Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2007 25th - 29th July 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone and welcome to PLAY FESTIVAL 2007!!

Please forgive me for the lack of info, I have no computer to use and it'll be a few weeks more until I'm able to update it more often. I'll come back and put more up as and when I can.

Hopefully most of this info you'll have gotten from our newsletter, if not sign up to it on the website now! www.playfestival.co.uk

We had a wonderful 5 days last year and can only say that 2007 will be even better!

Thanks to everyone who came last year and who gave us feedback on what they thought of the festival, we've taken all comments on board and hope we can make the festival one that you'll enjoy even more than the last.

The dates for this years festival will be Wednesday 25th - Sunday 29th July and we will be at the same venue, Fordhall Farm in Market Drayton, Shropshire. The tickets will be £35 in advance and £40 on the door, that will include most workshops, 4 nights camping, the shows and other entertainments during the festival

We have lots planned for this years festival, more areas to play in with the emphasis on getting everyone involved, we will have a proper go at the world record after last years attempt didn't go so well (although it does look awesome on video!!!) and of course the usual abundance of workshops to keep you all busy in the day.

We'll have two stages this year, the main stage/tent and and nice little caberet tent, a solar powered cinema, a PROPER bar & food tent and a few more folks selling the stuff you want to buy (even if you don't realise it yet! heheh)

New for this year will be the PLAY HOP Amateur Performance of the year. It's a little competition we've come up with that can be entered by anyone for any type of performance. No more than 4 minutes long with a cash prize for the winner and the chance to feature on the next PLAY DVD. As you might guess from the title the event is sponsored by HomeofPoi.com (who have proudly given us the prizes for our games over the last two years). More details will follow soon...

The DVD of last years festival will be out at some point, probably exactly at the time we plan it to come out wink Focusing more on spreading knowledge to learn the arts than the last DVD and we're sure it'll knock your socks off!

If you want to contact us about anything please email us at one of the following addresses:

info@playfestival.co.uk

comments@playfestival.co.uk

volunteers@playfestival.co.uk

traders@playfestival.co.uk

If anyone wants specific footage from last years festival please wait until after the DVD is out, Strugz & co are busy enough editing the full thing to start making cuts for people! Thanks smile

As my internet access is sporadic at best till my pc is up and running, I might not be able to reply to email straight away, if you want to talk to me about anything call me on 07814 018091 and if you don't get an answer LEAVE A VOICEMAIL!

Keep checking the website for the latest information and we'll send out newsletters as often as we can.

hugs & smiles

Dunc hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Dave, I can think of worse places to be stuck. Make sure you get the Pige to release you in time for Play wink

Mojojo, the Love Potions range only came out at the start of this year, I think it's a limited edition range. But they are really nice.

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
Oh oh oh! Might be able to make that.

The double posting above was actually an accident. I thought the first one didn't go through.

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
don't worry dave, we're just bringing one rucksack each plus the tent this year smile ... oh and the staff bag. but that's the plan! we'll fit, even if it means me and Amy have to sit on each other biggrin

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
Anyone know anyone that needs a Glade ticket?!!? I really need to get rid of one...

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
would have loved it but I'm broke and so organized other things pre-PLaY, I'll ask about but don't hold your breath smile

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

i have just given up some really cool opertuinities for being plays photographer!

NOW IM PISSED!

Step (el-nombrie)

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Yakumo

would have loved it but I'm broke and so organized other things pre-PLaY, I'll ask about but don't hold your breath smile

Nice one, thanks dude...

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mech

i have just given up some really cool opertuinities for being plays photographer!

NOW IM PISSED!

Dude - I'll adopt the task (along with all my other ones for the weekend) if it will help you out.

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
you mean your missing out on something because you'll be at play being the photographer? or you're missing out on the opportunities of being the play photographer because something else has gotten in the way?

And what could possibly be more important than digitally recording this whole Meg, Jo, Horse thing anyway?

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
Hey, spotted (and purchased) at Beckton Sainsbury's... Caramel tim tams!

Only three things are certain: Death, Taxes, and that England will not win back the Ashes in this lifetime.

glennerooprofessional loser
140 posts

Posted:

NOW IM PISSED!

doo doo doooo, have no fear, glenneroo is here ubbloco

considering my primary (and singular?) function of the event is photography, and taking into consideration the fact that i average 1-3k pics, also noting that i'll be coming a couple days before and leaving a couple after the event, we can deduce an average output of around 15,000-20,000 photos. After the cleaning process which removes about 25% of output, we will be down to about 10-12k @ 10 megapixels i.e. somewhere between 5 and 10 DVDs. Final data size depends on things like how much i shoot in RAW or JPG and how many panoramas i make. This also does not take into account high-resolution time-lapse movies, which are shot with still camera(s) and average 5k pics per hour and i'm hoping to get a lot of lovely time-lapses at this event, though we'll see... biggrin ubbrollsmile

edit:

- 1-3k pics PER DAY wink

- quantity of course doesn't at all reflect quality, however with such masses it's hard to not at least have a few good ones... wink
EDITED_BY: glenneroo (1184532473)

fotography: glenneroo.net
filmography: glenneroo.org

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Glenn - was it you at UberParis with the time-lapse camera?

That was cool smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

140 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Durbs

Glenn - was it you at UberParis with the time-lapse camera?

That was cool smile

hehe ayuh, cheers! And thanks for reminding me, im trying to hectically finish off the time-lapse from last year's Pflasterspektakel before i head over there, but i can throw the (RAW / UNFINISHED - no music, effects, etc) versions of those on my server real quick-like for everyone to see smile

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
will be very nice to meet you Glenn smile

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Seye

NOW IM PISSED!

Dude - I'll adopt the task (along with all my other ones for the weekend) if it will help you out.

ubbidea

stop bitchin'

ubblol

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

140 posts

Posted:

will be very nice to meet you Glenn smile

hehe aww thanks, but the pleasure will soon be all mine, for you're one of the few who hasn't (yet) been traumatized by my incessant abuse of the "official photographer" title... and thus you haven't been part of one of my obscene slideshows... of which i shan't give away any details pertaining to - don't want to kill the surprise muwahahaa wink

So, Durbs, or anyone over there in charge of stuff: what's with this solar cinema? Can i can hook-up my laptop and slideshow piccies? Do i need to bring any special cables? And yes, i know i know, this prolly belongs in an email...

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mojojo

You, are a star. But Beckton is a bit far to travel from Manchester though, just for Tim Tams.

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

TwerpyBRONZE Member
20 posts

Posted:
I am getting so ridiculously excited about play its untrue! I've given up explaining it properly to people. The explanation has now become "a lot of people in a field being very silly for a week"

I got my shiny new tent a couple of days ago although haven't had a chance to set it up yet. It has bright orange guy ropes but I'll probably get some glowsticks anyway smile Its getting harder and harder to fight the temptation to start packing my rucksack now!

You all have to come and find me and make friends as well! I don't know anyone and I'm coming on my own. I'll be the one wearing a big billowly cloak (probably) and I expect a bright yellow T-shirt with LIFEGUARD on in big letters!

Hurray for play!!!!hug hug hug

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
LOL, Hi! You registered in 2004 yet this is your first post!

eek
biggrin

welcome to HoP weavesmiley

140 posts

Posted:
ok then, i upped my favorite 2 time-lapses from überparis to my server:
https://public.glenneroo.org/?path=timelapse/unfinished/uberparis

To get them, right-click on each one, then SAVE TARGET AS.

They are XviD encoded. If you don't know what that means, basically you should watch them with VLC (www.videolan.org)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
(big up VLC smile )

And what could possibly be more important than digitally recording this whole Meg, Jo, Horse thing anyway?

You forgot me there too.. wink

Nooooooo! Thats a bad idea!
You'll eat them all way before Play actually starts! ubblol

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
**post deleted**

Step (el-nombrie)

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
** confused **

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
**conformist**

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Knowing Mojojojo she will have planned quantities and bought a years supply. Jo does organisation well..

mmmm Timtams.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
 Written by: steaks

You, are a star. But Beckton is a bit far to travel from Manchester though, just for Tim Tams.

Where's your commitment! rolleyes

I might be persuaded to get a few extra packs for the workshop, if indeed they survive the car trip up biggrin

Gnor, I am really not very organised at all, only when it come to food.

Only three things are certain: Death, Taxes, and that England will not win back the Ashes in this lifetime.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UnderControlOrFailure

(big up VLC smile )

You forgot me there too.. wink

What in the hell dammit!?!?

Nobody is coming between me and my beautiful horse!

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

(in abscence of Neon dave) ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mynci

Written by: mcp

(in abscence of Neon dave) ubblol

i thought dave was thr horse

meg

stick

hours (dave)

and no one between them

oh dear :S

Step (el-nombrie)

E_V_I_LMosh-mosh-mosh-mosh.
346 posts

Posted:
Ello people. Been lurking/absent for a lil bit due to workage, was just checking the thread and noticed some cool stuff.

Hug workshop - I'm all over that one! Hugs rule!

Whip workshop - Mwahahahahahaha. Can I be the test subject ? wink

And I had some of my new ink done - Maori half-sleeve. Awesomeness.

And I kinda shaved my head. Bye-bye long hair, hello Henry Rollins style hardcore #.5 head stubble!

Xbox360 Live ID - Sacred Apollyon

"Enemies you threaten make armies. Enemies you destroy make graves."

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

Page: ......