Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2007 25th - 29th July 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone and welcome to PLAY FESTIVAL 2007!!

Please forgive me for the lack of info, I have no computer to use and it'll be a few weeks more until I'm able to update it more often. I'll come back and put more up as and when I can.

Hopefully most of this info you'll have gotten from our newsletter, if not sign up to it on the website now! www.playfestival.co.uk

We had a wonderful 5 days last year and can only say that 2007 will be even better!

Thanks to everyone who came last year and who gave us feedback on what they thought of the festival, we've taken all comments on board and hope we can make the festival one that you'll enjoy even more than the last.

The dates for this years festival will be Wednesday 25th - Sunday 29th July and we will be at the same venue, Fordhall Farm in Market Drayton, Shropshire. The tickets will be £35 in advance and £40 on the door, that will include most workshops, 4 nights camping, the shows and other entertainments during the festival

We have lots planned for this years festival, more areas to play in with the emphasis on getting everyone involved, we will have a proper go at the world record after last years attempt didn't go so well (although it does look awesome on video!!!) and of course the usual abundance of workshops to keep you all busy in the day.

We'll have two stages this year, the main stage/tent and and nice little caberet tent, a solar powered cinema, a PROPER bar & food tent and a few more folks selling the stuff you want to buy (even if you don't realise it yet! heheh)

New for this year will be the PLAY HOP Amateur Performance of the year. It's a little competition we've come up with that can be entered by anyone for any type of performance. No more than 4 minutes long with a cash prize for the winner and the chance to feature on the next PLAY DVD. As you might guess from the title the event is sponsored by HomeofPoi.com (who have proudly given us the prizes for our games over the last two years). More details will follow soon...

The DVD of last years festival will be out at some point, probably exactly at the time we plan it to come out wink Focusing more on spreading knowledge to learn the arts than the last DVD and we're sure it'll knock your socks off!

If you want to contact us about anything please email us at one of the following addresses:

info@playfestival.co.uk

comments@playfestival.co.uk

volunteers@playfestival.co.uk

traders@playfestival.co.uk

If anyone wants specific footage from last years festival please wait until after the DVD is out, Strugz & co are busy enough editing the full thing to start making cuts for people! Thanks smile

As my internet access is sporadic at best till my pc is up and running, I might not be able to reply to email straight away, if you want to talk to me about anything call me on 07814 018091 and if you don't get an answer LEAVE A VOICEMAIL!

Keep checking the website for the latest information and we'll send out newsletters as often as we can.

hugs & smiles

Dunc hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
Yay! Made it out of the apocalyptic arena of muddy fun that was the Glade this morning. Just re-packing my postly mucky clothes and coming up to Play. See you all soon... kiss grouphug

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

TwerpyBRONZE Member
20 posts

Posted:
All i need to get now is food and, more importantly, rum.

As far as rain is concerned, just remember that skin dries faster than clothes... tongue wink wink

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
haha! so the less the better. kk noted wink lol. fair point. written it on my "to buy" list. DRINK but what to bring...mmmm

if i could be a busy busy bee...

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
I need to buy a raincoat. The zip of mine decided that NOW would be a good time to stop working. ARGH.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
Wellies! Wellies!! where's my god damn wellies!!!!!!! bad time for your raincoat zip to stop working birgit - also bad time for my wellies to go missing!!

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
guys, bring your pillows for global pillow fight day on 29th! www.globalpillowfight.com

put your views issues news and abuse on a pretty pillow and fight for your right to speak your voice in a not-very-violent way!

and take photos! Xx

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

PinkNigelPinker than thou
336 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TastesLikePurple

Wellies! Wellies!! where's my god damn wellies!!!!!!!

I just got back from town, where I bought gore-tex socks YAY!!

In that way that if you take an umbrella out it doesn't rain, I figure we should all take umbrellas and alll leave the sunscreen at home, that should get us sunshine...

Not liking the pictures of Gloucestershire on the front of most of the daily papers today...

A wise man once said: "You have two ears and one mouth, therefore you should shut the censored up and listen" (though, to be fair, he might not've put it _quite_ like that..)

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Yup, i feel a 'pillowcase decorating' workshop coming on.... ubbangel

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
I should probably get wellies, too. Haven't owned any since I was 10! ubblol

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
aw that would be amazing smile but i always forget a pillow *goes on the list*

if i could be a busy busy bee...

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Birgit

I should probably get wellies, too. Haven't owned any since I was 10! ubblol

How can you Play in the rain without them? ubbangel

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
wear boots... I have special muddy boots for muddy things. Wellies feel weird on feet I find. shrug (Since I'll also go to V in the same area a few weeks later, they might be a good investment)

(G.W. Dahlquist)

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Doh I hat rain and wet weather, wish the festival was being held in lancashire where its warm and dry...surprisingly...hold on this dosent make sense why are we dry? *gasp*

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
but splashing in wellies is so much more fun than in boots i find - in fact paddling in the sea is bestest cos you can feel the sea swirling round your feet but they're dry biggrin

Euonymous Europeus

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
hehehe, todays comet7, wish i had the time and cash to get this on a t-shirt wink

/me looks at TastesLikePurple /me runs!

https://www.comet7.com/archive_page.php?id=730

ubblol

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

shocked_prawnSILVER Member
old hand
865 posts

Posted:
oohh, i just started painting up my new wellies with my waterproof gold and silver craft pens. there gonna look so pretty.
but at least there are no severe weather warnings for this week! i think. ubbrollsmile

Proud Co-Owner of PoiBoi
Owned by J.A.C

stainboynewbie
16 posts

Posted:
Well, my new doc martins survived Glasto so I'm sure they can put up with this weekend as well!

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
I just bought 8 big bars of chocolate for Garthy's workshop- so I guess if he doesn't end up running it I will be!

This is providing I can come of course, P is threatening to bail on it at the moment frown

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Leave him at home and have more fun on your own!

That could be your new slogan smile

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Yakumo

hehehe, todays comet7, wish i had the time and cash to get this on a t-shirt wink

/me looks at TastesLikePurple /me runs!

https://www.comet7.com/archive_page.php?id=730

ubblol

ubblol no way man! grapes taste like grapes! mmm grapes...

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
 Written by: misscorinthian

This is providing I can come of course, P is threatening to bail on it at the moment frown

Babe, come without him.

My friend has bailed on me too, even after buying a ticket rolleyes

Just seems rediculous to me to not want to go...but hey, each to their own.

Shant let the party poopers ruin my fun. In fact - they cant ruin it as they wont be there. I win.

Monserat - twill be just me you're meeting in London now.

Quite glad I picked up other train goers now or else I might go insane on a 6 hour journey by myself...

Have some serious shopping to do tomorrow.

Trying to find girly wellies in a size 10 is going to be impossible...
EDITED_BY: Aimée (1185224096)

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
No worries Aimee, any idea what time you'll be at Euston yet? (Be gentle, I have to drive back from Swansea tomorrow night!)

To all those with pop up tents - they are the best thing ever! Taking them down is fine once you get the knack.

*ponders an informal taking-your-popup-tent-down workshop*

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Er...is between 12 and half past too early?
If not suggest a time and I'll be game. Not really botherd!

My brand spanking new pop up tent is a bit rubbish...
Although somebody else put it up for me so it might have been rubbish because of that.
The poles are hinged and any strong wind makes them bend undone and I get a half collapsed tent frown
Really not sure if I should bring the amazing flowery 'i might stay up' tent, or the boring plain 'i'll definatly stay up' tent.
I'll have a fiddle around with it tomorrow and see if theres a knack in putting it up...

glennerooprofessional loser
140 posts

Posted:
*sniff* hate to have to have bailed on everyone at the very last possible moment, which i really should have decided weeks ago and stopped blindly pretending things would be OK. Intense flooding of my own to deal with here (not rain related) and very sensitive family issues to tend to... so i guess my finally meeting the rest of you lovely peoples (and playing the paparazzi game) will have to wait another year frown

much love, hugs, and general squishiness.
glenn

fotography: glenneroo.net
filmography: glenneroo.org

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Does anybody have any word as to what the conditions are like on the site?
Super boggy?

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i really cant be arsed to read all this sorry - can some one give me the jist?

plus, whats the paarazzi game?

also

Written by: Skulduggery

Jon is just THE most useful person to have around when tentage is concerned ubblove

ubblol

for a start, tentage, and then having jonnie around, just makes that funny as! smile

Step (el-nombrie)

140 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mech

i really cant be arsed to read all this sorry - can some one give me the jist?

I won't be there frown I am tending to my sick mother who is visiting me here in Austria right now for a few weeks and i need to spend the time with her and not running off to festivals, hence my comment about "should have decided this weeks ago"... and thus why i apologize to any and all who might be affected by my over-late decision frown

plus, whats the paarazzi game?

hehe don't you know what Paparazzi is? The spy photographers who sell pics to the tabloids? if you don't know, then i won't spoil the fun for our next meeting..... whenever that may be wink

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
 Written by: glenneroo

hehe don't you know what Paparazzi is? The spy photographers who sell pics to the tabloids? if you don't know, then i won't spoil the fun for our next meeting..... whenever that may be wink

im a part time photographer dude, i have done some free lance work for those paparazzi mags that are teh scum of teh earth.

i have to do some serious attonmnet for that at some point.

still

it was more what is the game all about tho

Step (el-nombrie)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
frown

Damn.
hug

Family first smile

140 posts

Posted:

im a part time photographer dude, i have done some free lance work for those paparazzi mags that are teh scum of teh earth.

i have to do some serious attonmnet for that at some point.

still

it was more what is the game all about tho

its a game because i do it at festivals/events/photoshootings, that is i capture emotion and real people i.e. no posing allowed. People don't know if or when im taking their picture until after the fact, unless they catch me during - usually my own fault/will - pushing my luck with different perspectives/500 shot time-lapse-like sequences. Some people (winking at Rob) have good eyes and know my game and are often aware of my presence, others (winking at others who i forgot names to) watch me like a paranoid hawk everywhere i go... because they know when they've spotted me, my game is up and i won't shoot them - that takes out all the fun wink

my preference of course if that you first see what i shot at one of my silly and slightly abusive slideshows (winks again at Rob, FireNix, and many many others)

Page: ......