 15% and ok yesterday i had the window open because it was hot as hell in my house (south facing, large windows)

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
ubblol *sings* Laaazy sunday afternoon....*

I think communication via little pink notes is the way forwards! Tell her to be a grown-up about it and come round for a cuppa, you can show her your rig and explain the value of the music to you. Perhaps discuss an appropriate schedule for playing your tunes when it's least likely to bother her and see what volume she can tolerate, or if indeed the volume is the problem (maybe she just doesn't like the tunes).

Agreed, trying to compromise for neighbors sucks some times, but if you can get her to see you as a reasonable person she's less likely to act like a complete arse.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

spinningstarletSILVER Member
enthusiast
271 posts

Posted:
Invite them over one night maybe and sit down and discuss it reasonably. This way you are proving to them that you are being reasonable!

See if you can come to some sort of compramise. Make a list first of your points ie:
it's on 15%
it's only on at *sociable* times - ie not at stupid o'clock
but make sure you put a positive spin on it all.

This way you know what you are going to say first and may help the discussion from getting out of hand.

Then make a list of possiable compramises, mention the Dog if you have to but remember that there may be little they can do to help that.

If all this fails, then at least you can claim you have been reasonable and have taken measures to rectify the situation. You are being more mature then them, by taking the time to talk to them, as opposed to snottly little notes. if they do take further action like calling the police, at least you have something in you defence to back you up.

7,193 posts

Posted:
thing is we've lived next door to each other since i was 8 years old and we had to go through the loud tunes of her teen age son and she had to go through me and my bro growing up.

musics always been a big part of my life and i'm not out to antagonise anyone, ok some of the tunes i love are bass heavy but i've not got my system exceptionally loud

this is my beast ubblol

Non-Https Image Link

7,193 posts

Posted:
WTF???? just sat here listening to my tunes at an even more reduced noise level and i've just been getting stones thrown over my garden fence, had her banging on my door (i didn't answer it as i would have told her to [censored] off!!!

it' 14:26, the afternoon, and i'm being moaned at psychologicly for enjoying music, hopefully bands that will sign up for our festival angry

7,193 posts

Posted:
eek dappy cow almost put one of my widows through!!!!! man if she wans trouble i'm equipped to dish it out

ZenoophSILVER Member
psychadelic pyro
570 posts

Posted:
I would paint her dog pink in protest to her moaning.

But then again I'm ever so slightly off my rocker, so don't follow my advice.

Normality is the playground of the unimaginative

7,193 posts

Posted:
i cant believe that after trying to reduce my sound levels i'm STILL getting complaints!!!!

i can still hear the birds outside in my garden FFs so it's not loud.

i will not stoop to her level, i have no qualms what so ever turning it down if i am genuinly causing a nusence but SHE seems to be the only person that complains, i have 6 other houses around me, her's being one and i've NEVER had a complaint from the othr 5!!!

i quote..........

"thing is she's deaf enough to ignore me when i say hello but if i even scratch my butt when it's dark she moans i'm making too much noise"

ZenoophSILVER Member
psychadelic pyro
570 posts

Posted:
A friend of mine used to own a noise level meter and whenever we had parties and the cops rocked up, he'd run outside with the thing and show the cops that we're well within limits. Maybe worth getting one of those, then at least if she does call the cops, you're well within your rights.

Keep the notes to make a fire with.

Normality is the playground of the unimaginative

7,193 posts

Posted:
cheers zenooph, most of the advice i've gotten involves............

A) petrol bomb her house
B) kill her dog
C) stab her up
D) crank up the tunes in the hopw she has a nervouse breakdown
E) throw a three day party
F) shove her own dogs poop through her letter box

ubblol gotta love squatjuice for good advice

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
i would attend a three day party to cause ur nieghbours hell ravehead... needs must

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Definitely sounds like its worth having a chat to her, at least that way it makes it seem like you have been the good neighbour and attempted to compromise.

When that fails, the sound meter idea sounds good and just play it to your hearts content.

If i was having rocks thrown at my place I would certainly be lodging a complaint against her...

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
did you return the rocks in the same manner they were delivered? tongue

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Page: