Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2007 25th - 29th July 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone and welcome to PLAY FESTIVAL 2007!!

Please forgive me for the lack of info, I have no computer to use and it'll be a few weeks more until I'm able to update it more often. I'll come back and put more up as and when I can.

Hopefully most of this info you'll have gotten from our newsletter, if not sign up to it on the website now! www.playfestival.co.uk

We had a wonderful 5 days last year and can only say that 2007 will be even better!

Thanks to everyone who came last year and who gave us feedback on what they thought of the festival, we've taken all comments on board and hope we can make the festival one that you'll enjoy even more than the last.

The dates for this years festival will be Wednesday 25th - Sunday 29th July and we will be at the same venue, Fordhall Farm in Market Drayton, Shropshire. The tickets will be £35 in advance and £40 on the door, that will include most workshops, 4 nights camping, the shows and other entertainments during the festival

We have lots planned for this years festival, more areas to play in with the emphasis on getting everyone involved, we will have a proper go at the world record after last years attempt didn't go so well (although it does look awesome on video!!!) and of course the usual abundance of workshops to keep you all busy in the day.

We'll have two stages this year, the main stage/tent and and nice little caberet tent, a solar powered cinema, a PROPER bar & food tent and a few more folks selling the stuff you want to buy (even if you don't realise it yet! heheh)

New for this year will be the PLAY HOP Amateur Performance of the year. It's a little competition we've come up with that can be entered by anyone for any type of performance. No more than 4 minutes long with a cash prize for the winner and the chance to feature on the next PLAY DVD. As you might guess from the title the event is sponsored by HomeofPoi.com (who have proudly given us the prizes for our games over the last two years). More details will follow soon...

The DVD of last years festival will be out at some point, probably exactly at the time we plan it to come out wink Focusing more on spreading knowledge to learn the arts than the last DVD and we're sure it'll knock your socks off!

If you want to contact us about anything please email us at one of the following addresses:

info@playfestival.co.uk

comments@playfestival.co.uk

volunteers@playfestival.co.uk

traders@playfestival.co.uk

If anyone wants specific footage from last years festival please wait until after the DVD is out, Strugz & co are busy enough editing the full thing to start making cuts for people! Thanks smile

As my internet access is sporadic at best till my pc is up and running, I might not be able to reply to email straight away, if you want to talk to me about anything call me on 07814 018091 and if you don't get an answer LEAVE A VOICEMAIL!

Keep checking the website for the latest information and we'll send out newsletters as often as we can.

hugs & smiles

Dunc hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Unless someone brings stock cubes...

At least then you can say 'No! It's supposed to smell like that!'

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
hehehehe

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
ubblol garthy just wants to relive the naked hot-tubness that was apparantly at the firegathering - well annoyed i missed that! but i can imagine it getting pretty grimey seeing as that was three days and this is five - i wouldn't wanna go in on the last morning *shudder*

neon - stock cubes? i dunno about you but i know i don't smell of stock cubes, even after five days of not showering. unless that's your normal smell... a change of shower gel is maybe in order? tongue hug

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
maybe dave *likes* to smell 'beefy'

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Dave likes to sniff Ian botham? eek

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Not just you alone, but imagine 5 days of multiple hippies, all sweaty and grimy after day-long spinning, in and out of the tub, it's bound to all start stewing.

Or you could just say it's a meat tenderising process...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
well slow cooking like that does make the meat just slide off the bone...

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I wonder what would happen if we put an electric shock through it after 5 days of hippies and sunshine, would we create some sort of strange new Play life form? DNA from all of us creating some kind of super talented life form..?

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
or super stoned one ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Fire-spinning Plankton...?

addict
498 posts

Posted:
i can imagine some kind of mutated stock cube monster climbing out all intent on destoying the world and then giving up cause he can't be bothered and goes off to bum about - residual substances taking effect i guess.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ditto

With prices as cheap as that, and seeing cute girls in bikinis, it gets my vote! biggrin

So thats a bouncy castle AND a hot tub please organisers!

Strugz! Durbs! You taking notes?! biggrin

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
dont forget the karoke

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I have to say - the jacuzzi and sauna at Firegathering were wicked. Though the colour of the water on Sunday was a little rank. Imagine after 5 days! Remember, lots of "hippies" come to Play, and this'll be the first time they've been near water since they were 14 wink

Bouncy Castle has already been flatly refused as both a huge danger and a massive expense.

We can just bounce on Lexy's belly instead.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Durbs

Remember, lots of "hippies" come to Play, and this'll be the first time they've been near water since they were 14 wink

ubblol

addict
498 posts

Posted:
eek no bouncey castle?! devastated *shakes head*

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UnbearablyColdOrFreezing

With prices as cheap as that, and seeing cute girls in bikinis, it gets my vote! biggrin

And Cute Girls Without Bikinis. tongue biggrin

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Female nudity?
Hot bubbly water?

Mr Chutney wants you to say YES.

biggrin

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Ok well I've booked my ticket to PLay, and now I just need a ride up there and a flight back to England. For once, I might actually make it to this festival smile Who will i be able to catch up with when I'm there??

hug2

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I will need to email the organisers when I eventually get home as I am not sure when I will be able to pay for my ticket frown
But I want to come this year smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

addict
498 posts

Posted:
 Written by: garthy

Written by: UnbearablyColdOrFreezing

And Cute Girls Without Bikinis. tongue biggrin

Written by: Mr_Chutney

Female nudity?
Hot bubbly water?

Mr Chutney wants you to say YES.

biggrin

and do we get to see some male nudity? gotta give a little to get a little tongue

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
I'm sure mech and dunc will be able to handle that... wink

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Will.. Ill be there.. thats all you need to know ubblol

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
TLP: ditto! its only fair after all wink

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Ok UCOF - I'm liable to flying into the country pretty soon prior to arriving at the site. maybe you will be able to arrange some supplies??

And yes, I agree with the nudity. If I go naked, will two girls go naked too?

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

916 posts

Posted:
haha hex! is the reason you're saying that because you've seen two girls mention it??

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Maybe Will.. smile Cole might be good to ask too.. though I am positive it wont be a problem smile

I think "for every two girls that go naked, one man will too" is a superb idea ubbrollsmile ubblol

916 posts

Posted:
I have no doubt that you do think that UCOF! ubblol but since its not exactly equal, can we girls get something extra?

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
i was only saying it cos girls are pretty small whereas I am pretty big, so 2 girls for one of me, does that sound fair?
EDITED_BY: hexagonic (1179921598)

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"can we girls get something extra" - Isnt being oggled enough for you?

ubbangel

Page: ......