Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2007 25th - 29th July 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone and welcome to PLAY FESTIVAL 2007!!

Please forgive me for the lack of info, I have no computer to use and it'll be a few weeks more until I'm able to update it more often. I'll come back and put more up as and when I can.

Hopefully most of this info you'll have gotten from our newsletter, if not sign up to it on the website now! www.playfestival.co.uk

We had a wonderful 5 days last year and can only say that 2007 will be even better!

Thanks to everyone who came last year and who gave us feedback on what they thought of the festival, we've taken all comments on board and hope we can make the festival one that you'll enjoy even more than the last.

The dates for this years festival will be Wednesday 25th - Sunday 29th July and we will be at the same venue, Fordhall Farm in Market Drayton, Shropshire. The tickets will be £35 in advance and £40 on the door, that will include most workshops, 4 nights camping, the shows and other entertainments during the festival

We have lots planned for this years festival, more areas to play in with the emphasis on getting everyone involved, we will have a proper go at the world record after last years attempt didn't go so well (although it does look awesome on video!!!) and of course the usual abundance of workshops to keep you all busy in the day.

We'll have two stages this year, the main stage/tent and and nice little caberet tent, a solar powered cinema, a PROPER bar & food tent and a few more folks selling the stuff you want to buy (even if you don't realise it yet! heheh)

New for this year will be the PLAY HOP Amateur Performance of the year. It's a little competition we've come up with that can be entered by anyone for any type of performance. No more than 4 minutes long with a cash prize for the winner and the chance to feature on the next PLAY DVD. As you might guess from the title the event is sponsored by HomeofPoi.com (who have proudly given us the prizes for our games over the last two years). More details will follow soon...

The DVD of last years festival will be out at some point, probably exactly at the time we plan it to come out wink Focusing more on spreading knowledge to learn the arts than the last DVD and we're sure it'll knock your socks off!

If you want to contact us about anything please email us at one of the following addresses:

info@playfestival.co.uk

comments@playfestival.co.uk

volunteers@playfestival.co.uk

traders@playfestival.co.uk

If anyone wants specific footage from last years festival please wait until after the DVD is out, Strugz & co are busy enough editing the full thing to start making cuts for people! Thanks smile

As my internet access is sporadic at best till my pc is up and running, I might not be able to reply to email straight away, if you want to talk to me about anything call me on 07814 018091 and if you don't get an answer LEAVE A VOICEMAIL!

Keep checking the website for the latest information and we'll send out newsletters as often as we can.

hugs & smiles

Dunc hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
If I made a poi routine the world would split open. and rampaging flying monkeys would spill out the crack.

So I should really get on it then...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
yeah that would knock the socks off most poi routines. Bet you'd still get told to 'isolate it' though

Can I come down a couple of days early to work off some of my ticket before PLAY proper gets started?

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
So you pay for your ticket and if you're uber helpful you get it for free.

What happends if you crash a van? ubbangel

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
you have to make a DVD of PLAY, which people will nag you about perpetually until you finish it wink

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Sparklygreenfire*Green Spirit*
201 posts

Posted:
 Written by: garthy

So you pay for your ticket and if you're uber helpful you get it for free.

What happends if you crash a van? ubbangel

hahahahahaha biggrin Nice one!!

Sorry, wasn't there...but I heard all about it!! lol

Are you a robot...or an alien?

201 posts

Posted:
Is anyone taking their kids this year? Not been before and if I come I will have my 7yr old son with me.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Lots of people take their kids, even babies!

So many times I wanted to borrow someone's baby for isolations.

And one kid remarked how I was wearing the same shoes as his mum! (Hey Froggy! biggrin)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
I reckon theres a good chance a couple have been conceived at PLAY biggrin

There always seems to be telltale signs of practice anyway ... wink

No, really Sparklygreenfire, children aren't a problem- infact its probably a kids paradise- run around, throw things, be silly. Thats what all the adults are doing most of the time as well smile

201 posts

Posted:
Thanx Guys!! biggrin
Well, I know my son gets well into his spinning when he's surrounded by it...he's grown up around Strugz for a start, he can't watch him without wanting to play. He even has his own miniature doubles which (I think) were Strugz first attempt at making staffs? Correct me if I'm wrong Mr Strugnell? They're tiny...just the right size for Aidan to play with. He loves it, got quite good at it too...he just needs to pick it up again now the weathers back!!
Aidan is on one of the first Vids that were available for download on Soton fire site...can't remember which one tho?

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
good idea about the tickets Strugz.
I really enjoyed getting there first last year and helped set up, and going near last and helped take stuff down. It feels like you're getting double the festival! It's awesome smile

P.S- where's the dvd? wink

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
he did indeed Neon, bless him. I took both my boys last year (aged 5 and 12) they bloody well loved it. the only time we had tears was when we had to leave. I was very nervous about taking them as the idea of me and my two boys in a tent miles away from home scared me with the usual fears us parent have of " what happens if they play up"etc
they didn't infact i didn't have to tell them off once for the whole time. they kept themselves busy and within sight and had loads of fun.

are there going to be family tickets? i can not remember if i have asked or not

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
If I remember rightly froggy, the only ones you had to tell off were the older 'children' that were hangin around your tent half the time (myself included redface )

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
very very true ubblol

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
Do you need people to help set up this year if so i would be glad to volunteer same with the tidying up at the end i got nothing better to do so might as well give you guys a hand.

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

E_V_I_LMosh-mosh-mosh-mosh.
346 posts

Posted:
So ... where can I get a ticket then ? Still not on sale yet ? That's just cruel!

ARGHNESS!!!!

Xbox360 Live ID - Sacred Apollyon

"Enemies you threaten make armies. Enemies you destroy make graves."

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
what are the real dates for play? im confused, i reckon its either the 18th - 20th july or the 25th to 29th of july... this thread seems to say both. anyone know for sure... just trying to work out a few things....

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
The latter smile

25-29th July

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
cool beerchug

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
ticketts ould be soon...

else someone will get beaten up i suspect....

Step (el-nombrie)

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
The DVD, tickets, and anything else that you guys keep pestering about will all come in due time.

Just sit back, relax, wait, and be thankful that you dont have the rather large load of stuff to do that the organizers have to do at the momant!

meditate grouphug

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
wave Aimee, hope your gonna be there again this year, who else would I acrobalance and do weird 2 person 1 set of poi routines with confused

hug

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I remember that! I can still vaguely remember how it goes as well ubblol

Aw thats brought back lots of lovely memories biggrin

Will most certainly be there smile hug

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
bounce

where is the committee when you need them, i need to talk to a couple of them.......

Step (el-nombrie)

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Here tongue

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
I wanna be there!!!!!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
well, now you are here, what do you think

*shows durbs*

Step (el-nombrie)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
crap - is what i think ubbloco

(dude just looked and igonore the above comment - fookin wicked - seriously - well done, obviously need more stuff from us, but ....... in a nutshell :love)

Gabe please send us a cardboad cut out of you so we can hav you on th gate again this year! biggrin biggrin hug
EDITED_BY: strugz (1177582074)

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Aimée

I remember that! I can still vaguely remember how it goes as well ubblol

I cant confused You'll just have to remind me!

Written by: Aimée

Aw thats brought back lots of lovely memories biggrin

Will most certainly be there smile hug

ahh good times good times!! Can't wait biggrin biggrin

hug

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
hmm so what's this mystery proposal which is apparantly 'fooking wicked' and deserves a 'seriously - well done'? i'm very curious and if it doesn't involve a large paddling pool full of jelly i'll be very dissapointed!
ubbrollsmile

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Motley

I cant confused You'll just have to remind me!

Er...mini pendu thingy 1, 2, 3, 4....piroutetty thingy? behind the head pendulum....then some other bits..and another bit, then that took us back to the beginning.

See? Still fresh in my memory ubblol

Page: ......