DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
PLAY Festival has been kindly invited to the BJC 2007 to provide some entertainments and workshops at the UK's biggest convention of the year.

If you're planning to attend this years convention would you like to host a workshop on behalf of PLAY? As normal we're willing to run workshops in any art of manipulation what so ever, so if you have something you think you can contribute please get in touch at either

bjc@playfestival.co.uk

or by calling me on 07814 018091 (if no answer please leave voice mail) or Rossco on 07783 123800

We don't have much money for this but we should be able to compensate you for your time, which means we're relying on the generosity of folks already attending to make this work. So if you can, please contribute and help us out smile

No doubt the BJC will have a plethora of juggling/unicycling/CJ type workshops so is there something a little more unique you think you can teach?

If so, what info do we need from you?

1) Workshop theme - What is it you can teach?

2) Basic out line plan of the workshop. This doesn't have to be full of detail, just a rough guide to what will happen

3) Level of proficiency (novice, intermediate, advanced)

4) Expected workshop time (30 mins, 10 mins, an hour etc) alhtough it can be as long as you feel necessary

5) Equipment required and whether you can provide it or need help to get it

Current ideas for workshops include fire safety, performance building, origami, all levels of poi and staff. Can you do any of those? Do you have ideas for something different? Get in touch and hopefully we'll see you at BJC! smile

hug kiss

Let's relight this forum ubblove

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
I'm always up for teaching knitting again!! ubblol

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
i can run some stick workshops, whatever level you want im happy to teach, i really enjoyed doing the ones at play last year.

"Don't do it naked!"

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I can teach a talking b*llocks workshop. In various voices.... There is a skill to that...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
no there isn't dave I came from the womb doing that ;;) ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
It's teaching how to stop talking b*llocks that would make someone a lot of money wink

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Never gonna happen... wink

offtopic

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
off topic........ how unlike you dave ubbloco

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
It's called 'Atonement'...

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
If I'm definately going, I'll be doing workshops on behalf of MoM.

Which means I can't get thoroughly wasted, Just wasted.

Sorry dude.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.