• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Help! > In desperate need of double glow staff!!!

Login/Join to Participate

Stained_Whisper
GOLD Member since Dec 2006

Stained_Whisper

Lighting up the darkness, one performance at a time

Total posts: 161
Posted:i am in desperate need of some double glow staff i found some on firetoys.com, but im in SA and thats all the way on the other side of the world, and the shipping would cost me almost as much as the staff itself...

Anybody have any other suggestions of where i could puchase some for myself...

You are the only problem you will ever have
and you are the only solution

Delete Topic

Neon_Shaolin
GOLD Member since Jul 2005

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Total posts: 6120
Posted:If it's for clubbing or a performace and you need them now The easiest thing to do is get 4 glowsticks (preferably all different colours) get some plastic piping from a hardware store which is wide enough to insert the 'hook' part of the glowstick into but not too wide that it falls right through. Cut it down to a length you're comfortable with (for nightclubs I stick to 50cm for lack of space)

I personally also stuff some blu-tack inside each end of the pipe to both hold the hook inside and also adds weight to the ends.

Secure the glowsticks in place with electrical tape wound tightly around the end of the pipe so it holds onto the glowstick.

I would also add a grip for the pipe using either cork grip or heavy-duty gaffer-tape.

Hope that helps if you can't wait for delivery.

Good luck...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

blu_valley
SILVER Member since Apr 2005

blu_valley

fluffy mess

Total posts: 197
Posted:The glow-stick option is probably your best option, SA is not really too good with that sort of stuff. Unless you know someone who is travelling to/from another country and get them to carry it for you. Every time I go back to SA I stock up on UK toys to take over for people because you just dont get it there... sorry I can't be more help.

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Delete

Stained_Whisper
GOLD Member since Dec 2006

Stained_Whisper

Lighting up the darkness, one performance at a time

Total posts: 161
Posted:crap.... dammit. hmmmmm. any suggestions of where i could buy some for a relatively low*er price so that could bring my shipping cost down, i only found some on firetoys.com, he other places are rediculous in pricing terms, any suggestions of where i could go look?

Thanks Neon.
Ill give that a try... if that works the way i hope it will ill send you a complimentry fruit basket... with biltong and beer, and some sunshine. lol

You are the only problem you will ever have
and you are the only solution

Delete

blu_valley
SILVER Member since Apr 2005

blu_valley

fluffy mess

Total posts: 197
Posted:Hmmm...I'll do some digging around for you. I know a lovelly SA lady who might know more than me, I'll give her a call and let you know if she knows of anywhere...otherwise,firetoys is pretty good for stuff.

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
GOLD Member since Jul 2005

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Total posts: 6120
Posted:Oh they work well enough

Here's some examples of them in action

God I look sweaty

Ignore the Drooling Idiot

Just send the sunshine, the fruit won't travel too well and I don't drink alcohol tongue

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

facelesshadow
GOLD Member since Sep 2004

facelesshadow

Wit is not your strong point!

Total posts: 142
Posted:Sorry I have been eyeing a glow staff from firetoys.com for a long time. I have not found anything else online in terms of glow staffs, and I have been looking for a long time.

Beyond the Continuum.

Delete

facelesshadow

facelesshadow

Posted:Though I must say...HOP doesn't charge such a steep price for shipping....why the heck should firetoys.com?

I think it is a bunch of BS when companies do that to people. If one company half way round the world can ship for a fairly decent price why can't all companies?

Sorry for the random ranting but I think it belongs here more than anywhere else!

Beyond the Continuum.

Delete

DarkFyre
BRONZE Member since Nov 2005

DarkFyre

HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs

Total posts: 1965
Posted:you may also want to check out lightupandjuggle.com but i have no idea about ther freight charges.

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

Delete

facelesshadow

facelesshadow

Posted: Written by: dizzypheonix

you may also want to check out lightupandjuggle.com but i have no idea about ther freight charges.

Hey,

For me lightupandjuggle.com will work great! Shipping is free unless I want it fast ubbrollsmile. But that is because I live in the US. Thanks for the heads up dizzy hug, that is a great site! They have decent prices as well! biggrin

Beyond the Continuum.

Delete