Forums > Social Chat > Bush is idol worshiper?!?!?!

Login/Join to Participate

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
This is an exerpt I ran across, here is the first part...so you have perspective.

"President Bush, the Skull and Bonesman and man of war, has won the hearts of much of the religious right by giving them money. Sadly, most religious leaders gravitate toward money like hogs around a feeding trough after missing three feedings. The "faith-based initiative" has been stalled in Congress, so the President is side-stepping Congress by using executive orders to get the money to the religions. (14) He has also established a "faith-based" office in every cabinet department. (15) We must remember that Satan is very religious, so religious that he wanted to be God according to the fourteenth chapter of Isaiah. It was shortly after the attacks of 9-11-01 that President Bush stated that Islam is a religion of peace and that the word "Islam" means peace. This is another error, for the word "Islam" means submission. The Arabic word "salam" means peace. The word "Muslim" means "one who has submitted." On September 17, 2001, President Bush removed his shoes and entered into a Mosque in Washington, D.C., where he made a speech saying, "When we think of Islam we think of a faith that brings comfort to a billion people around the world...." (16) President Bush is so religious that for the past two years he celebrated Hanukkah at the White House by lighting the menorah. The event that truly troubles me, however, was the incident in Japan."

Here is the idol worship part!!!

"On February 18, 2002, President Bush entered an ornate Shinto Temple erected to house the spirits of the late emperor Meiji. Here let it be known that the Prime Minister of Japan waited outside in the limousine, because he is forbidden by Japanese law to enter such a temple because emperor worship led to World War II. Thus, our so-called "Christian" President and his wife stood in front of the Shinto shrine of Meiji. Mr. Bush clapped his hands once to awaken the demon and bowed deeply in worship and then signed the book of worship. Kiyomasa Akashi of Logos Ministries in Tokyo said, "It was an act of idolatry. Even worse, it was an official, public idol worship. He did bow before the shrine where the Meiji Emperor is enshrined as a god." (17) This was reported by Dr. Robert Morey, author of over 40 books on cults and founder of the California Institute of Apologetics. (18)"

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Magnusmember
279 posts

Posted:
Did I misunderstand this, or are you posting it as an example of meaningless rubbish that some people believe?

Magnus... pay it forward

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
The point was that Bush professes to be christian. However, if the above information is correct, he may simply be using religion to get votes (one of the big reasons he was elected was his "faith") Worshiping deamons and bowing befor idols goes against the religion he follows.

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
In Japan they bow before EVERYTHING

Seriously, it is necessary to distinguish between someone who is actually practicing a religion and someone who is honoring local customs and trying to show appreciation for different groups. In other countries religion is much more closely tied to society than here in the US, and a lot of their simple public gestures and practices can have religious roots. I highly doubt someone as fervent about his own religion as Pres. Bush would be so casual as to pretend he's a member of so many different religious factions.

This excerpt seems more like the usual demonizing drivel that peaceniks commonly attribute to Bush and Blair in an attempt to make them look bad.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Dio, you may or may not know much about christianity. (except for catholics) it is expressly forbidden to "bow down" to statues, any statues, for any reason (much less "worship them"). Even if somebody has a gun to your head, you are not suposed to worship "graven images". This is technicaly a betrayal to his faith and the people that voted for him because of his public stance on his claimed religion.

Not only that, but if you will review the above article, the rulers of Japan are expressly forbidden to worship at these places. Read the article carfully again, even the Japanese citizens were horrified by his actions...

Dio, do not confuse a person's words with a person's actions. They are two separate things, and with polliticians, they are often opposite things.

And on another note of betrayal, many prominant sources credit Bush's election to his stance on repealing the draconian and useless "assault weapon" ban. He has reversed his stand on it, and is pressing to have the act reinstated permanently. And that was one of the main reasons a LOT of people (including myself) voted for him. (despite his horrible stance on protecting the environment and other greed oriented issues)

The pendulum is about to swing the other way, but we will still be headed in the same general direction no matter who is at the helm.

Just some food for thought.

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Hehe dood I ain't Catholic

As far as the "idolatry" thing, I doubt it was worship so much as Bush trying to appeal to local custom... however, he's not immune to faux pas in the least and could just as easily have done so out of ignorance of the local customs. To worship something is different than to show respect for it, in my experience, though it can be taken in either context depending on the severity of the situation and how outsiders perceive it.

Not really disagreeing with ya here, just offering a different potential explanation.

Another example could be the removal of shoes in the mosque... if he had just tromped in there and not honored that tradition, he would have been seen as ignorant and rude, and probably would have caused some sort of incident. That could hardly be considered practicing Islam, yes? But for someone looking to show Bush in a negative light, a simple photograph of Bush stepping out of his shoes with the headline: "BUSH CONVERTS TO ISLAM IN ORDER TO WIN VOTES" could whip people into a frenzy.

Do you have any other links to articles about this story? I'd like to read up on it and see for myself just how serious the situation was.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Of all the things that President Bush is doing or about to do in the world right now this is the absolute least of our worries....

Jesus helps me trick people.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
hmmmm....points well taken.

I'll see if I can find more info for you.