Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2007 25th - 29th July 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone and welcome to PLAY FESTIVAL 2007!!

Please forgive me for the lack of info, I have no computer to use and it'll be a few weeks more until I'm able to update it more often. I'll come back and put more up as and when I can.

Hopefully most of this info you'll have gotten from our newsletter, if not sign up to it on the website now! www.playfestival.co.uk

We had a wonderful 5 days last year and can only say that 2007 will be even better!

Thanks to everyone who came last year and who gave us feedback on what they thought of the festival, we've taken all comments on board and hope we can make the festival one that you'll enjoy even more than the last.

The dates for this years festival will be Wednesday 25th - Sunday 29th July and we will be at the same venue, Fordhall Farm in Market Drayton, Shropshire. The tickets will be £35 in advance and £40 on the door, that will include most workshops, 4 nights camping, the shows and other entertainments during the festival

We have lots planned for this years festival, more areas to play in with the emphasis on getting everyone involved, we will have a proper go at the world record after last years attempt didn't go so well (although it does look awesome on video!!!) and of course the usual abundance of workshops to keep you all busy in the day.

We'll have two stages this year, the main stage/tent and and nice little caberet tent, a solar powered cinema, a PROPER bar & food tent and a few more folks selling the stuff you want to buy (even if you don't realise it yet! heheh)

New for this year will be the PLAY HOP Amateur Performance of the year. It's a little competition we've come up with that can be entered by anyone for any type of performance. No more than 4 minutes long with a cash prize for the winner and the chance to feature on the next PLAY DVD. As you might guess from the title the event is sponsored by HomeofPoi.com (who have proudly given us the prizes for our games over the last two years). More details will follow soon...

The DVD of last years festival will be out at some point, probably exactly at the time we plan it to come out wink Focusing more on spreading knowledge to learn the arts than the last DVD and we're sure it'll knock your socks off!

If you want to contact us about anything please email us at one of the following addresses:

info@playfestival.co.uk

comments@playfestival.co.uk

volunteers@playfestival.co.uk

traders@playfestival.co.uk

If anyone wants specific footage from last years festival please wait until after the DVD is out, Strugz & co are busy enough editing the full thing to start making cuts for people! Thanks smile

As my internet access is sporadic at best till my pc is up and running, I might not be able to reply to email straight away, if you want to talk to me about anything call me on 07814 018091 and if you don't get an answer LEAVE A VOICEMAIL!

Keep checking the website for the latest information and we'll send out newsletters as often as we can.

hugs & smiles

Dunc hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
last year a credit card was good, so maybe you can ask him for his?

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
lol yeah "daddy, can i please have your credit card for 5 days?? i mean, it only has a £5000 limit on it" do you think that would work?

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
not really tongue

you can borrow his driver's license wink

or you can just tell him the truth - you're gonna be in a field full of hippies for 5 days and they don't use credit cards because credit cards are a way for the big corporations to control the world.

(or just ask one of the organizers about it, but i like my methods better)

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
a credit card statement would probably do - then you can prove all the credit card stuff without having to take the card itself biggrin

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UnclassifiedLeggyGirl

Written by: Poiboy

there arent actual tickets. you just come to the festival with your order number and some ID.

ooooh no! please someone tell me this isn't so?? i didn't order my ticket, my dad did using all of HIS details...

Don't worry about it, just bring something with his name on (a letter or bill maybe) and the order number and you'll be fine. Maybe a screen print out of the confirmation email if you have access to a printer? That would be more than cool with us hug ubbrollsmile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

916 posts

Posted:
poiboy: oh yay, me with daddys driving licence, i love the sound of that!! great idea.... and one have a fantastic merc i can 'borrow'?? lol

dunc: WOOT!! bounce2 will get a bill off him then biggrin lol and will bring printout of the confirmation email aswell.... just incase

DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:
add me onto the play list ticket has been bough and sorted

Actually back on HoP guys ...

Owned By MiG
Owns Fyre and Mods_Stole_My_Name

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Yo!! PLAY fest peeps!

Is there a teaser video for the DVD out yet?

Can i have one?

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

addict
498 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol we wish! tongue no that's unfair of me, they're working hard bless them ubbrollsmile keep up the good work guys!

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
ok, so just had a thought about the whole 'smoking laws' thing: If a bunch of people (on their own initiative) set up a bunch of gazebos so they could smoke inside in bad weather, would that be ok? (as long as it was nothing to do with the organisers)

on another note, I've added an offer to do a facial hair/dressing up workshop, as if any of you really needed an excuse!

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Poirot will be very happy to hear this smile

Cheers Guy! hug

addict
498 posts

Posted:
My mate says i need to bring some waxing strips for the renegade... for him, not for me... not sure what exactly he has planned but, personally, i can't wait! biggrin especially if i get to do the waxing! 'evil laugh'

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
Silage tape does a good job for hair removal too biggrin

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
what night will the renegade be on??

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

glennerooprofessional loser
140 posts

Posted:
eek whats all this about hair removal? i always end up tickle tortured half to death as it stands, the last thing i need is someone running around with duct tape trying to dehairize me (which is impossible, seeing as i am the big foot's little brother, in cognito) not to mention we're hippies, isnt having lots of hair au naturelle and going against the grain of westernized society trying to tell everyone how to be beautiful by e.g. waxing and waning to perfection? sheesh, i'm for more love and less hair removal! hug ubblove

anyways i just thought i'd add, for those of you i met at feuerkunst berlin and überparis, be prepared for more terrorist/paparazzi style photographic techniques to get you at your best (or most embarassing) muwahahahahaaaaaaaaaa! biggrin ubbrollsmile
EDITED_BY: glenneroo (1182882521)

fotography: glenneroo.net
filmography: glenneroo.org

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
ubblol Kinda with you on the hairy hippy bit - but if you doin papparazzi, we'll do depilation biggrin

Anyone know how the farm's getting on with the rain n floods? 'Tis in a bad area I fear... frown

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

glennerooprofessional loser
140 posts

Posted:
hrm, well in my lonely defenselessness (because all those who've had the "pleasure" of being part of my somewhat evil slideshows will not defend me *grin*) it's the "official" reason i'm going to be at this lurvly event. and thus to properly documentate things, i can't stop everyone and ask them to smile whilst saying, dont-eat-red-meat-on-wheat...

so to capture those lurvly emotions, the paparazzi game becomes a necessity and all i can do is hope i don't get caught wink though i presume über- and other kids who know my reindeer games will be watching me quite closely as i do my thing. i have however developed some new tactics and will be further refining them to properly distract hippies away from what i am really up to biggrin

so in advance, i apologize for any bad or embarrassing pics, and i love you all even though i dont know half of you... if it gets that bad, just stop me and ask for a massage and we can call it even cool
EDITED_BY: glenneroo (1182893891)

fotography: glenneroo.net
filmography: glenneroo.org

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
 Written by: LazyAngel

ok, so just had a thought about the whole 'smoking laws' thing: If a bunch of people (on their own initiative) set up a bunch of gazebos so they could smoke inside in bad weather, would that be ok? (as long as it was nothing to do with the organisers)

Legally, yes - as gaezbo's don't have walls, they're not enclosed spaces. Would just be a matter of making sure they're not going to blow away, fall over, catch fire, spontaneously turn into turtles or any other such thing.
We might even be generous and see if we can rig up a large tarpaulin next to the main tents as a smokers area. (Might we? Dunc/Rob/Strugz?)
Or just bring lots of umbrellas wink
Or just grin and bear the bad weather (not that there'll be any) - you're going to have to from July 1st anyway ubblol

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
Call me Mr. No-fun if you like, but it seeems to me that it'd be a whole lot easier to prevent a bunch of gazebos (gazeboes?) from turning into flying, collapsing, super-lethal polythenes of doom which cause the health and safety executive to have kittens than it would to bodge a tarp into staying put, what with gazebos being designed to gazebe and all...
So what if the nicotine addicts erected their gazebos in clusters around main tent entrances? The usual DIY store gazebo is white, so there shouldn't be an after-dark visibility risk (maybe some hazard tape for any guy ropes that get put up to aid with the staying put), and the whole no sides thing means they won't be in the way for the rest of us coming and going (plus if it does all go rainy an extended and dispersing covered entrance to each tent is going to lessen the churned-up muddiness just there that would otherwise happen...).

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I heard the govenment had banned rain from july 1st so there would'nt be any problem smoking outdoors...

they did mention however that a hosepipe ban would come into effect from july 2nd wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
isnt PLAY bigger than the government? i thought it was ?? mmmm

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
tarp sounds like a good idea:I'm just throwing ideas around here tho: and its always good to have somewhere to sit and chill out of the sun (especially if you're ginger like me)

I think 'flying, collapsing, super-lethal polythenes of doom' is going a tad far in describing gazebos wink

I'm just trying to thrash some ideas out before everyone arrives and, ahem, 'loses motivation'.

Just had two new ideas for workshops:
1) fingerpainting: it'd be really cool to get everybody to contribute one hand print to a big 'PLAY 2007' sign, or just fingerpainitng would be cool, but I don't know where to begin really

2)Mass hug workshop: basically, the idea is to get everybody at PLAY to hug each other at the same time for 1 minute.

alternatively:

a hug workshop, exploring some variations in hugging: the body clamp, the 'travelling hug', the 'chest bounce', the 'soul brother' hug, the 'surprise attack hug' (techniques and diversionary tactics) and exploring what we mean by the term 'glomp'

916 posts

Posted:
angel: i'm loving those workshop ideas! i'd definatly go to both.... i think the finger painting one is a great idea, since everybody with hands (or if they dont have hands then feet....) can do it, plus it would look great, and it encourages people to come together biggrin

and i never thought about how many different hugs there are.... although i'm not sure parents would like their kids to attempt the 'just had sex with the person you love' hug..... wink

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol

no but i would ubbangel

gets coat.........

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
Whip workshop, whip workshop, whip workshop!

I'll bring the pvc, leather and chains ubblol

No, seriously, Whip workshop, whip workshop, whip workshop!

916 posts

Posted:
so does that mean theres another person in favour of the hugging workshop?? i mean, it'd be fun.....

916 posts

Posted:
haha what kinda whip workshop though?? again, some parents wouldn't like their kids being taught how to arouse their partner using whips.... although maybe a night one for 'adult' themed whip stuff?? lol

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
actually I thought people would go more for the mass hug thing!

I might need to borrow a leash to keep strugz on though by the sounds of it though wink

btw, I'm just sounding ideas out here before sticking them on the PLAY website

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I'm defenitly up for the hug workshop...and the fingerpainting! biggrin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

916 posts

Posted:
woot! thanks for putting up the workshop suggestions angel, i never thought of things like that! lol

Page: ......