Forums > Social Chat > Drunkeness Fun or Not?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
CarcassBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
I find i have more fun when im drunk some people disagree, whats your view {and tell us all those hilarious stories}

Xopher (aka Mr. Clean)enthusiast
456 posts

Posted:
I vote not.

I like doing things that require that my dexterity and mental acuity both be at maximum: Dancing, singing, lively intelligent discussion, making love - and now poi. Alcohol impairs all of these, so I don't enjoy it. It's like being sick. At its worst, like being sick in bed with a high fever and the room spinning.

I've only spent a couple of hours, total, in my life "worshipping the god Ralph at the porcelain altar." It was enough.

It's been years and years since I had a drink. I'm not an alcoholic, alcohol is something I can take or leave. Just decided I'm better off leaving it. (Right now the meds I'm on are "coma and death" with alcohol, but I'd pretty well stopped before them.)

And if I didn't take a drink after 9/11, I'm pretty convinced that I'll never experience anything bad enough to make me do it. Call me an optimist!

"If you didn't like something the first time, the cud won't be any good either." --Elsie the Cow, Ruminations

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
I get depressed when I drink, so I just don't do it.

hug hug wave wave

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
The older I get the fewer and far between my fun drinking sessions get.

doesnt bother me much tho alcohol is a poison, and I can feel the damage it does if I have more than a few drinks in a night.

Sometimes its fun, but I mostly like to juggle / twirl / dance when I'm having fun, so the situations are usually mutually exclusive.

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I'm not a big fan of alcohol, although I do drink occasionally. I'm at my best when I'm on the dancefloor, shaking it to some proggy, wearing my pink cowboy hat with a bottle of Jose Cuervo in hand smile Yee-har!

Bless 8am Sunday mornings at a doof! (photos coming soon)

Preservative 220, which is in many pre-mixed bevvies and wines causes a horrible sinusitis-type allergic reaction in me. There's not much worse than acute sinisitus. So I try to steer clear of it.

https://www.mp3s.pl/dzienpo/

The above links to photos taken of people whilst passed out from alcohol abuse. Some of it is graphic. Some of it is disturbing, but most of it had me howling with laughter.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

456 posts

Posted:
Please forgive this humble Seppo, but could you define 'proggy'?

And acute sinusitis is quite bad enough. I've experienced it. However, it pales by comparison with a severe migraine. I once left work in an ambulance because of a migraine. The pain is only half of it; the blindness, aphasia, confusion, and vomiting make the pain seem almost trivial, even though it's a lot like having white-hot nails driven into your head in dozens and hundreds. (Also the EMT couldn't find a pulse, but I was actually feeling better by then.)

"If you didn't like something the first time, the cud won't be any good either." --Elsie the Cow, Ruminations

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:

It sbad idea because u lose coordination and stability.

POI THEO(R)IST

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Proggy = progressive trance (cept its not the same as what most ppl think is progressive trance, its more minimal psychedelic trance).

this confusion has been a serious issue for me at times... *sigh*

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

SunriseIvetka
211 posts

Posted:
I dont like to be drunk and i dont like those mornings after drinking nights..

I get drunk in very special situations only...

..but i really like beer,especialy here in nederlands cos u can get here lot of belgium beer as well biggrin beerchug /it doesnt mean that i get drunk from it ubbloco/

wave

sunny
grouphug

ieuanBRONZE Member
holy man
110 posts

Posted:
I like a drink or two, helps me loosen up biggrin but ever since 4th of july last year, I have capped the heavy drinking. I got completely wasted in less than 20 minutes. I was talking and not paying attention when I was pouring drinks and drank the pitcher or comos. Then my friends friend who had just gotten back from Ireland broke out the Irish meade. Meade is so the beast stuff on earth. Course I knew I was really trashed when I started mixing vodka, green apple schapps, ammaretto(sp?), gin, irish red wine, meade, and sour mix suicides for everyone eek

Gather your harps from the willow trees, dust off the ancient strings. Call the bards and prophets, let them sing healing and freedom. Let light and love flow from the strings, colors of revelation.

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
mmm..... mead ubblove

my fav drink in the whole wide world..... after cider ubblove biggrin ubblove

Written by: ieuan

Course I knew I was really trashed when I started mixing vodka, green apple schapps, ammaretto(sp?), gin, irish red wine, meade, and sour mix suicides for everyone eek

please let me know what this "irish red wine" is??? confused correct me if i'm wrong, but i've never seen a vineyard in this country.....

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

ieuanBRONZE Member
holy man
110 posts

Posted:
I don't know. The person serving it said that's what it was. At least I think so. It was red and tasted like wine. Course at that point I don't think I was tasting anything. I will try to find out what it was. It was only last year that they went.

I just took a quick look on the web, and this is a little blurb I found. The wine must have been from Cork, cause I know they visited there cause that's where they're from.

https://www.cnn.com/2000/WORLD/europe/08/21/ireland.wines/

EDITED_BY: ieuan (1087481648)

Gather your harps from the willow trees, dust off the ancient strings. Call the bards and prophets, let them sing healing and freedom. Let light and love flow from the strings, colors of revelation.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
ubblol Some of those pics flash fire gave are hilairious, sum are rank tho umm ..... Binge drinking has bcome a serious issue at the school I go to. I try to avoid booze most of the time cos I get cranky, but getting "Tipsy" is fun.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
when the last day of school fro year 11's they were drinking vodka shots at 8am in the morning....v.funny, but i can't imagen what it must have been for tehm in the next morning!

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
Written by: ieuan

I don't know. The person serving it said that's what it was. At least I think so. It was red and tasted like wine. Course at that point I don't think I was tasting anything. I will try to find out what it was. It was only last year that they went.

I just took a quick look on the web, and this is a little blurb I found. The wine must have been from Cork, cause I know they visited there cause that's where they're from.

https://www.cnn.com/2000/WORLD/europe/08/21/ireland.wines/

hmmm..... interesting....

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

456 posts

Posted:
Ieuan, given your state of drunkenness at the time, perhaps your taste and sound memory are both way off? Could they have been talking about Killian's Irish Red? Or is that an American brand (despite its name)?

10,530 posts

Posted:
Drinking till u pass out always seemed really pointless to me. Wots the point? how will u possibly remember what u did yesterday and u end up sleeping with a Llama. eek

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Spontaneously CombustableThe cuter FRD
214 posts

Posted:
good point, i like to get 'happy' i dont tend to get completly off my face before i do anythin,

----There are no opportunities, only problems----

10,530 posts

Posted:
U were really really "happy" at WOMAD tho.... hahahahahahahahahahhaha! u were pushed over the bonnet of a car! ubblol

Spontaneously CombustableThe cuter FRD
214 posts

Posted:
lol

----There are no opportunities, only problems----

10,530 posts

Posted:
Why you should never get really wasted...

FlapjacksSILVER Member
part of the lonely trio
137 posts

Posted:
Drunkness can be good or bad, and I suppose it depends on the type of drunkness?

I think Dutch courage is great though, especially as I'm not always that good around people I hardly know. After a couple of drinks each, breaking the ice is easy whilst not actually being drunk.

beerchug

Puking on the bathroom floor and crying lots however, isn't so great. ubbloco

kirsty xx

smells like burning teenagers..

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
drunkeness is fun when your watching it ubblol
Watching several townies puke and fall off the top of the skate ramp is hilarious ubbloco

10,530 posts

Posted:
"i hate censored pikeys/townies"

Snatch

vaperloc...the mightylook @my member
466 posts

Posted:
mead is awesom but a little hard to find here in Texas.
I get drunk at least once a week ,but usually dont get too trashed....
it all depends on the beer I can afford,yay for maredsous.

There are no obstacles only challenges.
Very funny scotty now beam down my pants.
[colour."green"}What would willie do?

AHH theres too many wee leprechauns i cannae squash them all

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
I'm not a drinker, so I get to watch all the funny things drunk people do. To me, that's more fun.

I once watched 2 of my friends argue for 10 minutes while staring at a blank TV screen. They disagreed as to which star was going to turn into the Enterprise...

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

FlapjacksSILVER Member
part of the lonely trio
137 posts

Posted:
Written by: Prometheus

I once watched 2 of my friends argue for 10 minutes while staring at a blank TV screen. They disagreed as to which star was going to turn into the Enterprise...

ubblol ubblol ubblol

smells like burning teenagers..

Page: