Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2007 25th - 29th July 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone and welcome to PLAY FESTIVAL 2007!!

Please forgive me for the lack of info, I have no computer to use and it'll be a few weeks more until I'm able to update it more often. I'll come back and put more up as and when I can.

Hopefully most of this info you'll have gotten from our newsletter, if not sign up to it on the website now! www.playfestival.co.uk

We had a wonderful 5 days last year and can only say that 2007 will be even better!

Thanks to everyone who came last year and who gave us feedback on what they thought of the festival, we've taken all comments on board and hope we can make the festival one that you'll enjoy even more than the last.

The dates for this years festival will be Wednesday 25th - Sunday 29th July and we will be at the same venue, Fordhall Farm in Market Drayton, Shropshire. The tickets will be £35 in advance and £40 on the door, that will include most workshops, 4 nights camping, the shows and other entertainments during the festival

We have lots planned for this years festival, more areas to play in with the emphasis on getting everyone involved, we will have a proper go at the world record after last years attempt didn't go so well (although it does look awesome on video!!!) and of course the usual abundance of workshops to keep you all busy in the day.

We'll have two stages this year, the main stage/tent and and nice little caberet tent, a solar powered cinema, a PROPER bar & food tent and a few more folks selling the stuff you want to buy (even if you don't realise it yet! heheh)

New for this year will be the PLAY HOP Amateur Performance of the year. It's a little competition we've come up with that can be entered by anyone for any type of performance. No more than 4 minutes long with a cash prize for the winner and the chance to feature on the next PLAY DVD. As you might guess from the title the event is sponsored by HomeofPoi.com (who have proudly given us the prizes for our games over the last two years). More details will follow soon...

The DVD of last years festival will be out at some point, probably exactly at the time we plan it to come out wink Focusing more on spreading knowledge to learn the arts than the last DVD and we're sure it'll knock your socks off!

If you want to contact us about anything please email us at one of the following addresses:

info@playfestival.co.uk

comments@playfestival.co.uk

volunteers@playfestival.co.uk

traders@playfestival.co.uk

If anyone wants specific footage from last years festival please wait until after the DVD is out, Strugz & co are busy enough editing the full thing to start making cuts for people! Thanks smile

As my internet access is sporadic at best till my pc is up and running, I might not be able to reply to email straight away, if you want to talk to me about anything call me on 07814 018091 and if you don't get an answer LEAVE A VOICEMAIL!

Keep checking the website for the latest information and we'll send out newsletters as often as we can.

hugs & smiles

Dunc hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mech

i belive you mean the Punk rage, they are really nice

nigel, you might want to think about this as a chance to move up to a more powerful kite, like teh rage, still a pulling (engine) kite, not a lifting (jumping) kite like the blade IV, but it is more pull, and more fun especially if you wnatto get into bugging....and thats always fun smile

It is the punk range I'm thinking of.. Blade's not an option, it seems, since the punks aren't showing up there (I guess the "limited stock" ran out...), though those would be nice (I'm more interested in getting off the ground than things with wheels right now..), so it'll probably be some stackers...

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:

Written by: Twerpy

You met me face to face mech. You shouted at me for being sh!t at pegging.

nope, dont remember you either....

wow! did you spend the entire time drunk?! lol coz i met you then aswell.... (it was the chicken eating time)

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
mmmm i have never seen mech drunk...cant imagine it. does he get nicer...or??! *hopes he is a sweet drunk - that would be something worth seeing*

if i could be a busy busy bee...

916 posts

Posted:
i don't think mech NEEDS to get drunk! lol from what i've seen he has a good enough time without alcohol! (unless when i saw you you WERE drunk?? ) confused

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UnclassifiedLeggyGirl

You met me face to face mech. You shouted at me for being sh!t at pegging.

nope, dont remember you either....

wow! did you spend the entire time drunk?! lol coz i met you then aswell.... (it was the chicken eating time)

no was pretty much sober all the time, which means i hjust dont remeber you, i have alot of stuff in my barin)

so in short, who the [censored] are you?

Step (el-nombrie)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Lizzybeth

mmmm i have never seen mech drunk...cant imagine it. does he get nicer...or??! *hopes he is a sweet drunk - that would be something worth seeing*

you are so getting punished the next time i see you! wink

Step (el-nombrie)

916 posts

Posted:
haha my pic is in my gallery... and as to who i am... how exactly should i reply to that?? i am stacy... is that good enough?? lol

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:

haha my pic is in my gallery... and as to who i am... how exactly should i reply to that?? i am stacy... is that good enough?? lol

yeah looked in your gallery, still who the [censored] are you, i have no memory of you at all :S

Step (el-nombrie)

916 posts

Posted:
haha like i said, what exactly do you want to know?? i am stacy, i was in the hugging workshop, and the how to moonwalk workshop (twice lol) umm..... i did the nipple tassels thing....

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
i went to all of those workshops and i don't recognize you. smile
but i tihnk im easily distracted by shiny things and Collins unicycle ubbrollsmile

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

916 posts

Posted:
*sigh* i think about 2 people will say that they know me from PLAY 07! lol did you actually stand up with the guys for the nipple tassels thing or not?

272 posts

Posted:
wait wait....i was in both moonwalking classes - i was helping *causeing trouble* in the second one....where are these pics?

and mech you will have to catch me first...*goes into hiding*

916 posts

Posted:
jeez! how is this possible that no one remembers me?!

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:

*sigh* i think about 2 people will say that they know me from PLAY 07! lol did you actually stand up with the guys for the nipple tassels thing or not?

I think I know who you are! After the moonwalking workshop it was you, Twerpy, Lizzybeth (I think) and me standing watching the folks on the trapeze...

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

916 posts

Posted:
YAY!!!!! someone remembers me!!! yes, it was me!! if anyone knows who twerpy is then chances are if you saw him after 6pm then you have met me aswell

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Yeah - I think i know you as well, though I don't think the pic in your gallery looks much like you... unless i've got the wrong person...
Hmmm smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

272 posts

Posted:
yeah i know who twerpy is! a guy with long blonde hair, hung around with andy and me quite a lot and broke my amazing orange poi! *i dont blame you btw biggrin i always knew that swivel was suspicious looking* but i dont remember his real name cos im bad like that :P

AAAAAAND i am a visual creature! do you have a photo? then im sure i will recognize you! i just spoke to sooooooo many people at play, its hard to keep track...

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:

I didn't go to any of those workshops, but I remember you, I know I smiled at you on occasions and you brightened my day by smiling back...

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

272 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Durbs

Yeah - I think i know you as well, though I don't think the pic in your gallery looks much like you... unless i've got the wrong person...
Hmmm smile

ha! i looked and yes i do know you, and i also agree that photo doesnt look much like you

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
ULG I know who you are. You sat talking to my Niece loads and were outside the uber tent with mike. I have to say the photo in the gallery doesn't look much like I remember you either, so I'm not surprised it's not jogging any memories ubblol You had on huge sunglasses to it I remember rightly.... white ones? and you wore stripes... I think... but then my memory is rubbish. I'm old ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

old hand
865 posts

Posted:

lol did you actually stand up with the guys for the nipple tassels thing or not?

yea i did that was incredibly funny ubbrollsmile

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:

Yeah I remember you! smile I think you are one and the same Stacy as I met anyway. If you are, we went to the diablo workshop and then generally hung out on the Saturday... Right?

Edit: Ohh and I've just realised that I met Twerpy at the same time smile I really should have asked HoP names as well as real ones... woulda saved a lot of brain power now!
EDITED_BY: K__ (1186592088)

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
 Written by: shocked_prawn

lol did you actually stand up with the guys for the nipple tassels thing or not?

yea i did that was incredibly funny ubbrollsmile

And then she gave her nipple tassles to me wink

TwerpyBRONZE Member
20 posts

Posted:
Yay! People seem to remember me smile I was the one juggling 7 balls (badly) for those who don't. Won the money juggling...

ULG, you need a better photo of you in your gallery me think. It really doesn't look much like you :-p

I remember you shocked prawn! You were the one with the amazing purple hair weren't you?

K, you gave me suncream I seem to remember and did a history degree?

272 posts

Posted:
yes i remember you *destroyer of poi wink* heehee. but who is shocked prawn?? and wow whats happeneing with the avtars...they were there...and now they are gone...

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
How was EJC Pink?
I believe someone has my tent that I lent to Meenik - Nick. Hope its OK to keep it till BJC and bring? Or leave it round Bryn+Bella place (if dat OK with them!)
Well I dont remember anyone (apart from the people I know!!) I find it easier that way
Dave thanks for the compliment
Peas out

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
already mentioned this on the website, but did anyone encounter two well used monkeyfists with ballchain and leather handles + a white dipping tin labeled biscuits with a metal lid?

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

916 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Durbs

Hmmm smile

*sigh* yes i know you durbs! no, you havent got the wrong person, by the time i saw you i'd lost quite a bit of weight, dyed my hair again, and i didn't have any makeup on.

Written by: PinkNigel

I didn't go to any of those workshops, but I remember you, I know I smiled at you on occasions and you brightened my day by smiling back...

woot! i brightened your day! lol i like people smiling at me ^_^ seems like mroe people are starting to remember me now... this is good!

Written by: LizzyBeth

ha! i looked and yes i do know you, and i also agree that photo doesnt look much like you

finally! i knew you knew me! lol oh, and twerpys real name is Anthony ^_^

Written by: Skully

ULG I know who you are. You sat talking to my Niece loads and were outside the uber tent with mike. I have to say the photo in the gallery doesn't look much like I remember you either, so I'm not surprised it's not jogging any memories You had on huge sunglasses to it I remember rightly.... white ones? and you wore stripes... I think... but then my memory is rubbish. I'm old

woot! yeah, twas me, although i only wore the sunglasses for a bit, but i was wearing stripes, you got a good eye! lol

Written by: shocked_prawn

yea i did that was incredibly funny

in which case i'm guessing you was the first girl that stood up?? i was the second... and is TWERPY gets these damn pics then you'll know exactly who i am.....

Written by: K__

Yeah I remember you! I think you are one and the same Stacy as I met anyway. If you are, we went to the diablo workshop and then generally hung out on the Saturday... Right?

Edit: Ohh and I've just realised that I met Twerpy at the same time I really should have asked HoP names as well as real ones... woulda saved a lot of brain power now!

yes, that was me aswell! you mean the "beginners diabolo workshop" that ended up not so beginner?? haha and then we went outside the tent, where you bumped into twerpy and met him biggrin

Written by: twerpy

Yay! People seem to remember me I was the one juggling 7 balls (badly) for those who don't. Won the money juggling...

ULG, you need a better photo of you in your gallery me think. It really doesn't look much like you :-p

generally you weren't juggling 7 that badly, although yeah, you did seem to get know as "the guy that juggles 7 balls" around the site lol and i don't have any other pics of me to put up! there is possibly one pic of me on your camera that is in daylight, although i may have deleted it...

and finally, do any of you realise how long it took me to type this reply?! i was online online yesterday evening!!! lol

old hand
865 posts

Posted:
 Written by: rin_666

And then she gave her nipple tassles to me wink

i loves you rinny, thanks for the singing birthday text!

I remember you shocked prawn! You were the one with the amazing purple hair weren't you?

yes! thats me though i had it all cut off when i went to Brighton last weekend

Written by: Lizzybeth

but who is shocked prawn??

thats me! aka pidge, i dont know if i met you lizzybeth but hello all the same smile

ubbrollsmile

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

272 posts

Posted:
mmmm the other pigeon...i think i might have met you...but i dont remember faces to go with names biggrin oh well. next year im going to bring sticky labels and label people as i meet them biggrin

Page: ......