Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2007 25th - 29th July 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone and welcome to PLAY FESTIVAL 2007!!

Please forgive me for the lack of info, I have no computer to use and it'll be a few weeks more until I'm able to update it more often. I'll come back and put more up as and when I can.

Hopefully most of this info you'll have gotten from our newsletter, if not sign up to it on the website now! www.playfestival.co.uk

We had a wonderful 5 days last year and can only say that 2007 will be even better!

Thanks to everyone who came last year and who gave us feedback on what they thought of the festival, we've taken all comments on board and hope we can make the festival one that you'll enjoy even more than the last.

The dates for this years festival will be Wednesday 25th - Sunday 29th July and we will be at the same venue, Fordhall Farm in Market Drayton, Shropshire. The tickets will be £35 in advance and £40 on the door, that will include most workshops, 4 nights camping, the shows and other entertainments during the festival

We have lots planned for this years festival, more areas to play in with the emphasis on getting everyone involved, we will have a proper go at the world record after last years attempt didn't go so well (although it does look awesome on video!!!) and of course the usual abundance of workshops to keep you all busy in the day.

We'll have two stages this year, the main stage/tent and and nice little caberet tent, a solar powered cinema, a PROPER bar & food tent and a few more folks selling the stuff you want to buy (even if you don't realise it yet! heheh)

New for this year will be the PLAY HOP Amateur Performance of the year. It's a little competition we've come up with that can be entered by anyone for any type of performance. No more than 4 minutes long with a cash prize for the winner and the chance to feature on the next PLAY DVD. As you might guess from the title the event is sponsored by HomeofPoi.com (who have proudly given us the prizes for our games over the last two years). More details will follow soon...

The DVD of last years festival will be out at some point, probably exactly at the time we plan it to come out wink Focusing more on spreading knowledge to learn the arts than the last DVD and we're sure it'll knock your socks off!

If you want to contact us about anything please email us at one of the following addresses:

info@playfestival.co.uk

comments@playfestival.co.uk

volunteers@playfestival.co.uk

traders@playfestival.co.uk

If anyone wants specific footage from last years festival please wait until after the DVD is out, Strugz & co are busy enough editing the full thing to start making cuts for people! Thanks smile

As my internet access is sporadic at best till my pc is up and running, I might not be able to reply to email straight away, if you want to talk to me about anything call me on 07814 018091 and if you don't get an answer LEAVE A VOICEMAIL!

Keep checking the website for the latest information and we'll send out newsletters as often as we can.

hugs & smiles

Dunc hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Ah man, that's a goody - there's even sunshine when Bubbles n me arrive tomorrow sunny Woohoo - we'll get set-up in the dry biggrin

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
me too! i wasn't looking forward to setting up in the miserable rain with everything getting wet and then not drying out all weekend - but sunshine! yey! sunny

hehe this time tomorrow me and amy should've met noodles and be on our way from birmingham!!! can't wait!! and i'm really pleased cause everything seems to have fit in my bag! biggrin

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
 Written by: jo_rhymes

If anyone can offer me a lift from Newbury/Reading area I would be very grateful x

*puts up hand* its all sorted, I can pick you up from Newbury tomorrow midday ish!

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TastesLikePurple

and i'm really pleased cause everything seems to have fit in my bag! biggrin

uh oh - that's not good, you should have at least 50% more than fits - it's the lore wink

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
 Written by: PinkNigel

Don't want to go getting everyone unduly optimistic or owt, but if you're quick (as in before the forecast changes again) there's a most welcome symbol for Friday afternoon on this weather site:
https://metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/7days.asp?zipcode=tf9%203ps

Had a look at some of the weather cam pix - Stafford one didn't work so next nearest was Bridgenorth EEp! eek It's 30 miles south of Market Drayton, but gives you pause for thought....

(I like this site, it has pretty little animated things for the weather. Kinda odd that the clouds all move in the same direction whatever they're forecasting for wind direction though...)

Euonymous Europeus

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
What a difference a sunny day can make- P and Demi ARE now coming!

No nose pinching necessary... actually maybe he does deserve it anyway for being a pain in the bum and stressing me out!!

Gah! need to go do extra packing now....

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
does that mean you're bringing big tent? bounce

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
Yes! smile

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Anyone got any advice on driving up
WildChild seemed to indictae that there was maybe some problems south of MD. Im heading up tomo0rroow and have had enough of floods!! - any help?
Word from the site is.....its pretty dry actually!!
No underlying water, little if any mud and no squelch
Thats gotta be good!!

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

penwingnewbie
26 posts

Posted:
I think I'm packed now... why does one person always seem to have twice the stuff of two people? And where am I going to put my wash kit and the big bag of sweets I've got to sort out?

I think I'm bringing too much but just don't know. Oh well, I can carry it all - just ran out of shoulders for the rucksacks so had to get out the pull along sports bag. It'll all fit on the Playbus right?

Alex
x x

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
i've packed and repacked and packed again.. I always take way too much stuff for me to carry on my own.. ho hum smile

see you tmorrow people.. car is packed for an early get away.. lets hope the sun holds!

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
The tent is fine!
It was my friends aparant lack of tent erecting skills that was making it rubbish.

I've just been shopping and bought some wellies, and a waterproof picnic blanket.

Best start packing soon. I 'unpacked' my rucksack from the weekend by emptying it onto my bedroom floor...just got to scoop it all back in again ubblol

Beautiful susnhine here in Hastings. Put me in a well bouncy mood.
*squee* excitedness! bounce

FixxGOLD Member
25 posts

Posted:
Hope you all have a great time!

I was planning on coming, but work have said I have to stay frown

On the plus side, i'll be watching Scissor Sisters from a VIP box on Satuday at the new O2 arena ubbrollsmile

Hope the weather holds out for you all!

"If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space"

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
bit of an URGENT request:

Could anybody who's driving down from the north of england or scotland, and has a biggish car or a van, PM me please? Tis not for me, I am acting as an intermediary for the Play Organisers and they needs your help. so PLEASE! Thanks.

Meg

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

penwingnewbie
26 posts

Posted:
Out of interest, those of you who've used the Play Bus in the past, is it bleeding obvious? Am I going to regret asking this question when I get to Wellington Station and see the mass of HoPpers/PLaYers sticking out like a sore thumb and a big brightly coloured bus with streamers and stuff?

Alex
x x

[noodles]*Property of Pigeon Wigeon*
893 posts

Posted:
It was a paintball minibus last year. Not sure of this years vehicle tho

Could somebody stop the room please... I'd like to get off

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Penwing..
Im 50% fairly sure it may just very well possibly almost maybe be the only minibus in the car park. biggrin

Just look for the sticks.
And the smiles.

penwingnewbie
26 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UnderControlOrFailure

Penwing..
Im 50% fairly sure it may just very well possibly almost maybe be the only minibus in the car park. biggrin

I think you may have missed some qualifiers there 8-)

Alex
x x

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
i think it's funny how people keep saying, quite optimistically, that the ground isn't squelchy, and it's actually quite dry... no-one seems to have taken into account that there hasn't been 400 people on there churning it up yet! - just wait till thursday afternoon people! tongue at least tent pitching won't be too messy - not looking forward to taking it down though!

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

Antmember
3 posts

Posted:
needing a lift from south west london, any time after late weds afternoon, please help!
thanks!
ant

The future's bright!

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
just waiting for my clothes from eastern haze to finish tumble drying and they're heading straight back into my backpack biggrin even more excited about this festival!!!

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
No there arent going to be 400 feet trampling about - were all gonna be floating on sunshine, or good vibes, or really good drugs - you know the ones that make you float, you know those anti-sinking ones. Ermm well anyway the grounds not gonna get trampled. It may get churned from all the dropped props but not trampled!!

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
I can't bloody sleep! I am far too exited AND I have Blu and Baby Lee arriving ANY SECOND!!!

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
All packed. Ready to go.
Ignoring the warnings about floods on national rail website and just going to hope for the best.

If everything goes to plan should reach wellington at about 10 to 4 smile bounce

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Are we gonna be flooded? I'm gonna be there very late tonight, as long as I don't get lost. smile

See y'all in a bit.

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
I've been ill for the last ~four days.. feeling a bit better today though so I'm thinking I'll head over either late this evening or (more likely) early tomorrow morning..

Yay, PLAY!!!

Cake or Death?

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
T minus 1 hour to departure just have to buy baccy, skins and a coat and we're away see you all about 1ish biggrin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
All ready to go.
Just waiting for dad to pick me up and take me to the station.

biggrin

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
Just waiting for my taxi now...waiting to get to the train station and then having the sudden realisation that I've forgotten something really really really important...as the train pulls away from the station

penwingnewbie
26 posts

Posted:
3 hours 'til my train leaves. Gotta lug my kit across town - that'll be real good fun 8-). I got my matches, I got my wash kit. My lights are charging. I think I'm ready. Ish.

Alex
x x

Page: ......