Page: ...
Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
EDITED!

Hello girls and boys, tis me again. I know you thought we'd stopped all this malarkey, but due to many organisational reasons Hellfire has been postponed until next year. Therefore, it seems like there is an opportunity to have another Cornwall-based fire jam this year.

After much intense discussion, the campsite at Gwithian has been booked for the 6th to the 10th of September

The campsite is booked from the Thursday night to the Monday night as usual, and we'll take it from there.

PM me with questions/advice or mail me on magsthejedi at hotmail . com

It's on...

devil

EDITED_BY: Mags The Jedi (1183984479)

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
nope mine's the 6th - first evening biggrin

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
*grumble* boss isnt allowing anyone to take holiday in september *grumble* xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

BurdaASILVER Member
Sacrebleu
377 posts

Posted:
hello peeps

i have a question if i may

i'm new to HoP but spinning for a couple of years, is this an old-schoolers only event or can myself and another couple of passionate spinners I know partake.
wavehello

Poi(poi~y) n. : A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.
- part owner of Wooktastic™ ©

addict
498 posts

Posted:
this is will be my first falmouth, and compared to most people on here i'm still a newbie! everyone's welcome biggrin

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Vix - easy way to get around that lil problem - quit! smile

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
If I can get a lift with someone who has room for a dog as well as me and my stuff that would be awesome biggrin

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
right i want to come to this, any lifts from up north? ubbangel

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
i am contemplating coming, but i need details about what exactly is on, where exactly its going to be, and costs ect. then i can start thinking about getting there biggrin have been browsing the calendar and getting all annoyed that i cant just hop on a plane to all the other places frown seeing as its in the uk i might as well give it a go biggrin

if i could be a busy busy bee...

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
Can't make this one frown it's the same weekend as my birthday and I'm in London for the weekend. Monopoly board pub crawl on!! beerchug

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
oooo! I might even be able to make this one, certainly for the weekend at least, thats exciting! biggrin

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
I maybe able to make this one. Finally I miss Falmouth. ALthough Im going to uni there hopefully. May also be able to give a couple of lifts from London, but will have to confirm biggrin biggrin biggrin

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Falmouth is in Cornwall.
It's just a bunch of like-minded people getting together on a campsite to chill out hand have fun with each other and spinn round a camp fire on a beach at night.
This year I beleve the campsite is the same as it was for both Fal5 & 6. Which is Gwithian Farm, Gwithian.

The nearest train station is Hayle and the nearest big (ish) town for landmarks is St. Ives. Gwithian is on the near side of St. Ives bay, looking accross towards St. Ives itself.
Douglette, will be great to see you again, not seen you since my adventures began last year hug
I plan on driving down to this one also, but will be heading towards london way afterwards too meet some friends from Oz the weekend after this smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
looks like I might be taking a gig this weekend. might get down for the tail end (sunday night) and stay for a few chilled days in kernow.

oh dear, im doing what i said i never would frown i'll have more fun at bristol just after if i have more money though . . .

Jake the Juggler

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Jake you big homo, you better not miss a Falmouth or i'm seriously gonna kick you in the hacky sacks.

The weather down here is being a bit wacky, but hopefully summer should have arrived by September.

As to what Falmouth is...

It's not really anything. It's certainly not the entertainment and arts extravaganza that Play is, but that's kinda what makes it fun. It's a bit more organic, like Steaks said, it's just a bunch of people getting together to play and lark about on the beach. The only cost is for the campsite, and you'll probably want to bring money for food and recreational poisons, although there may be a whip round for firewood, but we'll deal with that when we get to it.

Who wants to give me a lift from this to Bristol then?

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

FearpigSILVER Member
member - tee hee "member"
279 posts

Posted:
Looking forward to this one... not sure yet if I can make it but its been a wicked laugh every time I've been to one!

"Whats wrong with the cat?" - Mrs Schrödinger

borganiqueBRONZE Member
154 posts

Posted:
see you all there, and jake, get to gwithian! if you don't come it'll mean i'll have to bring my own cooker! i've been stocking up on cafetiers and percol too smile. if not i'll see you at bristol.
i'll be providing a huge veggie meal on at least one night amd fresh coffee in the morning til i run out. cafetiers, coffee, brandy, veg and cooking utensil donations much appretiated.
the weather should be good, its been a split summer so septembers going to be a scorcher, don't forget your sun cream and hats now. smile

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I am going to have to pull out of going to this. A couple of things have gone against me so I can't afford to make it down and I can't drive due to not having a car.

Owner of Clarence_Quack

addict
498 posts

Posted:
hmm i wonder if hyperlight is still giving me and my friends a lift from the station to the campsite... i feel he may have forgotten... shrug

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
damn not being able to drive!!! and have a job i was hoping to come to this one but looks like io cant get there/afford it will have to see what the job centre says today to find out frown

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
I'd not (entirely) forgotten... but thanks for the reminder wink Can't wait for Falmouth - I'm excited already! I have new toys to play with this year too (wind-surfing gear) if it's on the windy side for poi biggrin

Cake or Death?

addict
498 posts

Posted:
wicked! if we get the earliest train we can be arsed to get, which is the 9am one, we should be getting there anytime after 4pm depending on how lazy we are or if there are any delays. but if let me know what time you're thinking of arriving at the campsite then we'll make sure we get there at least an hour after that smile

ZazieBRONZE Member
There Is No Spoon
68 posts

Posted:
Oh... I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really want to come, but I can't even afford the trainfare.... frown

Is there anyone driving down from Brighton area?

Three years of my life that took. And I get; "... nice."

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
So, there's gonna be about 5 of us? Excellent, sounds like it may even be as good as Fal 1.

tongue to everyone not coming...

devil

Mr_widdeat my face before i eat yours
253 posts

Posted:
https://mxaxd.wikispaces.com/

put your names down ppl!

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
I'd still really like to, things a bit complicated though, mm, G, Hyperlight how about using this instead of the weekend plan we talked about?

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
frown I really wish i was still in the UK.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
You're not the only one Asaf smile hug

Owner of Clarence_Quack

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Yakumo

I'd still really like to, things a bit complicated though, mm, G, Hyperlight how about using this instead of the weekend plan we talked about?

Sounds like a plan to me. I can't join you guys this weekend as I'm off visiting my lovely lady... and it's her birthday today so it's not one I can postpone! smile

Cake or Death?

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
i'd like to go, but i need a lift with someone who can take not only me,, but mollydog also. So it seems very unlikely that I'll be able to attend frown booo

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'm gonna need a lift but I've left it too late to organise one so probably bailing for this one too... frown

P.S. Jo can dogs attend the campsite? frown

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Page: ...