Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PLAY Festival 2007 25th - 29th July 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone and welcome to PLAY FESTIVAL 2007!!

Please forgive me for the lack of info, I have no computer to use and it'll be a few weeks more until I'm able to update it more often. I'll come back and put more up as and when I can.

Hopefully most of this info you'll have gotten from our newsletter, if not sign up to it on the website now! www.playfestival.co.uk

We had a wonderful 5 days last year and can only say that 2007 will be even better!

Thanks to everyone who came last year and who gave us feedback on what they thought of the festival, we've taken all comments on board and hope we can make the festival one that you'll enjoy even more than the last.

The dates for this years festival will be Wednesday 25th - Sunday 29th July and we will be at the same venue, Fordhall Farm in Market Drayton, Shropshire. The tickets will be £35 in advance and £40 on the door, that will include most workshops, 4 nights camping, the shows and other entertainments during the festival

We have lots planned for this years festival, more areas to play in with the emphasis on getting everyone involved, we will have a proper go at the world record after last years attempt didn't go so well (although it does look awesome on video!!!) and of course the usual abundance of workshops to keep you all busy in the day.

We'll have two stages this year, the main stage/tent and and nice little caberet tent, a solar powered cinema, a PROPER bar & food tent and a few more folks selling the stuff you want to buy (even if you don't realise it yet! heheh)

New for this year will be the PLAY HOP Amateur Performance of the year. It's a little competition we've come up with that can be entered by anyone for any type of performance. No more than 4 minutes long with a cash prize for the winner and the chance to feature on the next PLAY DVD. As you might guess from the title the event is sponsored by HomeofPoi.com (who have proudly given us the prizes for our games over the last two years). More details will follow soon...

The DVD of last years festival will be out at some point, probably exactly at the time we plan it to come out wink Focusing more on spreading knowledge to learn the arts than the last DVD and we're sure it'll knock your socks off!

If you want to contact us about anything please email us at one of the following addresses:

info@playfestival.co.uk

comments@playfestival.co.uk

volunteers@playfestival.co.uk

traders@playfestival.co.uk

If anyone wants specific footage from last years festival please wait until after the DVD is out, Strugz & co are busy enough editing the full thing to start making cuts for people! Thanks smile

As my internet access is sporadic at best till my pc is up and running, I might not be able to reply to email straight away, if you want to talk to me about anything call me on 07814 018091 and if you don't get an answer LEAVE A VOICEMAIL!

Keep checking the website for the latest information and we'll send out newsletters as often as we can.

hugs & smiles

Dunc hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
hmm... sumasaulting off the bouncy castle and into the ball pool... yup sounds good! bounce

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

E_V_I_LMosh-mosh-mosh-mosh.
346 posts

Posted:
Hmmm .... I may not be any good at acrobatics and stuff, so I'll just belly-flop ....

Gotta love ball pools ! I remember one that was 4' deep and got a few people in trouble as it became a groping pit. 6th Formers + Alchohol = Nortyness.

Ye gads I wish I were 18 again !

Xbox360 Live ID - Sacred Apollyon

"Enemies you threaten make armies. Enemies you destroy make graves."

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TheBovrilMonkey

Written by: Durbs

Now a ball pool... biggrin

That's a terrible idea - it'd be a maximum of 5 minutes before it becomes subject to a hostile takeover by contact jugglers who stand in it for the whole festival balancing balls on their faces tongue

ubblol ubblol ubblol

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

rainbowgirlmember
70 posts

Posted:
how about one of those inflatable multiactivity centres you can get, with a ball pool and a bouncy area and a slide and such?

You can get dinky ones from argos for kids or there are HUGE ones for adults, that'll please everybody.

And it would mean we could just slide down and knock the contact jugglers flying if they started hogging the balls.

Maybe we should just have the bouncy castle for one day - at the weekend preferably - to limit costs and noise, and one day of bouncy castling should have only a fifth as many disasters as five days.

And if we want to bouncy on that day we can just not have chili vodka for breakfast, but i guess that would mean planning or thinking which is not the strong point of Play!

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars

"To alcohol, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems!"

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: rainbowgirl

but i guess that would mean planning or thinking which is not the strong point of Play!

i speak on behalf of all 5 of the play organisers who resent that remark tongue

If only you hippies knew the stress that goes into you lot having a good time!!!

ubbloco

smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

rainbowgirlmember
70 posts

Posted:
Oh i know the planners plan (or else you wouldnt be planners) tongue

Doesnt mean the rest of us have to!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

but i guess that would mean planning or thinking which is not the strong point of Play!

i speak on behalf of all 5 of the play organisers who resent that remark tongue

If only you hippies knew the stress that goes into you lot having a good time!!!

ubbloco

smile

SHUT THE [censored] UP! I have done Play set up two years running and its awlays a laugh, and always left till teh last min wink

i have th photos to prove it to wink

Step (el-nombrie)

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
If there is a bouncy castle, and let face it, there better be, otherwise it will be entirely pointless to go to play wink I will personally make a sign that says:

On the Bouncy Castle:
No Kids
No Shoes
No Hard Toys
No Sex

That will make it more fun for all those deserving of being on a bouncy castle: ie: US!

WHy are there no two storey bouncy castles? It's not fair!

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:

Oh i know the planners plan (or else you wouldnt be planners) tongue

Doesnt mean the rest of us have to!

So you saying your planning now?

ubblol

Mech - you dont know the half of it, part timer that you are tongue

biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
strugz, i know what i need to know, i know that most of the meetinsg for the play comitte consist of

"meeting come to rder"
"skin up bitch"
"have you seen my new move"

i know some hard work is done dude, dont worry
(its all just done teh week beofre play ) wink

Step (el-nombrie)

KatPSILVER Member
Muddy fingernails
505 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

I/We may make it.

Have to speak to himself. Preferably not on phone. Depends on cash and livestock. If we have any by then. (KITTENS!)

Hope can sort out, last year was ace! Even longer trip if do. Yikes!

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

KITTENS!!!!

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mech

i know some hard work is done dude, dont worry
(its all just done teh week beofre play ) wink

well that just goes to show how little you do know my good man.....

we watch all the new movies before skinning up tongue

seriously - the week before play, your having a laugh........

no idea, no idea, no idea....... but then you are a retard so it figuers wink

ubbrollsmile

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
its ok dude i know you work hard for play

i mean, i know how long it takes you to release a video when you are not under pressure, so its all good

can i see my stuff yet?

Step (el-nombrie)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol

as for you seeing your stuff - i didnt bother ripping all the shite bits tongue

kiss

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
yeah you did, i know you did, com eon let me soee my shows....

else ill come round, and you know you dont want that [censored]!

Step (el-nombrie)

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
If you would like some help setting up this years play i would like to volunteer

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Cool smile

We're just working out numbers, then will set about getting volunteers, working tickets etc.

At some stage, this will all appear on the Play website Wiki so people can add all sorts of stuff like workshop ideas, volunteering, DJ'ing, performing and the like.

My you people are keen wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
its cuz we love u lot and we love play lol

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
i can offer to help out with anything again this year as well, just lemme know if you need me and ill book the time etc smile

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

psycotic_furbyBRONZE Member
Hehe, you said 'Member'
105 posts

Posted:
Screw the bouncy castle - INFLATABLE PUB!!!

Eww, Liza Minelli...

The communists gave my mother a job, teaching sculpture to limbless children.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I am not going to volunteer this year, I was too slack last year so will pay this time round. I also want to have one of the limited edition non-staff shirts this time round :P

And yay for Froggy and her boys bounce2 hug

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I'm just gonna enjoy myself and if strugz needs a cameraman to point and click I'll help with that, wink I know you guys work hard but this is my holiday ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
its all of our holidays.....

and wa all work hard (part time or not wink

(some of us didnt even get a thank you from dunc last year wink )

Step (el-nombrie)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
i think youl find all of us never got a thank you wink

ubblol

hes an old git remember wink

Thanks mech hug

got ya pm dude - will call you later smile

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
no no no, he said thank you to a load of ppl in teh old play thread, like you, sian, and all those ho helped, but not me!

i showed him, and he said he was sorry, but i know he means it, damit i broke my nose for play!

and there would have been no games without me wink

Step (el-nombrie)

rainbowgirlmember
70 posts

Posted:
cool, i want an inflatable pub at Play, we could fill it with helium and it could hover ovrehead, we could have some kind of raising/lowering and sterring mechanisms like that floating island from 'Gulliver's Travels'!

excuse the madness im wasted, but its a cool mental image!

btw, i know people work hard to organise Play, but when i go i work hard to not have to plan or think at all for five days and i truly appreciate the efforts other people put in so me and everyone else can be useless and lazy (in the best possible ways) for days on end.

Am digging my hole deeper? cant tell, gonna stop now!

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
 Written by: psycotic_furby

Screw the bouncy castle - INFLATABLE PUB!!!

eek

im in love! im just gonna have to get one for my back yard now! ubblove

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i know that dunc, strugz, steve, durbs, and hell all of the play committee you know about and those who you don't work really hard to bring us this amazing festival.

and i think them for it, by working hard for them while i am at teh festival and not asking for anything in return.

but....

its not going to stop me telling them they are all stoned hippie slackers, who should wark harder :P

Step (el-nombrie)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
rainbow girl - your not in a hole smile if you are - get out of it hug

step - i ubblove you, even though your a censored

and for the record the official play commitee are

Dunc
Strugz
Durbs (gay)
Bluecat
Rossco

anyone else involved is just one of the aboves bitches wink

ubbrollsmile

But those names aside - PLAY festival can not be anywhere near to what it is with out the love, effort and support that comes from this rocking community and all in it biggrin

ubbrollsmile

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
so i have moved up from bitch to pro active bitch then...coolio

does it matter that my name is on teh official play dvd!

biggrin

Step (el-nombrie)

Page: ......