Page:
blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Anyone going to Bestival this year? 7-9 September.

It's one of the last festivals of the summer.

It's been described as:

"An adult's playground of pure escapism, it resembles a smaller, more futuristic hybrid of Glastonbury and The Big Chill. The music program is hugely diverse and hand-picked by Radio 1 DJ and Bestival curator Rob Da Bank..."

I know it's a long way off but they have just confirmed the chemical brothers and the beastie boys and tickets are apparently going fast. I got mine today. biggrin ubblove

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

E_V_I_LMosh-mosh-mosh-mosh.
346 posts

Posted:
Oooooo ... temptimafied ....

Loving Chem Bros ... loved 'em more as Dust Bros though ... Hmmm ... wibble. Seeing as I've missed todays pre-reg deadline for Glasto (So wanted to go for the first time this year too!) I may have to make an effort for this ....

Website ? How much etc ? Would search, but at work and the filters are funny ...

Xbox360 Live ID - Sacred Apollyon

"Enemies you threaten make armies. Enemies you destroy make graves."

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
https://www.bestival.net/

biggrin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

WintermuteLost in the world but loving it :)
119 posts

Posted:
Yeah defo going, went last year and it was sublime, sadly they are really anti-fire.

As in i got MAJORLY screwed at for attempting to spin, and they didn't have any specially set aside areas, still good tho, and you can just go and wander around off site if you wanna spin smile
EDITED_BY: Wintermute (1173183088)

If fishes were wishes we'd all cast nets

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
...and ofcoarse spinning non-fire toys is cool anytime, works ok for me, by the time the sun sets I hopefully won't be in any condition to play with fire anyway biggrin

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
from what i remember of play, i think that was a statement that applied all round the clock wink

Step (el-nombrie)

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
...some fire got played with though wink

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
id like to play with your fire

*sorry that was a terrible pun, sorry, ill leave now....sorry"

Step (el-nombrie)

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
umm ubblol

that was terrible...

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
would it help if i did a hand gesture?

Step (el-nombrie)

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
rolleyes How about I do the hand gesturing and you take your offtopic banter off to chat picture boy tongue

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
ouch....

your mean im telling my mummie on you wink

(and when is hop ever on topic for more than a page? wink )

Step (el-nombrie)

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
your mum already knows all about me so I wouldn't bother wink

I'm sure it's happened before biggrin

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
is that a YA'momma joke?

Step (el-nombrie)

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Do you want it to be?

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
no, i wnat it to be full blown fantastic sex, but i dont think we can do that on a family board wink

Step (el-nombrie)

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I don't think you can do that anyway,board or in the flesh, not even with your mother's help tongue ubblol

...and back on topic, Bestival... Yay!! biggrin

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Wow - sorry I thought I was on the wrong net site then!!! Maybe you can set up your own thread where you abuse each other (and your Mummaa's) with some kind of Sexual tint (and please do let me have the http!!
Anyway Bestival......yeah......forgot what I was going to type - got sidetracked!!

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Yeah, its rubbish when that happens...

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
*bump* Just wondered if anyone else had managed to get tickets before they got sold out?

ubbrollsmile

Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
I am planning to go. Missed the sale out but i know some one with some spare tickets so *fingers crossed* Anyone got their costume ready biggrin

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I dithered too long about Bestival, now 3 of us don't have tickets. frown
So! If anyone has any spare and doesn't want to make an abscene profit via ebay then let me know! smile

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I think simon has spoken to someone about us working at bestival... I'll have to ask, it is right on my door step well... ove the water but still blooming close.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Just_Another_Clownold hand
965 posts

Posted:
YAY!!!! Mynci!! biggrin biggrin biggrin

Q:"How many Jugglers Does it take to change a light bulb?"
A:"One, but another 99 others saying,'I could do that if I only practised more'" biggrin biggrin

Gate Keeper to Shocked_Prawn. None may pass.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
There are a fair few of us going, doing a group theme and playing a related game throughout the saturday , it's going to be so good biggrin

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Does anyone still need a ticket? I have one extra one as a friend has decided to head back to africa instead. Cost Price plus postage. If anyone wants it PM me. Thanks. smile

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Massive bumpedy bump.

2009!

So, anyone going? Massive Attick is on this year. Tickets for sale on www.bestival.net/forum

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I am! Again! grin

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Wasn't it great?!

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I LOVED it! I think it is oficially my favourit festival! grin

Page: