Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2007 25th - 29th July 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone and welcome to PLAY FESTIVAL 2007!!

Please forgive me for the lack of info, I have no computer to use and it'll be a few weeks more until I'm able to update it more often. I'll come back and put more up as and when I can.

Hopefully most of this info you'll have gotten from our newsletter, if not sign up to it on the website now! www.playfestival.co.uk

We had a wonderful 5 days last year and can only say that 2007 will be even better!

Thanks to everyone who came last year and who gave us feedback on what they thought of the festival, we've taken all comments on board and hope we can make the festival one that you'll enjoy even more than the last.

The dates for this years festival will be Wednesday 25th - Sunday 29th July and we will be at the same venue, Fordhall Farm in Market Drayton, Shropshire. The tickets will be £35 in advance and £40 on the door, that will include most workshops, 4 nights camping, the shows and other entertainments during the festival

We have lots planned for this years festival, more areas to play in with the emphasis on getting everyone involved, we will have a proper go at the world record after last years attempt didn't go so well (although it does look awesome on video!!!) and of course the usual abundance of workshops to keep you all busy in the day.

We'll have two stages this year, the main stage/tent and and nice little caberet tent, a solar powered cinema, a PROPER bar & food tent and a few more folks selling the stuff you want to buy (even if you don't realise it yet! heheh)

New for this year will be the PLAY HOP Amateur Performance of the year. It's a little competition we've come up with that can be entered by anyone for any type of performance. No more than 4 minutes long with a cash prize for the winner and the chance to feature on the next PLAY DVD. As you might guess from the title the event is sponsored by HomeofPoi.com (who have proudly given us the prizes for our games over the last two years). More details will follow soon...

The DVD of last years festival will be out at some point, probably exactly at the time we plan it to come out wink Focusing more on spreading knowledge to learn the arts than the last DVD and we're sure it'll knock your socks off!

If you want to contact us about anything please email us at one of the following addresses:

info@playfestival.co.uk

comments@playfestival.co.uk

volunteers@playfestival.co.uk

traders@playfestival.co.uk

If anyone wants specific footage from last years festival please wait until after the DVD is out, Strugz & co are busy enough editing the full thing to start making cuts for people! Thanks smile

As my internet access is sporadic at best till my pc is up and running, I might not be able to reply to email straight away, if you want to talk to me about anything call me on 07814 018091 and if you don't get an answer LEAVE A VOICEMAIL!

Keep checking the website for the latest information and we'll send out newsletters as often as we can.

hugs & smiles

Dunc hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I'm wetting my pants with excitment already bounce

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
yaaaaaaaay!!! bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 Woooooop!!!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

asphyxiastranger
13 posts

Posted:
Hands up who's up for a charity fire walk over smouldering hot coals??

*runs to book the week off work* biggrin

V.xx

Amor Vincit Omnia

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Dunc

...and a few more folks selling the stuff you want to buy (even if you don't realise it yet! heheh)

How true. Never thought I would be interested in fire-staff until I picked one up at the Tapooka stall at Play 2006. Now I am a converted Staffer and am in the process of building my own. Roll on Play2007!!!
EDITED_BY: Lowan (1171239253)

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Whoooooo!

Dunc is slacker than meee!

ubblol

took your time dude..... DVD is sooo coming together.... 3 vids down and 2 to go...... i think wink

will keep posted..... still aiming March biggrin

PLAY 2007 = uber sweeeeeeet! weavesmiley

ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
See you there guys! I'll be back just in time for this now due to a few drastic changes over here. Any way I can help guys....you know I'm there! hug

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
I am turning down a gig to come this year now you lot shouold feel privlaged lol....

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I dig play, we dig play, chicks dig play! nice. wink

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
woooo!

im coming again this year =] probably with some more freinds.

and count us in for the competition smile

Written by:

that will include most workshops

does that mean that some workshops cost money? how much?
EDITED_BY: Poiboy (1171280964)

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
mmmmm i wonder will i be able to make it??

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
 Written by: poiboy

does that mean that some workshops cost money? how much?

No it means some workshops might cost a few pounds depending on what they are. We will hopefully have more than solely object manipulation dedicated workshops, there will be healing, kids entertainments and lots of others that might need a donation to cover the expenses of the workshop hosts especially as this is often their only form of income.

But don't worry, the majority will be free as always thanks to the wonderful contributions made by those who come to PLAY smile

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
bounce

Time off booked and looking forward to it.. may just enter the comp you have going dunc I enjoyed winning a prize last year ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: 87wt2gxq7

can't come ubbcrying

Is it really going to be this weekend every year from now on?

ditto: frown

i would dearly love to come to play again but.................for the next 4 years i'm an eastern haze bitch ubblol

if these dates remain the same each year i fear i wont be able to play at play:(

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
YES!!! ITS IN JULY!!! I CAN COME!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Maus - I want my Buff back! Grrrr

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I want your Buff Back too... biggrin

(Maybe if I started working out again...)

Oh come on you were asking for that one!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
AHHHH!!!! Thats the weekend of my 21st! - I'm gonna be all growed up! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
hang on a second eek these aren't the dates that strugz told us about earlier frown he told us 25-29th...

I have the wrong time booked off and may not be able to get these dates as most of the people in my office have put in for their summer holidays already.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
ditto

Good point, Strugz kept on saying it was the week before EJC...
But it ain't.

Strugz.
You're an idoit

smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Yeah, same here - I've already got the week after this booked off, and I'm not sure I'll be able to change it now frown

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

daisylouBRONZE Member
la di da di da
147 posts

Posted:
i cant come either i dont think. already have 14 days booked off work for other festies from 22nd. shame! am yet to make a PLAY

just a crazee daisy living in a crazy world

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Yeah i have planned lots of things around the weekend of 29th frown

Oh no! Also clashes with the Glade :'(
EDITED_BY: Pink...? (1171306842)

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
*temporary fear reliever*

Having just spoken to Strugz, he's as surprised as everyone else at the new date, especially given as he has an e-mail from Mr Dunc saying it's going to be the 25-29th.

We'll probably find out in a few minutes smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
**OFFICIAL DATES**

Dunc made a boo-boo when putting the dates up (but doesn't hace internet access at the moment so can't change his post).

The proper dates are:
25th - 29th July
i.e. the week before the EJC and the week after Glade (not a bad 3 weeks all-in-all wink )

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Indeed you will

*coughs*

It seems that there was a tiny technical error with the date and it is indeed 25th-29th July. I blame the computer and my dislexic keyboard who didn't type the date that I told it to type wink

I should admit the error was my fault entirely, and indeed it is, but if you feel you have to continue to blame Strugz please carry on, he doesn't mind, really, he was just telling me that he likes taking the blame on my behalf so away you go...

ubbangel

wink devil

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Dunc, you're a moron wink ubblol

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
W00ty McW00tW00t, that means I have the right dates booked off work and the saturday of Play is my birthday biggrin

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
welll thats good means i might be able to do the gig as well... Hmmm... Do u want any begginers workshop people dunc?

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Dunc Re. Workshops

there will be healing

You mean like, First Aid?

bounce

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
So then... Can I play some tunes this year please? I'll actually take the box out of my car this time rolleyes

Can I also volunteer to keep strugs away from any motorised vehicles for the safety of the local buildings? wink

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
ubblol phew glad that's sorted biggrin

just upset someone in my office, they wanted me to change my dates so they could go to global gathering the same weekend but NO...it's PLAY for ME bounce

Page: ...