Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2007 25th - 29th July 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone and welcome to PLAY FESTIVAL 2007!!

Please forgive me for the lack of info, I have no computer to use and it'll be a few weeks more until I'm able to update it more often. I'll come back and put more up as and when I can.

Hopefully most of this info you'll have gotten from our newsletter, if not sign up to it on the website now! www.playfestival.co.uk

We had a wonderful 5 days last year and can only say that 2007 will be even better!

Thanks to everyone who came last year and who gave us feedback on what they thought of the festival, we've taken all comments on board and hope we can make the festival one that you'll enjoy even more than the last.

The dates for this years festival will be Wednesday 25th - Sunday 29th July and we will be at the same venue, Fordhall Farm in Market Drayton, Shropshire. The tickets will be £35 in advance and £40 on the door, that will include most workshops, 4 nights camping, the shows and other entertainments during the festival

We have lots planned for this years festival, more areas to play in with the emphasis on getting everyone involved, we will have a proper go at the world record after last years attempt didn't go so well (although it does look awesome on video!!!) and of course the usual abundance of workshops to keep you all busy in the day.

We'll have two stages this year, the main stage/tent and and nice little caberet tent, a solar powered cinema, a PROPER bar & food tent and a few more folks selling the stuff you want to buy (even if you don't realise it yet! heheh)

New for this year will be the PLAY HOP Amateur Performance of the year. It's a little competition we've come up with that can be entered by anyone for any type of performance. No more than 4 minutes long with a cash prize for the winner and the chance to feature on the next PLAY DVD. As you might guess from the title the event is sponsored by HomeofPoi.com (who have proudly given us the prizes for our games over the last two years). More details will follow soon...

The DVD of last years festival will be out at some point, probably exactly at the time we plan it to come out wink Focusing more on spreading knowledge to learn the arts than the last DVD and we're sure it'll knock your socks off!

If you want to contact us about anything please email us at one of the following addresses:

info@playfestival.co.uk

comments@playfestival.co.uk

volunteers@playfestival.co.uk

traders@playfestival.co.uk

If anyone wants specific footage from last years festival please wait until after the DVD is out, Strugz & co are busy enough editing the full thing to start making cuts for people! Thanks smile

As my internet access is sporadic at best till my pc is up and running, I might not be able to reply to email straight away, if you want to talk to me about anything call me on 07814 018091 and if you don't get an answer LEAVE A VOICEMAIL!

Keep checking the website for the latest information and we'll send out newsletters as often as we can.

hugs & smiles

Dunc hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

E_V_I_LMosh-mosh-mosh-mosh.
346 posts

Posted:
Thank god I didn't say anything else. I was hammmmmmered beyond belief. I spent many years not drinking and being the designated driver all the time, only recently have I been drinking again - as of yet I haven't learnt not to text or surf the web whilst drunk ... gets me into lots of badness.

What I meant to say was - Only thing to beat it (A bouncy castle) are those inflatable sumo-suits. They're like a bouncy castle you carry on you !

But ... sumo-suits AND a bouncy castle ? Oh, that be all sorts of non-sexual body slamming fun !

Xbox360 Live ID - Sacred Apollyon

"Enemies you threaten make armies. Enemies you destroy make graves."

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
It would wouldn't it? i may have to start campaigning for a bouncy castle for Play. considering the huge popularity of bouncy castles i feel i may do well tongue

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Bouncy Castle + Mech= lives lost, dignity destroyed.

Other than that I think its a brilliant idea wink

346 posts

Posted:
Bouncy Caslte and Mech .... as in Mecha ?

Great, now I have the mental image of attending play to see Transformers, Battletech and various anime Mechs all giggling like children on a bouncy castle.

Not what I needed. Get out of my head you silly images !

TastesLikePurple - Do it ! I'll back ya !

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
ubblol

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
i wonder what poi spinners can do with a bouncy castle wink umm

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Evil- no not as in robots, more as in Mech

We love him really biggrin

346 posts

Posted:
Ah .... not sure which to be more disturbed by - boucing robots or semi naked tutu wearing men !

addict
498 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mr_Chutney

Bouncy Castle + Mech= lives lost, dignity destroyed.

Other than that I think its a brilliant idea wink

there's no need to worry about mech - i can handle him... or he'll use it as a way to seek revenge... i'll have to keep my staff in hand at all times methinks... he's not so happy that his sunglasses don't sit on his face right anymore ... cool... ooooops

but anyhoo, i'm thinking i should set up a poll to see who else wants a bouncy castle - research is part of campaigning right?

346 posts

Posted:
No, all the best and most amusing campaigns rely on sheer ignornace and stupidity to drive them along.

Just like the pro-hunting lobby. wink

Bouncy Castle for teh win !

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
And a badge making machine, so we can make name badges, cos not everyone uses their face as an avatar biggrin (No I'm not a monkey)

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
[Quote]Bouncy Caslte and Mech .... as in Mecha ?[/Quote]

nope as in me, spanner, i had also forgotten about that photo, oh well, the more worrying part for me, is that no one is paying attention in the background, maybe that means that people have finally gotten used to me being weird.

Chuckney - about losing live's on a bouncy castle, yes you are right, ppl would... so well done!

Tastes like purple - GFY wink you smacked me in the face, im going to [censored] in your pillow this year wink (i would have last year but coudlnt be arsed to find your tent wink)

Dunc - about [censored] time...i have been waiting an age for the dates, going to book them off this morning.

strugz - got problems with the photos call me, its important!

any one else - ill be at play, sorry

laterdays

mech

Step (el-nombrie)

addict
498 posts

Posted:
see you know you love me really wink ...it was your fault anyway tongue oh and by the way, don't ever come in my tent biggrin

...btw good idea polarity, i may investigate that!

addict
498 posts

Posted:
 Written by: polarity

And a badge making machine, so we can make name badges, cos not everyone uses their face as an avatar biggrin (No I'm not a monkey)

...a badge like this? if you replace my face with your own of course

346 posts

Posted:
...just booked the days off work.

Mwah.

Time to practice me thinks so I don't look like the inept and clumsy awkward goober I am by the time of the fest !

addict
498 posts

Posted:
brilliant! i'm lucky i guess cause it's 5 days after i break up for the summer yey! stupid college...

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Yup, I've got the Friday off as of today so I'll be there Thursday evening biggrin

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I'll be there Monday morning... biggrin

What fun.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol

you dont know the half of it Durbin, we are going to work you like a biatch smile

and a good one that needs the money at that wink

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Indeed - where's my reply slacker?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
 Written by: E_V_I_L

...just booked the days off work.

Mwah.

Time to practice me thinks so I don't look like the inept and clumsy awkward goober I am by the time of the fest !

hug

people of all abilities will be at Play. Some will be soo good you'll rub your eyes in disbelief, others will be beginners. It's not all about showing off and looking good. It's about learning new things and having a bloody good time! biggrin bounce

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

346 posts

Posted:
That's why I decided that, smeg it, I gotta go have a look. Youtube is good, but seeing things in front of you is far more inspiring.

I defo wanna learn, I'm like a sponge. Hell, I pretty much signed up for kickboxing and XMA lessons and membership at our local JJBBA earlier.

Good time ? Goody goody goody .... clap biggrin ubbloco

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
me wants a ticket.. *stomps pretty lil' foot*** pout**

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
im crap

when can i buy a ticket?

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

346 posts

Posted:
Not available yet, I was asking and found that as of yet I cant purchase them ... but I really, really, really, really want one !

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
*sigh* this sounds really fun.

no chance of me making it this year, but hopefully will be in that neck of the woods next year smile

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
You won't know what you're missing Ed...

Actually you will, because we'll be harping on about how great is and how you're not there to enjoy it! nana

So go back to your Common Ground and UberOz and.... oh...

shrug

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Ed, Shame you can't make it over this year. you'd love it.

But nxt year you say biggrin :bounces:

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
Any chance of a pre-registration thing dunc just to get infomation and stuff

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
*ahhhh*

i had forgotten about the bucket load of work that is done each year...

should i still go?

*ponders*

Step (el-nombrie)

Page: ......