PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Each hour follows two kids sent to juvenile hall for whatever reasons prior to their initial hearings.

It's on from 10-11pm, which I disagree with because I think that it is more suitable for the after school kids than for late night watchers.

I wonder what kind of an impact this show will have on young kids.

Noah watches it when they rerun it at an early time, and makes comments about the choices of the kids make.

And sometimes when I watch it with him I wonder what I would do if I was in the position of the parents. They are given the option of taking the kids home with them, and whether they feel they can help control them at home.

I think it is powerful.
I think it is good.
But I don't know if the show will have any effect on kids, who seem so desensitized to start out with.

Do you think that kids are too desensitized for this type of programming?

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
not if they watch it with a person who can get them to pay attention and ask questions
they may need someone to draw them in to the show, and make juvie not cool...some kids think it gives the street credit, stupid kids who turn into stupid adults if not careful...
so i guess the answer is sorta the kids are two desensitized

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I've noticed that MTV started showing it at about 5 or so, which is good. They should. The target audience is usually in bed by 10 I should think.

I have to say, I am amazed at some of these kids. 14 years old and in on theft, marijuana, assault and battery, etc...eek

When I was 14 I'm pretty sure those things didn't even cross my mind.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
lucky you
it's a problem and was a problem when i was young

not me, i didn't try any fun stuff till i was 20, i'm a slow learner

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed