Page: ...
_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hello, hello and welcome to the all-new, shiny thread for fire dancers, spinners, object manipulators, drummers, musicians and anyone else interested in these arts anywhere in Ireland.

Our community started coming together a few years ago, and it's grown to include people from all over the country...

If you are new to poi or staff or spinning stuff and want to meet up with any of the Irish spinners, please post in this thread, introduce yourself and feel free to come along to the workshops, gatherings or events that get talked about.

Also, if you'd like to be on my mailing list for fire gatherings and other juggling events, please PM me your email address and I'll add it. The fire gathering takes place fortnightly in Belfast, but it's one way to keep in touch with everyone.

So welcome, and hope to see you soon wave

Clare x

Updates on Circus/spinny gatherings around Ireland

Belfast:

Tuesday:

5pm-7pm

Streetwise (community circus) meet in Morton Community Centre (off Lisburn Road)… providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills. Run by Dave from Babcock and Bobbins (on HoP as Bobbins).

8.30pm-10pm

I run a poi workshop for the Crescent Arts Centre (now housed in City Church, Holylands - opposite the Spar), featuring occasional special guests when they visit… Please PM me if you are interested in poi lessons.

9.30/10pm-midnight

Fortnightly fire gathering in Crescent Park, Belfast (opposite The Fly/Scratch bar). This is a friendly and informal gathering for anyone interested in spinning fire or learning more. Please PM me if you want to know the dates for the next gathering.

Wednesday:

7pm-9.30pm

Adult circus in Belfast Community Circus (Gordon St, Cathedral Quarter, Belfast). Weekly circus training for adults using various circusy props. £5 per week.

Galway:

Tuesday:

5pm-??

NUI Galway juggling club meet in Aras Na MacLeinn. Providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Thursday:

5pm-??

NUI Galway juggling club meet at the Bank of Ireland theatre.

Sunday:

12pm-4pm

NUI Galway juggling club meet at the Dangan Sports Centre.

Cork:

Tuesday:

5.30pm-8pm

Cork Community Circus meet at Loch Community Centre, at the top of Barracks St, Greenmount – providing an indoor space to practice and learn new skills. (Probably) run by Cormac (not on HoP). Three euro cover charge.

Limerick:

Thursday:

7pm-9pm

Limerick Juggling Club meet at the Limerick Youth Centre, on Lower Glentworth Street. Club run by fantastic jugglers Joe McGinley and Richy Brennan.

Dublin:

Monday:

5pm-9pm

DIT juggling club meet in the hall behind Belvedere College – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Tuesday:

7pm-9pm

Trinity juggling club meet in Goldsmith Hall, Pearse Street – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

Wednesday:

7pm-9pm

DIT juggling club meet in Linen Hall, across the road from Bolton Street. Go through the archway at the side of Bodkins, and it's on the top floor, in the gym.

4.30pm-6pm

NCAD juggling club meet.

Thursday:

6pm-9.30pm

UCD juggling club meet in the Memorial Hall, beside the Architecture buildings – providing a free, indoor space to practice and learn new skills.

(PS:

DIT will meet...

24th September - 5th December 2007

28th January - 14th March 2008

31st March - 25th April 2008)

Dun Laoghaire

Tuesday:

6pm-8pm

IADT meet… somewhere… a new club, and everyone is welcome!

Events:

British Juggling Convention (April)

UberParis (June)

Play (July)

EJC (July)

Falmouth (September)

Clonakilty JC (September)

Bristol (September)

(If you have any updates on these clubs or events, please PM them to me...)

Take care, happy spinning

X

biggrin

weavesmiley

EDITED_BY: _Clare_ (1213212737)

Getting to the other side smile

imprettylikedrugskicking cucumbers constantly : )
160 posts

Posted:
Controversial, but i reckon we go clubbing baby seals near Finland... i know a good spot...

and we arrive in Germany wearing a fabulous downy soft cape. And our club swinging skillz will be unbeatable. ubblol

or we try and learn how to make crack. Im up for either really.

Today's subliminal thought is : " . ; ..." that is all.

KneelSILVER Member
journeyman
80 posts

Posted:
so then,whos goin ejc for definite?im inches away from buying my tickets but hav no idea whos goin...

-Niall-

TheDeeSILVER Member
47 posts

Posted:
I defo there - plane tickets booked and all.

ps: just a quick reminder that Trinity juggling is on THURSDAY not Tuesday this week! It's back to normal then next week.
EDITED_BY: TheDee (1207552375)

160 posts

Posted:
APRIL FOOLS !!!!!!

TheDeeSILVER Member
47 posts

Posted:
Stop it, stop it, stop it ... I don't do April fools a week late!

If anyone decides to pop down to Goldsmith Hall tonight they will be entertained by an orchestra rehearsing rather than by juggling!

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
so its just a regular joke and not an april first joke?

160 posts

Posted:
Naw its me just annoying Dee in a playful way...when she made the announcement last week on Tuesday it was April fools, so i went around telling every one that she was taking the piss, and that it was actually on on Tuesday...not Thursday...and now its just spawned into something terrible...something i no longer control...something akin to tourettes... : D

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
so, you lads sure i can't tempt you to PLAY instead of carvin this year? got *awesome* shows lined up... and a definite lack of irish nutters to entertain frown

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
i might be at play... but i better get a warm welcome for being one of the few irish :P

160 posts

Posted:
i think that every one is going to Carvin instead due to two factors, Logisticley its easier to EJC it up big Stylie, and second...Wine that is as Cheap as a Packet of Lidl Noodles. : D

Good times.

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
so is anyone going tonight?

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
someone tell hairy rob to get in touch with me, would they?

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
i presume hairy rob is poi rob witht the glasses?? if i see him at trinity tonight ill tell him....

160 posts

Posted:
Yeah ill see him later, And ive sent the fluffy BasTERD a SMS...

Messy_hair_Clairenewbie
10 posts

Posted:
im visiting my auntie in geneva the week between carvin+ejc, ubbrollsmile but as i said before if there's anything happening the few days after ejc i'd like to know what the craic is!! never been to germany before and i'll be on my tod cos i forsee me and cameron having a horrible very public break-up in carvin, ah only joking cam-face!!! hug and plus i just want a longer holiday from work!!! ubbloco

160 posts

Posted:
HA- HA- HA *Slow Applause.....

ubblol ill just slut myself on Gom...*Shudders.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
mmmm. gom....

ubblove

Messy_hair_Clairenewbie
10 posts

Posted:
umm

a back-up plan is always good i guess....

can anyone tell me which airport is closest to carvin and do i hafta use crappy ryan air to get there???

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
belfast is close... oh wait... never mind biggrin

hi folks! im bored in work... entertain me

Tir_na_nOgjourneyman
55 posts

Posted:
Hey everybody!!!!!!! Come to PLAY lol!!!!!!!

Looks like im for play, coz I gotta come back to ireland before the EJC anywayz and now ill be able to do two things this summer!! YAY

160 posts

Posted:
Oh Gawdm theres such conflicting interests about which event to attend...Dammit...Could we do this by a show of hands?

Whos GOing to Play and Why,
And whos Going to Carvin and Why...I might awell kick proceeding off...

Carvin: Because French people smell more than i do...LOL ... only joking, french people are amazing...CHeap Wine...on the Continent so Easy Travel to other places... : D

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
\o

if im going anywhere its gonna be to Play cause i cant get the time off to go traveling properly and i know if i go to carvin..then il go to EJC which i shouldnt

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Why not join me and start the conventionyness warm up down south of France at Faya Festival!?

And on to the topic of lenghthening the madness by another week, is anyone heading to Boom after EJC? If so how are ye getting there?

sunny

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

160 posts

Posted:
Here Mr POTamus...im at a loose end on the continent between the dates of the 18th and 21st...Whats the story with this south of France festival ? music? spinning? smoking? Cheese? wine?

Wouldnt it be great to arrive at a cheese appreciation festival, and to hi-jack it for out anti gravitational needs.
also when you back in the emerald isle ?

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
just to tempt you even more, the list of PLAY shows will be online this week smile

mwahahahahaha i'm going to make you regret it, cameron...

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
right looks like me and Rob are gonna be the 2 irish at PLAY...

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
i'll have guinness laid on especially for ya.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Dublin, 15th-18th may is the place to be...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

splinterificGOLD Member
enthusiast
248 posts

Posted:
ill be there Ed wink i hope...

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
hello all. I found this Dublin Circus Week that is apparently happening July 13-20th in Temple Bar area.

That would be great as its the same time Im in Dublin, but I cant find any other information. Has anyone over there heard of this or can point me in the direction of more info?

"to a man whose only tool is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail." Abraham Maslow

Page: ...