Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2007 25th - 29th July 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone and welcome to PLAY FESTIVAL 2007!!

Please forgive me for the lack of info, I have no computer to use and it'll be a few weeks more until I'm able to update it more often. I'll come back and put more up as and when I can.

Hopefully most of this info you'll have gotten from our newsletter, if not sign up to it on the website now! www.playfestival.co.uk

We had a wonderful 5 days last year and can only say that 2007 will be even better!

Thanks to everyone who came last year and who gave us feedback on what they thought of the festival, we've taken all comments on board and hope we can make the festival one that you'll enjoy even more than the last.

The dates for this years festival will be Wednesday 25th - Sunday 29th July and we will be at the same venue, Fordhall Farm in Market Drayton, Shropshire. The tickets will be £35 in advance and £40 on the door, that will include most workshops, 4 nights camping, the shows and other entertainments during the festival

We have lots planned for this years festival, more areas to play in with the emphasis on getting everyone involved, we will have a proper go at the world record after last years attempt didn't go so well (although it does look awesome on video!!!) and of course the usual abundance of workshops to keep you all busy in the day.

We'll have two stages this year, the main stage/tent and and nice little caberet tent, a solar powered cinema, a PROPER bar & food tent and a few more folks selling the stuff you want to buy (even if you don't realise it yet! heheh)

New for this year will be the PLAY HOP Amateur Performance of the year. It's a little competition we've come up with that can be entered by anyone for any type of performance. No more than 4 minutes long with a cash prize for the winner and the chance to feature on the next PLAY DVD. As you might guess from the title the event is sponsored by HomeofPoi.com (who have proudly given us the prizes for our games over the last two years). More details will follow soon...

The DVD of last years festival will be out at some point, probably exactly at the time we plan it to come out wink Focusing more on spreading knowledge to learn the arts than the last DVD and we're sure it'll knock your socks off!

If you want to contact us about anything please email us at one of the following addresses:

info@playfestival.co.uk

comments@playfestival.co.uk

volunteers@playfestival.co.uk

traders@playfestival.co.uk

If anyone wants specific footage from last years festival please wait until after the DVD is out, Strugz & co are busy enough editing the full thing to start making cuts for people! Thanks smile

As my internet access is sporadic at best till my pc is up and running, I might not be able to reply to email straight away, if you want to talk to me about anything call me on 07814 018091 and if you don't get an answer LEAVE A VOICEMAIL!

Keep checking the website for the latest information and we'll send out newsletters as often as we can.

hugs & smiles

Dunc hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
Yo... anyone know what the plan is RE recycling and waste disposal facilities at Play? (If there is one yet) wink

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
probably the same bins as last year i would have thought smile

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

FearpigSILVER Member
member - tee hee "member"
279 posts

Posted:
te he.... lady meg godiva !!

"Whats wrong with the cat?" - Mrs Schrödinger

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
he he on the net for the first time in a while i cant wait until play yay!!! its going to be well cool...

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
 Written by: LMSP

Will there be a giant ball for me to roll into unsuspecting tents at this festy? ubblol That WAS fun! ubblol

yes devil

Jake the Juggler

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
Wow. This is great. So much love. I shoulda come to England again ages ago smile

Bali is amazing but I'm missing silly fun festival energy! smile

Am I allowed to give away poi? I'm making some pink teddy-bear pajama poi.

n

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Yes, as long as you dont sell them. ubblol

(ask Dunc biggrin )

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
having just read the [Old link], I'd have to say be careful, these HoPpers are reactionary and quick to turn to flinging soft edible stuffs, and may launch into a squidgy food fight over such coveted item as Meenik home made poi ubblol
Non-Https Image Link

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
 Written by: LMSP

Written by: Mynci

clap to the organisers I know how stressed you must be getting about now wink

ditto Never realised exactly how much work goes on months before these events. Remember to paint signs BEFORE the first 50 people turn up ubblol *cough* southern lights *cough* wink

That was us last year too ubbangel ubblol

I can offer Nick a lift, from Wellington train station to PLAY on the PLAY Bus biggrin

re: Recycling, it's seperated and done for us off site to save us the bother smile

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Dunc, just one more question:

Written by: Meenik

Am I allowed to give away poi? I'm making some pink teddy-bear pajama poi.

smile

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
pm'd

Ok this is cool, it could be sooo much cooler but it's still cool

schlinkay

But what's that crazy shiz with the glasses all about?

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Dunc

Ok this is cool, it could be sooo much cooler but it's still cool

schlinkay

- I first saw a version of that many years ago on a clip from Saturday Night Live, and you're right, it can be cooler, I remember the SNL guy doing a lot more climbing around inside his costume so as to really confuse where you thought his arms and legs were (well, either that or he was the most completely awesome hand balancer ever.. either way..)

Written by: Dunc

But what's that crazy shiz with the glasses all about?

Got me... Maybe that's his real act, he's hoping to win "America's got (publicity hungry wastes-of-space without any) talent" with his removable-lens glasses act...

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Would anyone be interested in a Tim Tam eaating workshop? (may have to ask for a small donation towards the cost of tim tams)

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
ummm... whats a tim tam?

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
UCOF's explanation of "It's most like a penguin bar. But the biscuit isn't as dense. Making it much better for drinking with"
That pretty much sums them up.
They are Australian, made by the oz equivilant to McVities. Unfortunatly they are quite hard ot find over here and are only available via 400+ Sainsburys stores as well as on their website if they deliver to your address.

Owner of Clarence_Quack

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
aahhh rite, i get it now smile

a tim tam eating workshop sounds like fun.!

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
I think this so-called Festival is going to be rubbish

wink biggrin

Actually, i'm really rather excited smile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
Yes, yes, a tim tam eating workshop!! One where you bite the opposite corners off them and drink coffee through it, then eat it quick before it collapses in a soggy chocolatey yummy goopy mess.bounce2
(did I just ruin the workshop by giving away the secrets?)

Or substitiute port for coffee. mmmmm.
Best done with double coat tim tams, which I have never seen over here.
Pity sainsbury's doesn't stock mint slices. ubbrollsmile

Only three things are certain: Death, Taxes, and that England will not win back the Ashes in this lifetime.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I think Guy should also do a 'Tea appreciation workshop'.

shame I'd miss that one. frown

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Sainsbury's only seem to stock the Original Tim Tam's
My fav are the Caramel ones, but agreed the double coat work well with everything.
I quite like using the love potions range with wine as well ubbrollsmile

And no you didn't just ruin the secrets of the workshop, although that is the general content of it. biggrin

Owner of Clarence_Quack

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
Love potions range? That must be new.
*note to self*
Must write to Sainsburys and tell them that they need to do something about improving their tim tam range.

Only three things are certain: Death, Taxes, and that England will not win back the Ashes in this lifetime.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
*seconds the motion*

biggrin

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Limits_To_Contest

I think Guy should also do a 'Tea appreciation workshop'.

shame I'd miss that one. frown

Gets my vote!

Hmmmm tea biggrin biggrin

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
TEA!!! ubblove

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
Ok, survey: Who's going to BGG and who's going to EJC after PLAY?

Which do you think will be better???

n

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
That would depend on what you want to do. The BGG is laid back, in a field full of hippies. The EJC is full of very serious juggling types that can't look down any more due to all the hours of practice they put in.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
ubblol

mmm tea workshop - i'm there!

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
Who else is going to EJC after PLAY?

Mr_widdeat my face before i eat yours
253 posts

Posted:
meenik, not sure how long you are staying in the UK after play but there is falmouth 7 in september. thats not to be missed. biggrin

[noodles]*Property of Pigeon Wigeon*
893 posts

Posted:
Gahh, just read 555 new replies. So many posts I wanted to comment on but i think i'll sum it up with. Woot! Play! Can't wait! I got a mahuusive tent this year! Just hope all me stuff fits in the car with enough room for my roadtrip buddies (you know who you are smile )

Oh and I just realised I have no avatar and i'm still locked in pigeons chimney.
EDITED_BY: [noodles] (1184502395)

Could somebody stop the room please... I'd like to get off

Page: ......