Forums > Social Discussion > Random Reasons You Love Playing with Fire

Login/Join to Participate

Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
So, what are your more random moments when you realize you love fire and why?

Example: this morning, I accidentally sliced my right thumb from the base to the tip, too deep for just "adhesive strips." After searching the house turned up nothing but teeny-tiny bandaids, I ran out to the car for my fire kit, where I found peroxide, butterfly closures, gauze pads, and tape to close up the gash. If it weren't for my fire kit, I'd still be bleeding all over the house right about now. redface

How 'bout you guys? ubbrollsmile

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

M33k0BRONZE Member
78 posts

Posted:
This has nothing to do with poi or anything, but when I was younger I was in my room, playing with a lighter and lighting stuff on fire (I was about 13, and a bit of a pyro, lol) and I found an aerosol can of something, and thought "Hey lets try this!" While IN MY ROOM I sprayed this can, light my lighter, and a HUGE Fireball erupted in my room. I dont think Ive ever laughed so loud. I was then smart enough to go outside, but I played around for an hour with giant fireballs smile I loved it!

I also used to light my hand on fire with nail polish remover.

I was a stupid kid smile

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
i was always into fire a child, my first memorable moment when i "knew" was as a young child growing up in papua new guinea at a beach gathering with my folks. there was this huge fire and the locals put these big rocks in the fire so they could cook with them later.

i sat watching the flames, and got hypnotised by them and i vividly remember seeing these spiritule snakes dancing around inside the fire and that vision is still stuck in my mind today.

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
I like it when you first light up and big drops of kero come off the wick while its still and make a really wierd woosh sound

E_V_I_LMosh-mosh-mosh-mosh.
346 posts

Posted:
I'm not fire-spinning at the moment, I've always had a healthy respect for fire, but also an overwhelming fascination with it too.

When I was a kid I used to burn pretty much anything I could lay my hands on (I used to play on a building site, no shortage of supply!). Aerosols soon followed, then school allowed me to experiement more during science classes.

Then whilst at Uni I had a few mates who used to make their own fire-works and I was very much into that (Fire AND explosions! What more could I want?!?!)

Been down the self-destructive route too. Been dared to stub out cigs on my flesh, put out fires with my hands ... all that stupid stuff when I was trying to seek acceptance from people.

Now it's just an appreciation for it's beauty, it's power and it's use.

So much so that I'm wanting to be a retained fire-fighter ... learn more, respect it more, save lives and get a uniform that the ladies love ? smile

Xbox360 Live ID - Sacred Apollyon

"Enemies you threaten make armies. Enemies you destroy make graves."

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
plastic bags from haddows make cool noises and pretty flames drip off them when you set them alight...

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile