• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Videos > My second time ever swinging.

Login/Join to Participate

Total posts: 4
Posted:This is a video of my second time ever swinging poi. Is it impressive...not really, but I plan to make more as I progress. it's the crawl before I walk point. I have a background in Filipino Martial Arts, so the motions are not foreign.

Video Here.

P.S. If the video is still processing, check back in a little while.

EDITED_BY: BrooklynSpinner (1171602255)

Total posts: 23
Posted:keep it up and your well on your way to being a flaming poi maestro

spirituality can be seen as just intiution.....

Lambretta Fanatic

Total posts: 4991
Posted:kewl vid dude... keep on keeping on wink

"To be an angel, one need not have wings.
In giving love there is an equal grace.
Nor need one seek the aura in the face,
As love unveils the beauty of all things."

*Francois Couperin.

Total posts: 276
Posted:You got the basics down alright, good work!

Keep working on turning, and transitions, and in short you'll be doing your first fire spin... I'm sure. Also, if you haven't already, find friends who also spin poi. ubbrollsmile

Cheers, keep us updated on any new videos wink

faith enfire
faith enfire

wandering thru the woods of WI
Total posts: 3556
Posted:nice job with the basics...
whose play room were you in bounce

Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
Total posts: 3286
Posted:More than I could do on my second time spinning Poi smile Keep up the good work mate!

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Total posts: 4
Posted:The play room was in my girlfriend's childhood home. We had just come back from a ren faire where I bought the poi in the video. I like the feel of the motions, very similar to the stick fighting techniques I already know. I'm working on being a little more mobile with it, and transitioning to various moves. It's a lot of fun, and a nice challenge.