Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Hey yall...

*ahem* Let me start out by saying that tile is slick when wet.Of course most of yall knew that already.

I find this kinda funny when I look back on what happened to me last nite.

I was taking a bath and doing laundry when I heard my washer start rumbling and making a horrible noise like it was going to explode! The washer was thrown off balance when most of the clothes ended up on one side of the washer.This has happened before and I am pretty good about making sure to put clothes in evenly around the agitator(sp).

So stupid me gets out of the tub and takes off stark naked in a run to turn it off.I forgot that I would be running on tile after I left my room and went slidding. I tried to regain balance but my feet slipped out from under me and all I remember seeing was the ceiling as the rest of the kitchen went whooosh!I slammed hard onto the floor on my back.

I layed there for a minute and then noticed pain.I looked at my right elbow and had skinned it alil.I got up and staggered to my bathroom to look at the damages in the mirror.My backside had cuts on it and I was bleeding alil but not gushing.Luckily I didn't hit my head!

I called Dio and he came over to help me with ice and stuff.

Today I went to all my classes despite the pain.I think I pulled some muscles in my shoulders, back, and arms.I also noticed that my left hip hurts as well.

I was always told that tile is dangerously slick when its wet....or if you are wet and run on it.

I was in a hurry to shut the washer off I wasn't thinking about the tile or the fact that I was dripping wet. I was just dead-locked on shutting the washer off before it was rocked out of its position.

I do know now...
First hand...
Tile + Water = A SLIPPERY DISASTER

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
I fell while getting out of the tub once and did a face plant on the bathroom floor. My nose swelled up quite a bit and I thought I had broken it since my whole face hurt.

Bathrooms really ARE dangerous places!

Raph

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I'm usualy pretty good about not killing myself when I wipe out (knock on wood)

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

1,032 posts

Posted:
Ouch! I'm sorry Raph.

I too almost ended up on my bathroom floor, but not from slipping, it was from dozing off in the shower after staying up all night studying for an animal genetics exam.oY!

Hope you got to feeling better after your encounter with the bathroom floor.

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
Think I've been lucky o sorts only accidents with tile have involved severe n sudden splits, lucky to have pulled dem back up..

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I used to paly slippi-slidi when I was a kid - my neighbour had a huge tiled bathroom, me and her kid used to cover the floor in soap and water and slide about on our asses.. great fun.. but really stoopid.. hope you are ok Aurora..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Actually, I didn't fall because I slipped. I passed out because I stood up too quickly after taking a VERY hot bath.

I still take hot bubble baths, I just stand up more slowly.

Raph

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
to everyone who has hurt themselves in the bathroom.

I have a carpeted bathroom therefore can not slip over on it (well i probably could if i tried hard enough)

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

James Bmember
44 posts

Posted:
If you try too hard you will end up with friction burns

Speak softly and carry a big stick, you will go far!

1,032 posts

Posted:
Thanks yall! right back at ya!

I'm feeling better today. My muscles aren't as sore as yesterday, but they still are alil tender. I hated it when we had poi practice and I couldn't join in due to my injuries.

But I would rather have not done poi to insure that my body and muscles were healed to where I wouldn't injure myself even more.

MisStix* me and my bros used to do the slippie sliddie thingy too! Only we didn't use water, we just put our socks on and slid across the tile floor in our utility room. We would pretend to be ice skaters and stuff...Especially since we would see it on TV and didn't have any place to skate on ice.

Pink Poi the only way I know of to slip on a carpeted area is to do a slide in...Like a baseball player sliding into homeplate.

But please don't anybody do that! I don't want any of you HoPpers to get injured or hurt.

Looks away...Raises hand and quietly says " I have done this". Hey me and my bros had active imaginations and did pretty much everything that was imaginable.Some of it was stupid, but it was fun at the time!