Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2007 25th - 29th July 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone and welcome to PLAY FESTIVAL 2007!!

Please forgive me for the lack of info, I have no computer to use and it'll be a few weeks more until I'm able to update it more often. I'll come back and put more up as and when I can.

Hopefully most of this info you'll have gotten from our newsletter, if not sign up to it on the website now! www.playfestival.co.uk

We had a wonderful 5 days last year and can only say that 2007 will be even better!

Thanks to everyone who came last year and who gave us feedback on what they thought of the festival, we've taken all comments on board and hope we can make the festival one that you'll enjoy even more than the last.

The dates for this years festival will be Wednesday 25th - Sunday 29th July and we will be at the same venue, Fordhall Farm in Market Drayton, Shropshire. The tickets will be £35 in advance and £40 on the door, that will include most workshops, 4 nights camping, the shows and other entertainments during the festival

We have lots planned for this years festival, more areas to play in with the emphasis on getting everyone involved, we will have a proper go at the world record after last years attempt didn't go so well (although it does look awesome on video!!!) and of course the usual abundance of workshops to keep you all busy in the day.

We'll have two stages this year, the main stage/tent and and nice little caberet tent, a solar powered cinema, a PROPER bar & food tent and a few more folks selling the stuff you want to buy (even if you don't realise it yet! heheh)

New for this year will be the PLAY HOP Amateur Performance of the year. It's a little competition we've come up with that can be entered by anyone for any type of performance. No more than 4 minutes long with a cash prize for the winner and the chance to feature on the next PLAY DVD. As you might guess from the title the event is sponsored by HomeofPoi.com (who have proudly given us the prizes for our games over the last two years). More details will follow soon...

The DVD of last years festival will be out at some point, probably exactly at the time we plan it to come out wink Focusing more on spreading knowledge to learn the arts than the last DVD and we're sure it'll knock your socks off!

If you want to contact us about anything please email us at one of the following addresses:

info@playfestival.co.uk

comments@playfestival.co.uk

volunteers@playfestival.co.uk

traders@playfestival.co.uk

If anyone wants specific footage from last years festival please wait until after the DVD is out, Strugz & co are busy enough editing the full thing to start making cuts for people! Thanks smile

As my internet access is sporadic at best till my pc is up and running, I might not be able to reply to email straight away, if you want to talk to me about anything call me on 07814 018091 and if you don't get an answer LEAVE A VOICEMAIL!

Keep checking the website for the latest information and we'll send out newsletters as often as we can.

hugs & smiles

Dunc hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
dont think so.
and i cant believe you live in the UK and dont know any spinners... just doesnt make sense wink

E_V_I_LMosh-mosh-mosh-mosh.
346 posts

Posted:
Wicked - just my old mate told me they go veeeery quickly as it's so popular !

I do know of a few, but they're the kind of people that drop off the radar after you chill with 'em a few times ... very airy, variable people !

But, my mate Tom has started a practice session. Went along on Monday and I'm already hooked. Payday today and I'm straight on the web buying Poi, other bits, throwing knives etc.

And now I have no money. Doh !

Xbox360 Live ID - Sacred Apollyon

"Enemies you threaten make armies. Enemies you destroy make graves."

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
You're right, last year we sold as many tickets as we did in total from the year before in about half the time, so it's worth snapping them up smile

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

346 posts

Posted:
Wicked - I figured that seeing as I'm relatively nearby and I like camping that it'd be groovy to come along and spend a few days practicing, chilling, learning and meeting people. Can't hurt !

What are the facilities like on site ? Are there showers ? Gotta have a shower to wake my sorry carcass up in the morning !

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
showers *Laughs* the closest i got last year was a cold cup of water from a tap lol....

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
i remember ltc telling me about going for a shower and they were mixed male/female, he seemed to have happy memories of it rolleyes

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
lol i couldnt find any maybe i was just to wrecked to lol...I hope theres that shop sellin the rizzla again this year so theres no stupidly long walk to market Drayton to get rizzla.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
The showers last year were located off site, at the local swimming pool. I believe it was Hells Bells doing the driving to the centre for showers.

Otherwise it was just cold water from the taps near the portaloo's.

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
ah all makes sense now lol

346 posts

Posted:
Meh, standing tap in a field works for me, used to do re-enactments and stuff, cold water dosn't bother me.

Male/Female showers ? ubbloco

Loving the idea of attending PLAY ! wink

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
 Written by: E_V_I_L

used to do re-enactments and stuff, cold water dosn't bother me.

*Ears prick up*

where was that?

346 posts

Posted:
Did some stuff in Sheffield with a mate of mine and his group, mostly came from me wanting to learn swordfighting without the fencing.

Then it changed to me doing LARP events such as the Gathering and associated events. Not done it in a long time though.

As for the cold water, if that's what got your interest, it was at the Gathering. Stand-taps are awkward to shower under with being 6'+ and them only being about 3' off the floor, but it IS possible !

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Baby wipes = Festy Shower biggrin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
ubblol no, it was the recreation stuff smile cool - I'm not a larper but I do Tudor recreation at Kentwell Hall in suffolk. smile

346 posts

Posted:
Blu - Baby wipes ? Sounds fun. wink

No, wait, I'm thinking of Johnsons Baby Oil. Still, could be a nice way to wake up! ubblol

Sym - Tudor ? Cool. Never really found a specific period I was comfy with, although the friend of mine who took me along did turn round and say "You've done this before haven't you?" knowing fullwell that in this life I hadn't. Score - past life fighter !

I'm still no good compared to a dedicated re-enactor, but apparently I pick it up very quickly and have good co-ordination with new things in a short space of time.

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
 Written by: blu_valley

Baby wipes = Festy Shower biggrin

But they don't get off yellow face paint, I went home looking like I had jaundice!

And who needs a shower to wake up when you have group streeeeeeeetching.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
...or People alarm clocks and over-excited HOPpers to come and bounce on you/your tent. ubblol

They got off all the blue face paint...and the melted chocolate ...redface

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
lets not forget the porta-loos now! o yes living in style! actually as festivals go those were some of the best maintained porta-loos i've done my business in - cleaned daily; almost never ran out of toilet paper, good times good times smile
ah baby wipes, definately a saviour! wink

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

346 posts

Posted:
So long as there's a stand-pipe I'll bring a hose. Good for fun and not just showers !

addict
498 posts

Posted:
sounds great! i'll bring my bikini wink

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Me too! biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

346 posts

Posted:
I'll make do with my cut offs me thinks .... Bikini ? Always good ... and I'm sure you look good in yours too Neon! *lol*

addict
498 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Me too! biggrin

make it a thong bikini wink

346 posts

Posted:
For you or him ?

wink

Nothing wrong with clarifying exactly what to expect !

addict
498 posts

Posted:
for him of course! a much more hilarious prospect!... teehee mental image biggrin

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
I hope people recongise me this year there as last year i was new to Hop and i want to see u guys and gals

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
I had the BEST shower ever last year at Play!! biggrin with BamBam, Helz, Andrea, ubblove naked ladies getting bubbly! biggrin yeah mon!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
mmmmm. we had a shower ON SITE ubblove

but it doesn't sound as good as that one... tongue

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

addict
498 posts

Posted:
 Written by: MikefromGlos

I hope people recongise me this year there as last year i was new to Hop and i want to see u guys and gals

hey me too! except i haven't gone on HOP all that much since so i think i'll have to make an effort and message more from now on!

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
effort is always good lol...

Page: ...