Forums > Social Chat > 2 questions for everyone.....

Login/Join to Participate

Phyzeriummember
38 posts

Posted:
Alright, i saw a video last night of a guy using some sparkling poi, and let me tell you, thats the coolest thing ive seen in quite some time!! ( https://www.incendium.org/main.htm
) thats the site with the video. I was wondering where i can get the supplies to make some, or where i can just flat out buy some, because im simply amazed at the site of them.My second question has nothing to do with poi at all, but....here goes....When you eat pop tarts, do you toast them, or just eat them untoasted? And when is the last time you did eat a toasted tart?

Pain is pleasure.

psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
1) do a search for sparkly poi. This question has been asked several thousand times before.2) Almost always untoasted, but I had them toasted today. Everyday, I usually have room temp Pop-Tarts, and a Cherry Coke [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/wink.gif">.-PSM------------------[/image]-Alphonse Bertillon

One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.-Alphonse Bertillon

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
That toasted-tart question is just begging for a ribald reply, but that would be too obvious.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
I hate poptarts and i think sparklers are illegal here. frownPere

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
Sparkley poi are nothing more than steel wool burned inside of a cage. I've seen peeps do it and it really is quite impressive. The bits continue to burn when they hit the ground, so you'll need to find a big open parking lot or a beach or something like that to avoid setting something on fire. A pair of good safety goggles probably wouldn't be a bad idea either.-p.

Phyzeriummember
38 posts

Posted:
are you from cali? I know they have alot of lame rules cuz of fires and stuff...oh well.But i did get some info on how to make better sparkly poi, and thanks psycho for tellin me what to do smile I tried using just sparklers, and man, bad idea. They were way to light and i end up burning my finger, live and learn i suppose

Pain is pleasure.

.draevonBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
Phyzerium,In the video you saw, I was using 8 sparklers attached to each poi (single wicked tube-core fire poi). You can use steel wool, but i haven't seen anyone using steel wool that could match the effect of a bunch of sparklers.I don't wear any extra safety equipment when using sparkly poi, but for obvious reasons, it's a good idea not to do any moves where the poi are spinning on a plane that intersects your body. I normally keep it to the weave and the many variations of. That way, anything that flies off the poi/sparklers will not come towards you. Also make sure you don't have any uncovered fuel in the area.Have fun with it.ÐraevonIncendium

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
dont know how to make sparkly poi.do know that i love warm poptarts in the morning. and cold poptarts when i have the munchies tongue-------------------------"snoochey boochies". Jay (aka- Bluntman)

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
I shall answer question #2 first:i cook my pop tarts with sparklers... grinthen i feed them to the dog. then the dog craps them out. i pooper-scooper it up into a plastic baggie, then mail it back to Kelloggs, because i despise pop tarts so much, that id rather be ass-raped by a 900lb silverback gorilla, while bieng forced to watch Barney the Dinosaur, than willingly eat a pop tart...and question #1) beats me...Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
Not exactly a soup question, is it?------------------~I dont care if they eat me alive, Ive got better things to do than survive. ~Ani

Wow

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Poptarts.....man...get with the times...Toaster Pastries!!!! tongue *g*Cold when in a rush, toasted when they are the fruity kind, microwaved if they are chocolatey or those types. grin------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK