Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2007 25th - 29th July 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone and welcome to PLAY FESTIVAL 2007!!

Please forgive me for the lack of info, I have no computer to use and it'll be a few weeks more until I'm able to update it more often. I'll come back and put more up as and when I can.

Hopefully most of this info you'll have gotten from our newsletter, if not sign up to it on the website now! www.playfestival.co.uk

We had a wonderful 5 days last year and can only say that 2007 will be even better!

Thanks to everyone who came last year and who gave us feedback on what they thought of the festival, we've taken all comments on board and hope we can make the festival one that you'll enjoy even more than the last.

The dates for this years festival will be Wednesday 25th - Sunday 29th July and we will be at the same venue, Fordhall Farm in Market Drayton, Shropshire. The tickets will be £35 in advance and £40 on the door, that will include most workshops, 4 nights camping, the shows and other entertainments during the festival

We have lots planned for this years festival, more areas to play in with the emphasis on getting everyone involved, we will have a proper go at the world record after last years attempt didn't go so well (although it does look awesome on video!!!) and of course the usual abundance of workshops to keep you all busy in the day.

We'll have two stages this year, the main stage/tent and and nice little caberet tent, a solar powered cinema, a PROPER bar & food tent and a few more folks selling the stuff you want to buy (even if you don't realise it yet! heheh)

New for this year will be the PLAY HOP Amateur Performance of the year. It's a little competition we've come up with that can be entered by anyone for any type of performance. No more than 4 minutes long with a cash prize for the winner and the chance to feature on the next PLAY DVD. As you might guess from the title the event is sponsored by HomeofPoi.com (who have proudly given us the prizes for our games over the last two years). More details will follow soon...

The DVD of last years festival will be out at some point, probably exactly at the time we plan it to come out wink Focusing more on spreading knowledge to learn the arts than the last DVD and we're sure it'll knock your socks off!

If you want to contact us about anything please email us at one of the following addresses:

info@playfestival.co.uk

comments@playfestival.co.uk

volunteers@playfestival.co.uk

traders@playfestival.co.uk

If anyone wants specific footage from last years festival please wait until after the DVD is out, Strugz & co are busy enough editing the full thing to start making cuts for people! Thanks smile

As my internet access is sporadic at best till my pc is up and running, I might not be able to reply to email straight away, if you want to talk to me about anything call me on 07814 018091 and if you don't get an answer LEAVE A VOICEMAIL!

Keep checking the website for the latest information and we'll send out newsletters as often as we can.

hugs & smiles

Dunc hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
hay you couldn't miss me at play, i had big purple woolly extension dreads in biggrin i tihnk there are some photos in my gallery if that jogs your memory!

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
*adds mental note for southern lights next year for sticky labels on the door with a fat marker pen, so names can be glued to peoples foreheads* biggrin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

E_V_I_LMosh-mosh-mosh-mosh.
346 posts

Posted:
I reckon name badges would be an ace idea - Real name, and HoP/PLAY forum name or summat. That'd be a bit easier to start chatting to people at least "Oh, so YOU'RE X!" instead of "Excuse me, are you X?" and being told "Erm ... no" and feeling like you've offended them and been a numpty!

Xbox360 Live ID - Sacred Apollyon

"Enemies you threaten make armies. Enemies you destroy make graves."

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
i took my original falmouth badge with me (thanks skully hug ) then forgot to put it on or my Mynci: Staff trainee badge ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I had my badge that Pidgeon_widgeon made for me at Play 1, but I leave it attached to my staff bag at all times and I don't think I took the actual bag out of my tent even once ubblol

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

346 posts

Posted:
DAMNIT!

Next year I'm having a T-shirt (Or a couple) made with my name and stuff on. No excuses then!

*lol*

Or maybe I'll scribble on my forehead....

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Banner hats are the way forward, where people were wearing umbrella hats this year, next year they could have HoP names on ubblol

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
just do what mike did and come with a t shirt saying mikefromglos, i'll do it next year tongue

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
 Written by: shocked_prawn

Written by: rin_666

And then she gave her nipple tassles to me wink

i loves you rinny, thanks for the singing birthday text!

you're welcome...tina and diana send their wishes as well tongue

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Poiboy

just do what mike did and come with a t shirt saying mikefromglos, i'll do it next year tongue

Won't that get a bit confusing, with both you and mike wearing shirts with his name on?

tongue

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:

Written by: shocked_prawn

And then she gave her nipple tassles to me wink

i loves you rinny, thanks for the singing birthday text!

you're welcome...tina and diana send their wishes as well tongue

biggrin ubbrollsmile

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
ha! i feel proud biggrin i suggested something useful. though poiboy is right mike had the right idea smile

if i could be a busy busy bee...

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TheBovrilMonkey

Written by: Poiboy

Won't that get a bit confusing, with both you and mike wearing shirts with his name on?

tongue

well duh, the whole idea of me also wearing a mikefromglos t shirt is to confuse everyone! tongue

346 posts

Posted:
Maybe if we all wore them ... we'd only need to but one ticket ? ......

And it'd be very confusing ... and probably some kind of record to have so many Mikes from one place all together like that ...

I need to drink less coffee and get more sleep me thinks.

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
yeah, i'm gonna definatly do that next year, then i wont have as much trouble getting people to remember me! lol although you just gotta make sure that you're not wearing a jacket... or sitting infront of the person that you want to see.... right mike?? wink

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
wow! that's a lot of posts! note to self - next time i go on holiday... don't bother to read all the new posts when you come back!

question: i know the layout had to be changed last min, but was it supposed to be set out more ressembling last year? i didn't see the site maps, which apparantly were useless anyway what with the change around. just couldn't decide which layout i preferred... last year there seemed to be more space to play in the middle of the field with the tents along on the roadside edge of the field, or maybe there were just more people this year with more tents...

oh and ULG - break something of someones, and/or give out baked goods - that'll get you remembered biggrin depends whether you want to be famous or infamous, the choice is yours! i'll make sure i find you and say hello next time smile

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
i did have my hop name printed on a t-shirt that i wore on the thursday, but i found the 'guess what' t-shirt more amusing, so kept it on for the other 2 days! lol

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

916 posts

Posted:
TLP: thats a really good idea, i made amazing cookies, next year i'll bring loads and give some to the people i meet, then i can be all " yeah, i'm the one that gave you cookies biggrin" lol

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
Idea: Get some iron on transfer paper, print out your HoP avatar, HoP name, and real name - or whatever - and iron it on to a tshirt - or whatever - and where it at Play.

If I'd have thought of it earlier I'd have done it this year!

Iron on tranfers: £5.99 for a 5 pack from Staples

Old favourite Tshirt: Free

Cost of printing - assuming you have a printer: £0.06

Actually getting to meet all the people you see all the time on HoP: you guessed it - priceless.
EDITED_BY: Mojojo (1186857742)

Only three things are certain: Death, Taxes, and that England will not win back the Ashes in this lifetime.

916 posts

Posted:
haha i wasn't expecting that! but yeah, thats a really good idea, plus you can make a really cool shirt that way biggrin

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
do they do moving transfers ubblol

to be fair I spent a few days wearing my mokey magic T-shirt with the face from my avatar.. but a lot of people knew me anyway shrug I forgot to meet new people this year other than Seb and a couple of others biggrin

916 posts

Posted:
yeah.... practically everyone i met was new this year, except Non.... haha

272 posts

Posted:
leggy girl i like the cookies thing biggrin i suggest you do it biggrin cos i love cookies.

mojojo - i am so finding those transfers...but wonders if crayons are more fun *lizzy loves crayons*

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
or just a badge making workshop where u can make badges with your hop name on it

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
name badges are a cool idea, cept half of the people at play haven't herd of hop....well until they arrive anyway!

The whole showers thing....we just can't have all that grey water soakinginto the site, they're also very expensive (it'd add another £3-4 per ticket easy) but that might not be a problem next year depending on where our location will be....although the dates will be the same. We're gonna keep that weekend for ever more now smile

I'd love to make play a week long event but we already max out our 96 hour licence (4 days) which we actually spread from afternoon-afternoon so it's 5 days in total. We're looking into the other licences but generally unless the site has it's own permenant licence it's very difficult to get any licensed activity (ie music, food, booze, late night refreshment) to run over 4 days long frown Any they won't let you have two licenses to run concurrently, you have to have a gap of 24 hours minimum between events so we'd have to shut for a day and start over. Boo

By the way if anyone is emailing us we won't get it, our email is broked and aparently has been for quite some time.....no wonder it's been quiet frown

Let's relight this forum ubblove

916 posts

Posted:
Lizzy: woop! okies, cookies for next year then, although i feel sorry for everyone i meet on day 3.. there'll be none left for them frown ah well, too bad biggrin crayons would look really cool, maybe we should do that instead??

dunc: so right, the first thing everyone i met was asking me was : are you on HoP??? well are you? ARE YOU?! lol its a good way to get more people to sign up though...

are we talking last weekend in july then?? coz that makes it sooooo much easier.

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
last weekend in july is a wicked weekend to have it perminantly biggrin expecially for the kids that go cause they'll have just finished school for the year and the first thing they have to look forward to in the summer hols is PLAY!! bounce and it's good knowing when it'll be in terms of booking holidays and making sure Play is a priority - which it definately is wink

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

916 posts

Posted:
yeah, thats what i was thinking, if its on the same weekend every year then people will know when to book time off well in advance

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
lol man i have internet again lol i am glad everyone thinks my t-shirt idea was good makes a change i did somthing cleaver how is people i havnt seen since play... note to self need to get to play 08...

Dunc: Do we get anything specail if we keep are play wristbands on till next year lol...

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

272 posts

Posted:
oh i hope not! i had to take my play band off for my much needed sports massage....she had to deal with my left wrist and right shoulder :P naughty lizzy didnt stretch enough before playing with her poi ubblol

Page: ......