Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2007 25th - 29th July 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone and welcome to PLAY FESTIVAL 2007!!

Please forgive me for the lack of info, I have no computer to use and it'll be a few weeks more until I'm able to update it more often. I'll come back and put more up as and when I can.

Hopefully most of this info you'll have gotten from our newsletter, if not sign up to it on the website now! www.playfestival.co.uk

We had a wonderful 5 days last year and can only say that 2007 will be even better!

Thanks to everyone who came last year and who gave us feedback on what they thought of the festival, we've taken all comments on board and hope we can make the festival one that you'll enjoy even more than the last.

The dates for this years festival will be Wednesday 25th - Sunday 29th July and we will be at the same venue, Fordhall Farm in Market Drayton, Shropshire. The tickets will be £35 in advance and £40 on the door, that will include most workshops, 4 nights camping, the shows and other entertainments during the festival

We have lots planned for this years festival, more areas to play in with the emphasis on getting everyone involved, we will have a proper go at the world record after last years attempt didn't go so well (although it does look awesome on video!!!) and of course the usual abundance of workshops to keep you all busy in the day.

We'll have two stages this year, the main stage/tent and and nice little caberet tent, a solar powered cinema, a PROPER bar & food tent and a few more folks selling the stuff you want to buy (even if you don't realise it yet! heheh)

New for this year will be the PLAY HOP Amateur Performance of the year. It's a little competition we've come up with that can be entered by anyone for any type of performance. No more than 4 minutes long with a cash prize for the winner and the chance to feature on the next PLAY DVD. As you might guess from the title the event is sponsored by HomeofPoi.com (who have proudly given us the prizes for our games over the last two years). More details will follow soon...

The DVD of last years festival will be out at some point, probably exactly at the time we plan it to come out wink Focusing more on spreading knowledge to learn the arts than the last DVD and we're sure it'll knock your socks off!

If you want to contact us about anything please email us at one of the following addresses:

info@playfestival.co.uk

comments@playfestival.co.uk

volunteers@playfestival.co.uk

traders@playfestival.co.uk

If anyone wants specific footage from last years festival please wait until after the DVD is out, Strugz & co are busy enough editing the full thing to start making cuts for people! Thanks smile

As my internet access is sporadic at best till my pc is up and running, I might not be able to reply to email straight away, if you want to talk to me about anything call me on 07814 018091 and if you don't get an answer LEAVE A VOICEMAIL!

Keep checking the website for the latest information and we'll send out newsletters as often as we can.

hugs & smiles

Dunc hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
thats ok

i have now added a world wide shipping option to the system, so that you can order a ticket from anywhere in the world.

Step (el-nombrie)

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
how long do tickets take to be posted out?

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
there arent actual tickets. you just come to the festival with your order number and some ID.

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
one of my mates had the order number 69 last year or at least that was the number on his wristband - he was well happy he got to walk around with it in his wrist for four days... bless rolleyes ...*devastated i didn't get it this year*

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Good number, George had a number 2 on her wrist all weekend last year ubblol

So many people coming ubbrollsmile and so many booked who's names I don't recognise! biggrin Lots of few people to play with (Hush yourself! not in the rude way, I'm a Dad you know! ubbangel )

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Yes Dunc... You the daddy... rolleyes

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
ubblol fathers day in 2 weeks dunc wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Poiboy

there arent actual tickets. you just come to the festival with your order number and some ID.

oh good...I was getting a bit worried for a minute there

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
he i sent my money off yesterday so i hope it will all sort itself out now

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

addict
498 posts

Posted:
well just checked train times and we should be getting their just in time for dinner biggrin yum yum! i wonder if they'll be more of that loverly, thick, warming lentil soup that greeted us last time... life saver on that chilly first evening!

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
maybe, I'll ask the chef smile

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
mmmmm..... soup....

personally, I'm looking forward to the organic sausage and bacon butties

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

addict
498 posts

Posted:
thanks dunc! biggrin

lazy angel you know its all about dinner from a tin and waiting for the best part of an hour for it to heat up on the unbelievably crap camping stove - that's what i'm looking forward to
rolleyes might give up on that pretty quick and just buy all my food from the stall - besides i'll have things to do, things to spin, people to see, tents to be invading etc etc biggrin

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
hmmm.. better off using your stove to make lots of tea and coffee... or cup a soups. Or cheesy beans ubblove

yeah, it saves sooo much time going to the stall. And the organic stuff is yummy!

Oh yeah and don't forget the elderflower and brown bread ice creams in the farm shop in the hot weather!

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
choc ice cream from the farm shop ubblove

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

addict
498 posts

Posted:
oh yeh the farm shop! forgot about that. i bought a really large, not so nice tasting bottle of the orange and carrot juice last year - it just tasted like earth with a hint of orange in the aftertaste. i tried to palm it off onto other people but they were having none of it! in the end i drunk the entire bottle really quickly for a pound... and then almost threw up. the pound was handy though! thanks steve wink next time the cranberry!

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
is it ok for me to be annoying and ask when is the DVD coming out? (strugz we love you hug tongue)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
 Written by: PLAY

The DVD will be released at the exact time we intend it to be

when ever that may be ubbangel ....and not to hint too heavily, but, look forward to a premier preview during the fest wink

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
I'm soooo gutted I'm going to be missing this, I know so many people who are going!

I guess being in South Africa will make up for it though...

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
aaah hh iii cant WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

i need to stand in a field with weverywhere i look be surrounded by beautiful spinners...

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

icklepurklegirlmember
116 posts

Posted:
So which manchester lot are going then, and hows everyone getting there?

And for the love of god...tell me there will be showers this year..please?

I smelt so bad on my way home last time...

-spinnin' to the rhythm of the new world order-

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
a bug in the shop has now been fixed, the registration error is resolved.

If you do not have a user name and password, or you are not registered to the site, and wish to buy a ticket, or dvd. when you go to the checkout, ow the shop will auto create you a user name and password and mail it out to you.

This means you will be able to log into the site, using the information provided in the email, once you have placed your order, and keep track of it.

It is done automatically, so that we can track your order as can you.

You do not need to pay a single thing to register with the site, nor to use any of the members features, its simply so that we can monitor your order more effectively.

The only think you will pay for on the website is the things you buy. the rest is footed by us.

thank you for your patience.

Step (el-nombrie)

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Thank you for your continued hard work Mech smile

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Definitely no PLAY for me This year.

My little sister is getting married on the 28th, and on the 29th I need to be in Germany.

Maybe next year.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
woot! thanks mech biggrin my dad was having some trouble ordering my ticket

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Ed, frown I shall miss you so much hug

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

addict
498 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Kit

aaah hh iii cant WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

i need to stand in a field with weverywhere i look be surrounded by beautiful spinners...

i hear that! is it a coincidence that spinners = lots of hot people? or is just that me and every other girl in nottingham are all deprived cause it's a 3 girls to every guy ratio? shrug VERY excited! bounce ubbrollsmile

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i hear that! is it a coincidence that spinners = lots of hot people?

why, thanks biggrin

Step (el-nombrie)

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TastesLikePurple

it's a 3 girls to every guy ratio?:

I like that ratio tongue

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Poiboy

Written by: TastesLikePurple

it's a 3 girls to every guy ratio?:

I like that ratio tongue

then, if its 3 to one, WHO THE HELL IS GETTING MINE!

frown

Step (el-nombrie)

Page: ......