• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2007 25th - 29th July 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 1...7071727374...87
Dunc
GOLD Member since Aug 2003

Dunc

playing the days away

Total posts: 7263
Posted:Hello everyone and welcome to PLAY FESTIVAL 2007!!

Please forgive me for the lack of info, I have no computer to use and it'll be a few weeks more until I'm able to update it more often. I'll come back and put more up as and when I can.

Hopefully most of this info you'll have gotten from our newsletter, if not sign up to it on the website now! www.playfestival.co.uk

We had a wonderful 5 days last year and can only say that 2007 will be even better!

Thanks to everyone who came last year and who gave us feedback on what they thought of the festival, we've taken all comments on board and hope we can make the festival one that you'll enjoy even more than the last.

The dates for this years festival will be Wednesday 25th - Sunday 29th July and we will be at the same venue, Fordhall Farm in Market Drayton, Shropshire. The tickets will be 35 in advance and 40 on the door, that will include most workshops, 4 nights camping, the shows and other entertainments during the festival

We have lots planned for this years festival, more areas to play in with the emphasis on getting everyone involved, we will have a proper go at the world record after last years attempt didn't go so well (although it does look awesome on video!!!) and of course the usual abundance of workshops to keep you all busy in the day.

We'll have two stages this year, the main stage/tent and and nice little caberet tent, a solar powered cinema, a PROPER bar & food tent and a few more folks selling the stuff you want to buy (even if you don't realise it yet! heheh)

New for this year will be the PLAY HOP Amateur Performance of the year. It's a little competition we've come up with that can be entered by anyone for any type of performance. No more than 4 minutes long with a cash prize for the winner and the chance to feature on the next PLAY DVD. As you might guess from the title the event is sponsored by HomeofPoi.com (who have proudly given us the prizes for our games over the last two years). More details will follow soon...

The DVD of last years festival will be out at some point, probably exactly at the time we plan it to come out wink Focusing more on spreading knowledge to learn the arts than the last DVD and we're sure it'll knock your socks off!

If you want to contact us about anything please email us at one of the following addresses:

info@playfestival.co.uk

comments@playfestival.co.uk

volunteers@playfestival.co.uk

traders@playfestival.co.uk

If anyone wants specific footage from last years festival please wait until after the DVD is out, Strugz & co are busy enough editing the full thing to start making cuts for people! Thanks smile

As my internet access is sporadic at best till my pc is up and running, I might not be able to reply to email straight away, if you want to talk to me about anything call me on 07814 018091 and if you don't get an answer LEAVE A VOICEMAIL!

Keep checking the website for the latest information and we'll send out newsletters as often as we can.

hugs & smiles

Dunc hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Delete Topic

Glåss
DIAMOND Member since Nov 2001

Glåss

The Ministry of Manipulation

Total posts: 2523
Posted:Some pictures up here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/drewandmithi/sets/72157601097174470/
or veiw as a slide show: http://www.flickr.com/photos/drewandmithi/sets/72157601097174470/show/

Now then lets take a look at this:

Non-Https Image Link

That's justice for you. Insult us with sign language, and we will use the force of Nature upon you. biggrin hug

Thanks everyone for an amazing Play.
hug

Delete

steaks
SILVER Member since Dec 2005

steaks

former manc tour guide

Total posts: 1909
Posted:Huge thanks to everyone involved in this for making it happen and making it such an enjoyable event.
I had a wonderful time and met so many amazing people, some I have met before, some I hadn't. Huge hug's to everyone.

But anyone have any Idea how I might have bruised my ribs on either Saturday or Sunday? They are pretty damn sore and I have no idea how I might have done it confused

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Delete

mech
BRONZE Member since Jun 2003

mech

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 6207
Posted: Written by: Glss

Some pictures up here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/drewandmithi/sets/72157601097174470/

or veiw as a slide show: http://www.flickr.com/photos/drewandmithi/sets/72157601097174470/show/

Non-Https Image Link

That's justice for you. Insult us with sign language, and we will use the force of Nature upon you. biggrin hug

hug

#

but did you really have to have so many pics of me abusing chuckney and his massive TATS!

Non-Https Image Link

Step (el-nombrie)

Delete

Lizzybeth

Lizzybeth

Lizzy hearts sunshine hoop

Total posts: 272
Posted:were you playing with hoops at any point? i have bruising all the way down one side of my body from hoops. either that or you had a really good night wink

if i could be a busy busy bee...

Delete

rin_666
SILVER Member since Jul 2006

rin_666

enthusiast

Total posts: 223
Posted: Written by: Glss

Non-Https Image Link

hug

BWAHAHAHAHA that was so funny! Mother nature has a killer sense of timing! Thanks everyone for an aamazing play it was my first time and I cna not wait until next year for the next one...all ready on the come down which is a bugger, roll on 2008!!!

Delete

mech

mech

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted:wait a min, who are you rin?

Step (el-nombrie)

Delete

Wild Child
SILVER Member since Sep 2004

Wild Child

Star Trekker

Total posts: 1733
Posted:*sighs contentedly*

hughughughug to all you guys who worked so hard for so long plus all the others who worked so hard at the event - even mech (I'm only being nice cos he paid me a compliment wink )

A truly chilled out, educational, inspirational, entertaining 5 days.

help Did anyone find a grey knitted hat with a very long tail? It's a fave and would love to get it back frown

not enough to dampen the memories tho' biggrin

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Delete

Durbs
BRONZE Member since Sep 2001

Durbs

Classically British

Total posts: 5688
Posted:Ah yes - well reminded, this'll be a running list, so please copy & paste if you've lost/found anything smile

Lost

~ Grey knitted hat with a very long tail (Wild Child)

Found

~ Camera battery w/ charger (In Acoustic tent)

All Tom could remember was it was "someone from the London crowd" so i've got it at the moment. PM me with details of what it is and if I believe you, you'll get it back wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

Wild Child
SILVER Member since Sep 2004

Wild Child

Star Trekker

Total posts: 1733
Posted:Thanx Durbs hug

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Delete

jo_rhymes
SILVER Member since Apr 2005

jo_rhymes

Momma Bear

Total posts: 4525
Posted:Elaine, it was so lovely to see you again!! hug AND it was so good to see everyone at Play!! bounce

I am still bouncing and feeling fantastic in the play afterglow!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Delete

simta
BRONZE Member since Apr 2006

simta

compfuzzled

Total posts: 1182
Posted:well got back yesterday afternoon, and so tired!

thank you to everyone, dunc,rob,strugz,durbs,ros, all the other crew

thanks to everyone who made my birthday at play so incredible (id like to say unforgettable but i was pissed so words like that are too hard) rolleyes

thank you to people who worked on the gate with me, and to everyone else that would wander past and come n chat hug

absolutely incredible time, see you all soon

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

Delete

mech

mech

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted: Written by: Durbs

Found
~ Camera battery w/ charger (In Acoustic tent)

that would be mine.

there will be a lost and found thread going up on playfestival.co.uk tonight, when i get chance smile

Step (el-nombrie)

Delete

Domino
SILVER Member since May 2004

UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey

Total posts: 757
Posted:Ah.. back in my own bed.

Play rocked. I think everything I could say has already been said so I'll just keep it to Thanks, and roll on next year. smile

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

Delete

rin_666
SILVER Member since Jul 2006

rin_666

enthusiast

Total posts: 223
Posted: Written by: mech

wait a min, who are you rin?

I was sat there when the tent spilled all over you after you signed at sym and told you you were signing father instead of mother

Delete

WiNgZ

Total posts: 19
Posted:hey people thanks for the amazing play it was so much fun. i will try and get some pics up as soon as i can:D

i loved all the fire shows. well done chimeara for performing in the rain. it looked amazing and special well done for doing it on kangaroo stilts on the wet grass. it looked so tricky.

my restless soul is longing, no pain remainds no feeling, eturnity awaits

Delete

mech

mech

Carpal \'Tunnel

Posted: Written by: rin_666

Written by: mech

wait a min, who are you rin?

I was sat there when the tent spilled all over you after you signed at sym and told you you were signing father instead of mother

ok, still no idea..any chance of a picture to match to the face please?

Step (el-nombrie)

Delete

TastesLikePurple
GOLD Member since Aug 2005

TastesLikePurple

addict

Total posts: 498
Posted:ok so just realised that some mysterious person has taken a video of one of the acts of the HoP amateur show on my camera, but it was taken with the camera upright so, now i've uploaded it onto my comp, whenever i want to look at it i have to tilt my head, which understandably is quite annoying. just wondering if i can rotate it like you can with pics? i've tried looking for such a function but am having no luck frown

if anyone more computer literate than me has any idea how i can do this please pm me smile cheers

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

Delete

Fractos

Fractos

Dirty Fire Project

Total posts: 133
Posted:Two weeks of camping == sore everything. I felt like I needed a holiday after going to Glade, and Play definitely provided that!

Thanks for being such a friendly, talented, almost tireless bunch of randoms smile

It makes a hell of a difference knowing a few of you; and now that I know a load more people - I really hope that the trend continues as you're all quality. Crazy, but quality biggrin

Brilliant festival, brilliant atmosphere. I really need to remember the lesson that festivals (especially Play) are always better if you arrive earlier. I'll definitely do that next time and would definitely be interested in helping out.

Highlights (for 'highlights' read 'what i can remember') :

- Anti's show on Friday

- The staff piece by the guy from Fen Fire

- Chimera fire show (great show, shame about the weather!)

- Getting really massively glittered (cheers Shonti wink )

- Not being moved on from being passed out in the main tent (probably just as well as I was a drunken mess)

- Asking Rob if anyone had called his scalp wound a 'ninjury' yet

- Yelling 'Timmy!' far too much

- Finding out my waterproof was no longer proof of water

- Joining everyone in the other tent for the Joe Driscoll gig. That was brilliant smile)

I've only got a few pictures from Play, and I would've had a decent video of some of the Chimera show but it turned out that I took about a 2 minute film of my own hand. Damn it.

I very much hope to see you all again at the very least at next year's Play smile

Massive hugs

~Adam

EDITED_BY: Fractos (1185806799)

oOo
You see, you already know circle-theory,
you just don't *know* that you know.

Delete

duballstar
SILVER Member since Sep 2003

duballstar

slack rating - 9.5

Total posts: 2216
Posted:Wow... well that more than made up for missing most of last year being sick. How much fun can you have in a field? biggrin:

I've come away from it feeling that I haven't played enough though. I want more time! Somehow I missed most of the workshops while practicing for shows or just chatting to people. I did, however, manage to learn some Tai Chi (thanks Keith) and watched a lot of other people learning things.

I was also thoroughly entertained and complteley gobsmacked by the quality of performance in the shows. eek Well done to everyone in Fappy, that was really fun to take part in and everyone rocked it proper - despite only having an afternoon to get ready! Fenfire were brilliant - it was great to meet those of you I hadn't already - you're all lovely. Also big up to Anti and the Ninjas. After waiting so long to see their show, Chimeara completely blew me away. That was so ambitious and fantastic, especially considering the rain. The main show was also incredible. Meg, Nx?, Durbs, Will and Sebastian were awesome and Steve was hilarious.

Favourite bits that I can remember:

Getting there early, sleeping in the dome and seeing everyone turn up

Partying on Wendnesday night

Practicing my moves for Fappy in the main tent with an ipod on and getting lots of funny looks - then actually doing it in front of people

The party at Toms van with all the Glow toys

Kev's cocktails

Doing acro

Drew's kites

Watching the shows

Brief Yoga boost with Ros and Flameboy in the dome

Seeing Oli and Nson's shadows while spinning in tents

The sunrise nature trail - "Hippies in the mist"

Watching piglets while brushing my teeth every morning

Recruiting and training a Goblin Horde

Spinning in the dome with G, Olive, Julliet and Evan on Sat night

Playing in the Sun with everyone

Finishing the nature trail on Sunday

Meeting lots of new peeps and catching up with old friends

Edit: How could I forget Darkstate, Joe Driscoll and Wobbly Squadron!!? Badass...

Pictures of all the farm animals here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9068535@N04/sets/72157601100086014/

Huge thanks to everyone involved... bring on 2008!

biggrin peace bounce ubbloco sunny juggle cool ubbrollsmile weavesmiley grouphug biggrin

EDITED_BY: duballstar (1185820109)

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Delete

Yakumo
SILVER Member since May 2006

Yakumo

veteran

Total posts: 1237
Posted:TastesLikePurple - what format is the movie in ? if it's a quicktime .mov and your using the official quicktime player :

goto the 'movie' menu and down to 'movie properties'
select 'video track' on the left side of the pop up menu.
then on select 'size' on the right hand side of that menu
you can then rotate, etc. with the buttons on the bottom, you can then just save it under the file menu, I'd suggest saving it to a new filename just in case something goes wrong though, so you don't lose your original.

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

Delete

TheBovrilMonkey
SILVER Member since Sep 2001

TheBovrilMonkey

Liquid Cow

Total posts: 2629
Posted:I've put some photos up here.
Hopefully it's a public album - let me know if it's limited to people in my friends list.

I had a fantastic time over the festival biggrin

Too many highlights to mention and the only thing that would have made it better is waterproof flooring in the tents (cold, wet feet aren't fun), but who'd have thought we'd need them in July?

Looking forward to next year smile

Oh, and thanks to everyone who sang happy birthday at the games on Saturday hug

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Delete

duballstar

duballstar

slack rating - 9.5

Posted:Wicked photos Bov - They're really good! I like Drew's as well... smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Delete

TastesLikePurple

TastesLikePurple

addict

Posted:yakumo i think it's wmv format but if i'm honest i haven't the slightest clue!

Delete

TastesLikePurple

TastesLikePurple

addict

Posted:hey my flapjack featured on your photos chris wink mmm flapjack...must make more

Delete

duballstar

duballstar

slack rating - 9.5

Posted:Mmmm... and bring them to me. And brownies. Thank you for that, it was dead tasty... ubbrollsmile

Delete

Bubbles_
SILVER Member since Nov 2004

Bubbles_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3383
Posted:i miss play frown

the pics are awsome! brings back wicked memorys smile

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Delete

TastesLikePurple

TastesLikePurple

addict

Posted:yeh it was a shame you missed out on the brownies - they were definately the better choice, yum yum! but then if mech hadn't taken more than his fair share then you might have got some - blame his greed

oh and btw, thank you for catching me before i fell on all those rather painful looking music stands on thursday thankx, that could've ended rather badly...

Delete

monserat
SILVER Member since Apr 2006

monserat

My flabber is gasted

Total posts: 737
Posted:With the risk of repeating everything that's been said above ... that was brilliant!!! biggrin

Thanks and well done to all the organisers and volunteers that kept everything running, thanks to anyone who taught me something and hugs and love to everyone I met, talked to, shared drinks with, laughed with and smoked with hug hug hug

roll on Play 2008 indeed...

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

Delete

Bubbles_
SILVER Member since Nov 2004

Bubbles_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3383
Posted:ok so i didnt get many pics but heres mine smile
oh and a bit blurry.... nothing to do with alcohol im sure wink

picys

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Delete

Gayle......!
SILVER Member since Jul 2004

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 2444
Posted:Play rocked. biggrin
Lots.

My Highlights:

Jacques Cider smile
Glitter
Matty B's bum
Drunken Drew
Late night drunken boob wrestling
Beatboxing
FenFire's show...Good work guys!
Breakdancing
Getting to judge PHAPPY
Performing in the rain and loving it
Pimms
Bacon
Bams' Shmiky
Mags singing "I will survive" and "Another Mans Cause"
Nipple tassles
Steve Mischief
David Bowie and the Goblins
Sandy keeping his clothes on
Toast fire routine (wiggle baby! biggrin)
and a UCOF cooked breakfast

Gayle.....!

Delete

Page: 1...7071727374...87