adrenalinenewbie
18 posts

Posted:
Hi! i just got my foxy pair of socks a few days ago, but i got 2 problems... i cant find the proper weight to use, are the tenis balls sold here on HOP have any special weight or they weight like the regular tenis balls, im trying hackey sacks but some weight a lot, others weights little......confused 2) im trying to do tangles but seems the poi just tangles a lot that its imposible to untangle them after the roll, ive seen videos and the socks they use 4 tangles dont strech and mine stretch a lot,,, should i keep trying or maybe get another pair of socks... pleeaasee!! thankx biggrin

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny. - Frank Outlaw

sxsk17BRONZE Member
stranger
17 posts

Posted:
your socks will get less stretchy over time as the material is permanently stretched out.

i don't really remember how hard tangles were in mine back when I had just replaced the socks, but I don't remember it being especially hard. they might just improve over time, give them a few days or so.

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
tennis balls are tennis balls wherever you get them from and time and practice are all that you need to get your tangles right (sometimes new toys make old tricks difficult).

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

adrenalinenewbie
18 posts

Posted:
ok! its just that i read somewhere about different ball weithgs,, thanks ill keep spinning im starting to get the tangles

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny. - Frank Outlaw

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
Just throw some rice directly into your socks. Once you've figured out how much of it you need to get the right weight for you, transfer it into some little plastic bags or balloons, and put it back in the sock.

Tennis balls are silly because they hurt when they hit you in the head.

The socks will stop stretching so much after a while, don't worry.

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

adrenalinenewbie
18 posts

Posted:
thanx all! i finally found my proper weitht for my socks,,, i got that feeling you know what i mean smile im using hacky sacks

thanx Hellen of Poi for those nice words hug

Kaleb_CopenhaverBRONZE Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
i received my poi, and within 10 minutes of playing around they ripped, best suggested idea on how to fix it, cuz of the strethchy material, or do they come with a hole on each side so tenis ball is able to come out. ?? help - kaleb

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
The hole for the tennis ball is meant to be there and would have been there but hidden in the seam when you got them. smile

You can swap the tennis balls out for glowpoi, or heavier balls, or uncooked rice, or whatever else you want to spin with.

DidgeridudeGOLD Member
Object Manipulationist, Chain Maille Artisan, Didgeridoo Performer and Teacher
37 posts

Posted:
i found these firm gel "stress balls" that have more weight than a footbag or tennis balls, is smaller, and has only heft of impact without the hardness found tennis balls. they cost about a dollar a piece and i really like them in my socks.
As far a trouble with tangles, make sure to keep you hands equal distance apart from each other, and dont let them come closer to each other while in mid tangle. If your hands get closer together, than the tangle fails. Maybe thatll help... /shrug
EDITED_BY: Didgeridude (1297927399)

I do not have a Soul, . . . I AM a Soul.
I Have a body.