Forums > Other Toys > Hoop question - floppy hoops?

Login/Join to Participate

tatjnaSILVER Member
4 posts

Posted:
Hi people.

Firstly, this is my first post here - searched the topics and couldn't find anything that answered my question. But I figure there are enough hoopers in here that someone will know.

I have a homemade hoop, 3/4 alkathene + pipe fittings, that I made a while ago. It was fine to start with, but now I'm getting a bit better, I'm finding it's going out of shape on some of the faster moves and it really doesn't help. Anyone know of something I can use to make a stiffer one?

Failing that, who in NZ sells them? May seem like a silly question but I've had no joy at all googling or looking round shops.

Thanks for any help.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Blueline polypipe is the thing in Australia so imagine you can get it there as well. Go to an irrigaiton shop and take a look at the high density pipe and fittings.

Skully on here sells hoops, postage might be insane to NZ though

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

tatjnaSILVER Member
4 posts

Posted:
Thanks! ;-)

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
hey there - where in NZ are you?

I have some more solid ones that you could try out - might be able to help you find something similar here, but as I have only just moved to NZ I don't know what is around, I am sure they will have more or less the same makings here somewhere - have you tried irrigation supplies?

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Eve is a hoopy goddess... ubblove ubblove

Is it the Truth?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
*Sends big squishy hoopy hugs all the way to Perth*

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Eve Hana can now get it from knees to neck. You will be missed dear at Spunout next weekend. Acro will not be the same let alone hooping.

Is it the Truth?

tatjnaSILVER Member
4 posts

Posted:
Hi Eve. Thanks for your reply. I'm based in Wellington but travel quite a lot through the North Island.

I've yet to find anything that works better for me than alkathene, although I'm now looking at finding some clear material to insert LEDs into, and also into making my own fire hoop. Any suggestions greatly appreciated..

(i also think inch alkathene would be stiffer than 3/4 inch, but townie shops don't sell it so I'll have to wait till I'm passing an ag supply shop somewhere)