Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2007 25th - 29th July 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone and welcome to PLAY FESTIVAL 2007!!

Please forgive me for the lack of info, I have no computer to use and it'll be a few weeks more until I'm able to update it more often. I'll come back and put more up as and when I can.

Hopefully most of this info you'll have gotten from our newsletter, if not sign up to it on the website now! www.playfestival.co.uk

We had a wonderful 5 days last year and can only say that 2007 will be even better!

Thanks to everyone who came last year and who gave us feedback on what they thought of the festival, we've taken all comments on board and hope we can make the festival one that you'll enjoy even more than the last.

The dates for this years festival will be Wednesday 25th - Sunday 29th July and we will be at the same venue, Fordhall Farm in Market Drayton, Shropshire. The tickets will be £35 in advance and £40 on the door, that will include most workshops, 4 nights camping, the shows and other entertainments during the festival

We have lots planned for this years festival, more areas to play in with the emphasis on getting everyone involved, we will have a proper go at the world record after last years attempt didn't go so well (although it does look awesome on video!!!) and of course the usual abundance of workshops to keep you all busy in the day.

We'll have two stages this year, the main stage/tent and and nice little caberet tent, a solar powered cinema, a PROPER bar & food tent and a few more folks selling the stuff you want to buy (even if you don't realise it yet! heheh)

New for this year will be the PLAY HOP Amateur Performance of the year. It's a little competition we've come up with that can be entered by anyone for any type of performance. No more than 4 minutes long with a cash prize for the winner and the chance to feature on the next PLAY DVD. As you might guess from the title the event is sponsored by HomeofPoi.com (who have proudly given us the prizes for our games over the last two years). More details will follow soon...

The DVD of last years festival will be out at some point, probably exactly at the time we plan it to come out wink Focusing more on spreading knowledge to learn the arts than the last DVD and we're sure it'll knock your socks off!

If you want to contact us about anything please email us at one of the following addresses:

info@playfestival.co.uk

comments@playfestival.co.uk

volunteers@playfestival.co.uk

traders@playfestival.co.uk

If anyone wants specific footage from last years festival please wait until after the DVD is out, Strugz & co are busy enough editing the full thing to start making cuts for people! Thanks smile

As my internet access is sporadic at best till my pc is up and running, I might not be able to reply to email straight away, if you want to talk to me about anything call me on 07814 018091 and if you don't get an answer LEAVE A VOICEMAIL!

Keep checking the website for the latest information and we'll send out newsletters as often as we can.

hugs & smiles

Dunc hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Er...no smile

Though he does study Wu Dan / WuTan too...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

rainbowgirlmember
70 posts

Posted:
 Written by: solar_bear

Just to say I'm really looking forward to my first PLAY this year. I'm not sure who the Spitalfields people are on here, but I expect there will be a few going, too - sing out if that's you.

I'm a spitalfields lot and i'll be going come hell or high water (barring death or comas).

ubbidea

Maybe as well as having our names, badges should say what (if any) club we regularly go to - its very weird talking to people and knowing you know them from somewhere, only to see them a week later at the club and think 'oh yeah, duh'! It would also mean if you know a person from a club, and you get chatting to someone new, who is from that club that you already know someone from, you could say 'oh do you know ... ? they go to ... club too'.

Just an idea in the spirit of people getting to know other people and having conversation starters/carrying on-ers.

But it would mean needing more detailed, and therefore possibly larger, badges - and as im usually too wasted to even see straight, reading that much would be out of the question. But the idea is there, someone else can develop it!

or dont, see if i care tongue

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars

"To alcohol, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems!"

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Can't really avoid this thread any longer but now it's too long too read, gagh damn my logic!

Have I missed anything particularly thralling over the last 20 pages?

As usual I'll be holding a Bar Flair workshop if anyone is interested. I think I will also be holding a foot naming workshop smile

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Kieth studies Wu-Tang...

ubblol

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Will, you know you have more than likely missed something important over the last 20 pages. Silly willy ubblol

I will make it to you're flaire workshop this year. ( a little more than 5 mins notice would be advantagous though wink )

I am considering doing a 'Tea making workshop' Anyone interested?

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

rainbowgirlmember
70 posts

Posted:
im intrigued as to what a 'foot naming' workshop entails, although i do have nice blue hippo-ish slippers called bob and pop!

I want to run a workshop, just to join in and do something productive, but i really cant think of anything i could do a workshop in.

Did i remember right about there being a skinning up workshop? i'll look forward to that (its really bad being a stoner that cannot roll for s**t)

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars

"To alcohol, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems!"

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
all sounds great, and besides my feet need names ubblol Vix i'm with you, i should really get to some workshops this year and get over my fear of people thing ubblol

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
 Written by: rainbowgirl

Did i remember right about there being a skinning up workshop? i'll look forward to that (its really bad being a stoner that cannot roll for s**t)

I found my fortee - I'll volunteer for that one.. helicopters or tulips anyone? ubblol

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
 Written by: MisStix

Written by: rainbowgirl

I found my fortee - I'll volunteer for that one.. helicopters or tulips anyone? ubblol

now maybe its just me, but i dont think you need to be a volenteer, i have noticed taht each stoner i hang out with, has a bitch, who at the right time, proclaims
"skin up bitch"

and in a flurry of fingers, and licking, a slipp if produced smile

Step (el-nombrie)

E_V_I_LMosh-mosh-mosh-mosh.
346 posts

Posted:
I gave up smoking about 2 years ago (Unless I get drunk or amazingly narked ...) and gave up smoking weed a good year before that.....

..... but I get the feeling I'll end up smoking the stuff again.

I'll be up for that workshop I reckon. Mandatory equipment ? Mars Bars, muffins and choco-milk ? wink

Xbox360 Live ID - Sacred Apollyon

"Enemies you threaten make armies. Enemies you destroy make graves."

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
 Written by: E_V_I_L

I'll be up for that workshop I reckon. Mandatory equipment ? Mars Bars, muffins and choco-milk ? wink

what kind of weird ass sliffs are you making, surly you would need a roach, and a skin, AT LEAST!

Step (el-nombrie)

E_V_I_LMosh-mosh-mosh-mosh.
346 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Very special, very tasty but ultimately very messy ones!

ubblol

Maybe I'll try something a bit more conventional ... maybe that's where I've been going wrong !

Xbox360 Live ID - Sacred Apollyon

"Enemies you threaten make armies. Enemies you destroy make graves."

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I think there will several of these workshops scattered around ubblol maybe not co-ordinated but definately mass participation.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

DevilsarmyBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,984 posts

Posted:
I shall try and make it this year as exams will be over and etc.

Actually back on HoP guys ...

Owned By MiG
Owns Fyre and Mods_Stole_My_Name

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
The skinning up workshop was a joke from me...

But if people really want one, and Dunc can get away with holding a workshop on that...

I'm up for that...

biggrin

Oh yeah, the chances of my attending have been increased... Someone told me the date I needed to be in Germany was the saturday, when it's really the sunday. Lot's of travelling, but Do-able...

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
No takers on the Tea workshop then. Excellent, if last year is anything to go by I won't be in much of a state to hold one.
Will not be doing the plate spinning workshop as I had planned at the end of last years festival either, unless someone wants to donate about a dozen spinning plates and sticks?
Ed will you be doing body poping again if you make it?

Owner of Clarence_Quack

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
you mean a workshop, or in general? wink

Still waiting to hear plans from my lovely lady as to whether or not we'll do both things or not.

Be Water My Friend.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
A workshop. I know if you make it body poping will be part of your daily routine, along with smoking, tea drinking and CJing whilst making everything look effortless ubblol

Owner of Clarence_Quack

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
I would love to learn to spin plates properly i havnt manged to yet and its one of the only thigns i cant do... Btw you are all invited to the land of mike which the welsh people are callin the bit where i put my tent up at any time lol lots of workshops on skining up there....

Do u reckon the police helicopter that circled us for the first few days will be back this year if so we should get a crowd of people to make a message outta bodies lol

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
*sniggers* A captive audience biggrin *resists urges to play cruel tricks*

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ubblol you guys make me laugh

i think a skinning up workshop would be a good idea, not just for skinning up (which im sure the majority dont need a workshop for) but for maybe making a ubersized social 'doofa' ubblol
also we can have different types of flavoured tobacco, rizla and *ahem* other stuff. bit like a wine tasting event but for smoking...

also, will there be a trapeze again this year?

and finnaly, is there anyone out of the northerners who might be able to help me by transporting my tent and a couple of other things, im contemplating riding to play but i want as little luggage as possible, since im gonna be sh**ing myself trying to find my way, i dont wanna worry about luggage too...

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
I have 17 spinning plates and sticks if you'd like me to bring them. although i'll be going by train (unless I can wangle a lift from someone!) so it will be a bit of a pain in the arse to bring them.
but for the sake of fun, i'll do it! xxx

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
I may be able to take a detour and give you a lift lovely Jo. As far as i know i'll be on my own up from cornwall so company would be fun smile

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
ooh Beth that would be awesome!!! bounce bounce2 hug

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
seye was talking to me about wanting to do a rolling workshop, he can do all the fancy tulips and whatnot and i would teach combat skinning up techniques-- for those who wanna be able to skinup anywhere,anytime

cool

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
I just remember ill be in Oxford anyway so its not actually a detour biggrin Yay i have a travel buddy!

Anyone else for a lift from Oxfordland? With tents and bags and a little bit of comfort, i have room for one more! maybe 2 with a little less comfort biggrin

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Before learning how to roll fancy things, I thinkit;s important for people to be able to roll a nice looking, standard spliff. Cone is preferable, but not essential.

If only to stop many people using the excuse of 'I don't know how to' (Catnuts!!!)

Be Water My Friend.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
remember this is a family site guys, can we please stop talking about this, there is a time and place, and its not here, and not now.

Step (el-nombrie)

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
ditto Nice one Step smile

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Hmmmmm, I think I've just decided to still be in the UK in July, so I'll be going I guess biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Page: ......