Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2007 25th - 29th July 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone and welcome to PLAY FESTIVAL 2007!!

Please forgive me for the lack of info, I have no computer to use and it'll be a few weeks more until I'm able to update it more often. I'll come back and put more up as and when I can.

Hopefully most of this info you'll have gotten from our newsletter, if not sign up to it on the website now! www.playfestival.co.uk

We had a wonderful 5 days last year and can only say that 2007 will be even better!

Thanks to everyone who came last year and who gave us feedback on what they thought of the festival, we've taken all comments on board and hope we can make the festival one that you'll enjoy even more than the last.

The dates for this years festival will be Wednesday 25th - Sunday 29th July and we will be at the same venue, Fordhall Farm in Market Drayton, Shropshire. The tickets will be £35 in advance and £40 on the door, that will include most workshops, 4 nights camping, the shows and other entertainments during the festival

We have lots planned for this years festival, more areas to play in with the emphasis on getting everyone involved, we will have a proper go at the world record after last years attempt didn't go so well (although it does look awesome on video!!!) and of course the usual abundance of workshops to keep you all busy in the day.

We'll have two stages this year, the main stage/tent and and nice little caberet tent, a solar powered cinema, a PROPER bar & food tent and a few more folks selling the stuff you want to buy (even if you don't realise it yet! heheh)

New for this year will be the PLAY HOP Amateur Performance of the year. It's a little competition we've come up with that can be entered by anyone for any type of performance. No more than 4 minutes long with a cash prize for the winner and the chance to feature on the next PLAY DVD. As you might guess from the title the event is sponsored by HomeofPoi.com (who have proudly given us the prizes for our games over the last two years). More details will follow soon...

The DVD of last years festival will be out at some point, probably exactly at the time we plan it to come out wink Focusing more on spreading knowledge to learn the arts than the last DVD and we're sure it'll knock your socks off!

If you want to contact us about anything please email us at one of the following addresses:

info@playfestival.co.uk

comments@playfestival.co.uk

volunteers@playfestival.co.uk

traders@playfestival.co.uk

If anyone wants specific footage from last years festival please wait until after the DVD is out, Strugz & co are busy enough editing the full thing to start making cuts for people! Thanks smile

As my internet access is sporadic at best till my pc is up and running, I might not be able to reply to email straight away, if you want to talk to me about anything call me on 07814 018091 and if you don't get an answer LEAVE A VOICEMAIL!

Keep checking the website for the latest information and we'll send out newsletters as often as we can.

hugs & smiles

Dunc hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
my tescos tent didn't have any guy-ropes: so I'm considering bringing my smaller union jack one, as i was one of the most exposed tents last time (didn't fly away though, probably cos of all the stuff in it)

of course, I suppose I could try setting up some sort of windbreak on the windward side

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Nope - despite my capatalistic conditioning I am actually offering tents for free out of the goodness of my heart....and to negate the feelings of guilt at being a Hypocrit etc...blah blah
- I actually have a caravan and if that blows away - were ALL in trouble!!
I will pack a couple of nice big tents incase anyone needs.
Peas and cakes

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
well my guy ropes are bright orange so no problems there biggrin just got to navigate around everyone else's now and hope i don't trip and fall on a tent... and collapse it...

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UnderControlOrFailure

The correct way to "Pitch a tent"

ubbrollsmile

And look:- "Blindfold tent pitch - Once participants have mastered how to pitch a tent, get each team or group to pitch a tent with everyone blindfolded except a nominated person who gives the instructions." - It even includes another game for the blindfold game sillython... (Except "team or group"? and "instructions"?? I know it's the scouts and all, but do they _really_ not know how to have fun?)

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ubbangel

I never, ever, promised Coleman I could put up a ForceTen blindfolded, then did it badly without a blindfold.

Honest biggrin

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
Gayle - fantastic lantern links hug

Some kind of sole (HoPper resident specific maybe? support the community and all that) trader license seems a good idea to me, especially if it's for items the full traders don't carry at all.

I'm happy to help pitch tents, should have one of my own sorted before most ppl arrive smile

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
arg, I'm late for juggling, but had to pop back .. I only just realised, I really wasn't thinking about Jon or Hyperlights when I posted that, but other hoppers that hand make toys, but I've lost all rights to claim no-bias as I've been pimping his toys at every opportunity...

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Yakumo, you pitch my tent without even knowing about it... wink

oh dear..
what have I said eek

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Jeees you guys can talk A LOT!! So to summerise

first grouphug

then

gleneroo....please bring as much 'allowed' music as possible, I'm sure there will be plenty of space to play it smile

Written by: Seye

On the subject of DJ's...

I'd still like to play the set that I didnt get to play last year.

I'd particularly like to provide the backing for the breakin' workshop.

I think we can find you space Saturday night in the DJ tent smile

Written by: Birgit

could you please send me another confirmation email? Am registered on the website as "Birgit", too, and if you need my email address or other details let me know.

All done hon hug

Written by: Meenik

Anybody want to help me with something?....who can bring the double staffs to Play???

n

n

No problem. If some dashing cavalier hasn't already come to your rescue I'm sure I'll be there at some point biggrin

Written by: Durbs

anyone caught selling items without a traders permit will be asked to purchase one there-and-then or leave the site.

Sorry but I just have to clear this up. They will be asked to stop trading and repeat offenders may be asked to leave smile

~~~~~

Now please continue talking bolox ubbrollsmile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UnclassifiedLeggyGirl

aimee: it could possibly be a reigonal thing, although i'll check it out anyways, are they decent ones??

Pretty decent! I was skeptical at first, but bought it anyway.

Its a pully uppy one..dont have to stick in lots of poles, just pull a couple of ropes and its up!

Its seems sound and safe and all in working order.

(I was so excited when I first got it I had to take a picture to share ubblol)

Seeing as I'm not hard to miss wink You'll have to come find me and say hello! hug
EDITED_BY: Aimée (1184186025)

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Dunc

Jeees you guys can talk A LOT!!

I know! i only checked this last night and i had to read through over 60 comments! i mean, don't you people have jobs? tongue

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Of course we do.. how d'you think we have internet access? /me goes to make another cuppa smile

Cake or Death?

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Dunc - you da Man
Succinct enlightenment to the crawling masses - Allah, Buddha, Jesus and all those other Truth Sayers
Respekt, but........Nah
Peas

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Argh! * gnashes teeth and weeps tears of frustration*

I can not come...

I am in Thailand, been trying to find a deal on a ticket, and everything is just a little too much to manage right now, so I will have to miss this!Oh No!How can I miss Play!!

I soooo wanted to see and hug all of you, and spin some silly objects around, giggle with Pink ,oogle frechmen, crack whips with Rob and G, have 2- bags's baby, get spiked with Dream,hooped with whoever, and play with Glass balls...

Er. EEP. Maybe that is not coming out how I mean it. Or maybe it is? wink lol.

Have fun my friends. I love ya, and miss you all.

xoxox

Andrea

ps:Start thinking about how to get to thailand in Novemember for the circus performance I am setting up for the refugees here... More details on that one to follow! smile

hug ubbrollsmile biggrin kiss kiss kiss peace

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UnclassifiedLeggyGirl

really hope someone brings a pop up tent this year so i can see ubblol

oh dear, I have one of those tents. Note to self - tie it to your wrist so at the very worst you end up with a tent shaped kite when you're being smug about how easy your tent is to put up smile

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
i wanted to write a huge post here ranting about me feelings towads PLAY at the minute......

however i realised that i can some it up in few words - "fooking excited"

Its the feeling i had before we set up the first one, however this time round its been harder to find, every year this festy has cost me something! All of the play committee, some more than others are in debt for bringing you this event, however lucky for you we have good jobs wink , if we added up the unpaid hours weve given this too........ quite frankly i dont want to know the answer!

Each one of us is fair understanding and in my eyes pretty bloody decent, no one is trying to profit from any of you - thats just not what this festy is about. I appreciate the whole trader thing has narked a few people, but it is a fair and reasonable request we feel and to keep it fair it will be policed.

Im going to by Meg a coppers uniform and everything wink

This year is going to rock the socks off the last so can i ask if anyone has any money issues or trade questions - dont post here waiting for an answer, contact anyone of the play team via email. Lets not fill this thread with that kinda gumph.......

Top marks to Aimee for her random tent post right in the middle of it all - good work lady hug

Now - back to hugging.......

biggrin

one week left before i quit my job and head to play!! ubbrollsmile

bounce bounce bounce

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Hear Hear
You guys ROCK - no-one ever said you didnt
Lets hope we get nice weather and lits of people to help pay off the debts
Roll on the Rock-ness
Peas

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Strugz

Im going to by Meg a coppers uniform and everything

I dont know if im turned on, or disturbed at the thought of Meg doing a striptease... eek

What was that Strugz? You said nothing about a striptease?
Oh.... right.. redface

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
strugz, as your official bitch (for play only) i think you have done a wicked job smile

plus the play committee

Step (el-nombrie)

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
clap to the organisers I know how stressed you must be getting about now wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mynci

clap to the organisers I know how stressed you must be getting about now wink

ditto Never realised exactly how much work goes on months before these events. Remember to paint signs BEFORE the first 50 people turn up ubblol *cough* southern lights *cough* wink

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQeeAcJ0aHk

I love coppers. Thou if I have to do patrols, I want a horsey.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Damn can't watch the embedded version and I'm too lazy to go to youtube tongue

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Dunc

Written by: Seye

On the subject of DJ's...

I'd still like to play the set that I didnt get to play last year.

I'd particularly like to provide the backing for the breakin' workshop.

I think we can find you space Saturday night in the DJ tent smile

Dunc - You are a legend biggrin

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
paint signs before people turn up? But you need people to paint signs.

Jake the Juggler

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Andrea!! frown I wanted to have a shower naked with you again!!! ubblove

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

I love coppers. Thou if I have to do patrols, I want a horsey.

sorted - sat nyt you best wear some padded pants as your ass will hurt from all the patrolling!

ubblol

(realises how that could be read and still decides to leave it )

biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Strugz! eek

ubblol

Gayle.....!

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
Yipe yipe yipe!

Anybody have room to offer me and Jocelyn a ride from London?

Yipe yipe!

Wait, I bet there's a section on the site for this. Is there? I'll go look...

(prots off)

(hasn't used word "prot" for ages)

n

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
nick, if you wnat to get the train up from london to stoke, i will quite happily come and get you form eth train station at stoke, and drive you over to the festival....

Step (el-nombrie)

Page: ......