Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2007 25th - 29th July 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone and welcome to PLAY FESTIVAL 2007!!

Please forgive me for the lack of info, I have no computer to use and it'll be a few weeks more until I'm able to update it more often. I'll come back and put more up as and when I can.

Hopefully most of this info you'll have gotten from our newsletter, if not sign up to it on the website now! www.playfestival.co.uk

We had a wonderful 5 days last year and can only say that 2007 will be even better!

Thanks to everyone who came last year and who gave us feedback on what they thought of the festival, we've taken all comments on board and hope we can make the festival one that you'll enjoy even more than the last.

The dates for this years festival will be Wednesday 25th - Sunday 29th July and we will be at the same venue, Fordhall Farm in Market Drayton, Shropshire. The tickets will be £35 in advance and £40 on the door, that will include most workshops, 4 nights camping, the shows and other entertainments during the festival

We have lots planned for this years festival, more areas to play in with the emphasis on getting everyone involved, we will have a proper go at the world record after last years attempt didn't go so well (although it does look awesome on video!!!) and of course the usual abundance of workshops to keep you all busy in the day.

We'll have two stages this year, the main stage/tent and and nice little caberet tent, a solar powered cinema, a PROPER bar & food tent and a few more folks selling the stuff you want to buy (even if you don't realise it yet! heheh)

New for this year will be the PLAY HOP Amateur Performance of the year. It's a little competition we've come up with that can be entered by anyone for any type of performance. No more than 4 minutes long with a cash prize for the winner and the chance to feature on the next PLAY DVD. As you might guess from the title the event is sponsored by HomeofPoi.com (who have proudly given us the prizes for our games over the last two years). More details will follow soon...

The DVD of last years festival will be out at some point, probably exactly at the time we plan it to come out wink Focusing more on spreading knowledge to learn the arts than the last DVD and we're sure it'll knock your socks off!

If you want to contact us about anything please email us at one of the following addresses:

info@playfestival.co.uk

comments@playfestival.co.uk

volunteers@playfestival.co.uk

traders@playfestival.co.uk

If anyone wants specific footage from last years festival please wait until after the DVD is out, Strugz & co are busy enough editing the full thing to start making cuts for people! Thanks smile

As my internet access is sporadic at best till my pc is up and running, I might not be able to reply to email straight away, if you want to talk to me about anything call me on 07814 018091 and if you don't get an answer LEAVE A VOICEMAIL!

Keep checking the website for the latest information and we'll send out newsletters as often as we can.

hugs & smiles

Dunc hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
at least Mech and sandy naked I would have thought!!

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Lizzybeth

if he ever demonstrates doing that to a cow again then i might cry

eek

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
heeheehee smile dont worry it was more to do with a rubber glove than anything else smile

if i could be a busy busy bee...

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
oh, and that makes it alright then . . .

Jake the Juggler

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
Ok, somewhat shy Aussie Gal wanting to go to Play...Trying to talk myself into it, being as I won't know anyone. (except Durbs 'n' Linda) wave

Hell, I am over here, and it's on, therefore I should GO.

I'll be driving up from London (East) by myself so can offer a ride if anyone needs it, the company would be good as I tend to fall asleep when driving long distance by myself! probably won't be going until Friday unfortunately.
Also we found a tent in the attic of our house, so have a spare one of them as well available for loan...

Will bring henna too, might anyone be interested in a henna-ing workshop?

Only three things are certain: Death, Taxes, and that England will not win back the Ashes in this lifetime.

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
oo i would! henna is so beautiful smile and i can try out what ideas for my tattoo(s) will look like wink

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Mojojojojojojojojojojojo....Jo wink

wave Forgot you were still in the country! You going to Spitz at all?

Anyway, I'm going up seperately from Linda (what with running it and all), so if you want a lift up, Linda will have space. Makes it cheaper (no green tax!) and more sociable from the off. Mind you, not sure what day she's thinking of coming up...

Oh and henna - yes please biggrin
Workshop would be wicked (maybe a "How to make henna" too), and if you want to set yourself up as a "Get Henna'd here", we *might* be able to cover your henna costs. Only if you want to I hasten to add!

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
Only just got back to the country after a 5 month absence, so I forgive ya!

Yeah I could run a how to make henna workshop, no worries. Henna powder is dirt cheap, plus a few lemons and few secret herbs and spices. Will print out loads of pretty piccy's and stuff on the work 'puter!

When is linda heading up? I think I'll only be able to manage one day off work, ie go up thursday night.

Was actually going to try to get to Spitz tomorrow.

Only three things are certain: Death, Taxes, and that England will not win back the Ashes in this lifetime.

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Hi Mojojo wave

Assuming you're the one Gnor was talking about hug

I mentioned in the play forum that I was travelling up from London by train and was asking around for anybody to join us on the mind numbingly boring journy up there.

Was going to suggest to Gnor that you hop on the train with us but now it seems you have a lovely van!

The offer is still open, we're travelling up on the wednesday though! hug
EDITED_BY: Aimée (1183383309)

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
Thanks Aimee, yes, I would be the one Gnor was talking about - I think! hope she said nice things...
I won't be able to make it as early as Wednesday, but thanks for the offer! ubbrollsmile

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Oh no. She was quite adament in letting me know you were a horrible horrible person wink

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Hi there Mojojo
I saw on your gallery a pic of you and Jonni - I stayed with him in Freo a month or so ago. what a lovely man
Come and say hi at PLAY - we shal be doing shows there - SOLAR and i'll be doing some compeering
Seeya there
Rob

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
Damn the truth is out! Gnor!! redface

Hey Firenix, yeah, Joni is a sweetheart, (and his house!) was actually just wondering how he is going recently! Doh you are making me homesick!

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
hello Mojojo! biggrin im going to play as well and also dont know very many peoples! but it doesnt look like that matters as everyone is so friendly smile id love to try out a henna workshop! i thought about going to one before but i have all the artistic ability of a *really badly co-ordinated* four year old. but could give it a go anyways! so might see you there smile btw i know someone called jay who needs a lift to play, could i maybe send him your way??

if i could be a busy busy bee...

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
i think loads oh HOPpers that are going to PLAY know few people, myself included, so it shouldn't be a problem for anyone, esp. since as soon as we get there its gonna be like we know everyone! lol

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Seye

hoping there will be lots of people there to help me with my latest obsession - im completely in love with my flower sticks....

Me and Mike will be running a series of devil/flowerstick workshops ranging from beginner to advanced silliness that will run throughout the weekend :-)

we need a tennis/voleyball kinda net to play StickTossofDeath most fun possible with a flowerstick

play doubles with one handstick each volleyball kind of rules

was lots of fun at southern lights,worked well

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
 Written by: simta

Written by: Seye

hoping there will be lots of people there to help me with my latest obsession - im completely in love with my flower sticks....

Me and Mike will be running a series of devil/flowerstick workshops ranging from beginner to advanced silliness that will run throughout the weekend :-)

we need a tennis/voleyball kinda net to play StickTossofDeath most fun possible with a flowerstick

play doubles with one handstick each volleyball kind of rules

was lots of fun at southern lights,worked well

That also works with diablo's
Apparantly a few of the manchester lot did it at the BJC last year as there were tennis courts near where everyone was camping.

Personally I am up for a game of Ultimate frisbie. With the new smoking ban, some people should be a bit fitter than when we played it on the beach at FAl6 last year ubblol

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
ahhh the volley ball court biggrin I call serve ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
volleyclub is best biggrin

Jake the Juggler

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
isn't it juggle volley? ubblol I sooo want to play that I missed the game at southern lights as I had too much work to do frown only got to play the devil stick version on the thursday evening

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
NEWS FLASH!!

Play festy is this month people!!

I can tell you that tickets are flying out the door, if you want them, get them now biggrin ubbrollsmile

Only double figures left! biggrin bounce

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Feeling the luuurrvveeee yet Mojojojoojo.. wink ubbrollsmile ubblove

Neither of you were meant to gossip about the awful things I said about the other... spankings to Mojojo and Aimeeee (mooooo) spank spank spank spank biggrin biggrin wink

Rob!!..HUgs to you...Robs a good teacher of stuff Jo! Can break it down so even Perthites ( who arent Jed ) can pick it up.

Teach Mojojojo lots please ppls so when she comes back to us we get some funky stuff

hug hug hug hug

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

I can tell you that tickets are flying out the door,

is that because they were in van you were driving wink

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:

is that because they were in van you were driving

That was a REAL LOL moment Mynci thanks.

Hi Gnor - sorry didnt realise (although stoopidly!!) that you knew Mojojo also. Of course there will be some teaching going on. How is the whip going? Has Jed discovered untold freeky ways of newness? - Hope so!!!
BIG love to you - already thinking and trying to plan a way to get back to WA begining of next tour - LOVE to all

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Oh man, there's gonna be some sweet whip tricks trading at play... biggrin

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mynci

Written by: strugz

is that because they were in van you were driving wink

ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

dont talk to me about cars mincey boy tongue

tell me how many have you destroyed now ?! ? huh huh?

tongue

wink

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Gnor

Rob!!..HUgs to you...Robs a good teacher of stuff Jo! Can break it down so even Perthites ( who arent Jed ) can pick it up.

Teach Mojojojo lots please ppls so when she comes back to us we get some funky stuff

hug hug hug hug

Yep, teach me lots of stuff so that when I go home it doesn't look like the ONLY thing I did over here is work work work. frown

Rob I suspect I may have met you, or someone who looks like you at EJC, walking from the train station mid way thru the week.

And dontchya know, everyone in West Oz knows everyone else!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I may have killed more than you strugz but I don't do it as publically wink besides.. that's all behind me now *crosses fingers*

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I just booked my ticket.
Cheque in the mail on Thursday biggrin

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
ubblol Mynci hunny, you know cars don't like you! I can see us breaking down because I'm cursed. Just like the last twice hug

Page: ......