• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > The Firegathering Festival 2007 - 18th-20th May - : Near Horsham/Crawl

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 1...567
pitman
pitman

addict
Total posts: 544
Posted:Workshops:

Tai Chi
Hat manipulation
Unicycling
Spinning
Healing space

The Firegathering Festival 2007 website

Got 3 Tickets already biggrin

EDITED_BY: pitman (1171555971)

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

Neon_Shaolin
Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh
Total posts: 6120
Posted:Yeah! I'd like to do that!

Saves me from worrying about stuff. I'll play it by ear when I get to Brighton. Depending on the weather! smile

Cheers Hun hug

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Mynci
Mynci

Macaque of all trades
Total posts: 8735
Posted:*Mental note to rob Dave*

not really wink We'll have loads of stuff too, you may be able to leave it with ours if we get a secure space, we're bringing smoke machines and lasers because we can't spin tongue

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

feeb
feeb

Total posts: 72
Posted:why cant you spin??? i am so excited about firegathering and will certainly be doing as much spinning as i can!!

pyromania pixie power!

Rellizate
Rellizate

old hand
Total posts: 719
Posted:You can't spin?!?! Why not?

Mr_Joe
Mr_Joe

Part-time genius

Total posts: 59
Posted:Haha, you guys. I think he might be joking. Just a little bit wink

blu_valley
blu_valley

fluffy mess
Total posts: 197
Posted:ubblol yeah...they can spin...oh boy can they spin! ubblol Mynci just cant ( I mean WONT) spin poi...apparently. biggrin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Rellizate
Rellizate

old hand
Posted:Oh I read that saying meaing I can't spin meaning you're not allowed to.. I've heard that from the actual organisers too mind you, so that's why...

Rellizate
Rellizate

old hand
Posted:Had a wicked time! Lovely to meet all you guys (Neon_Shaolin, Pineapple Pete, Mynci, Ninjadave, Fi, -sandy- e.t.c) Will see you guys probably at southern lights or something.

Thanks for an awsome weekend! biggrin

Mynci
Mynci

Macaque of all trades
Posted:Sorry wink I don't spin poi, and whatever you saw in our last act was clearly a result of whatever concoctions you had previously imbibed biggrin

oh and a big thank you to garthy and the rest who helped us pimp out southern lights ubblol

so guys... again next year rolleyes

EDITED_BY: Mynci (1211187671)

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Neon_Shaolin
Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh
Posted:It was really rather fantastic wasn't it?

Cheers to everyone who poked me into coming, it was a nice thing to come back to England for!

Spinning with lovely ambient live music (Duologue and Digitonal were ones to remember) is definitely something I wanna get used to...

Thanks to Garthy, Sandy, Blu and Ben for sleeping bag, tent, blanket and ride to London respectively... hug hug hug

Let the festival season commence... biggrin biggrin biggrin

hug

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

blu_valley
blu_valley

fluffy mess
Posted:I had so much fun! I actually cried when I got on the Bus back to Brighton, I'll defenitly be going again next year, at 45 minutes away from home I really cant complain. biggrin

Thanks to all who made it so very very lovely. hug

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

feeb
feeb

Posted:wikkid festie guys, thank you so much. Best bit was Jonathon Kay.

was so happy to meet so many people but i cant even remember one name now, terrible stuff!! had a blast though, learnt a few new tricks and realised a few home truths!

lots of love to all that attending, to those who didnt - dont miss it next year!

pyromania pixie power!

pineapple pete
pineapple pete

water based
Total posts: 5125
Posted:thanks all for a very happy weekend, and a ripper of a way to start my UK festivals smile

hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Ninja_Dave
Ninja_Dave

Total posts: 58
Posted:Hell yeh! that kicked ass! see u all at sunrise? MAKE THE EFFORT PEOPLE! MAKE THE EFFORT! mwah x

Mynci
Mynci

Macaque of all trades
Posted:Quiet footstool! learn your place wink good to see you again Dave

Neon_Shaolin
Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh
Posted:It was great to see you guys too! Mynci, your show rocked! MORE POI!!

GO TOAST!!! hug

So many uberstaffers in one place!
(UK's smaller thus easier to gather everyone!)

Southern Lights is now looking VERY likely! tongue

feeb
feeb

Posted:favourite manipulators of the weekend - the guy with a rubber chicken, i dont know his name but absolutely every toy he picked up he was really quite good at, made it all his own and was just beautiful to watch, even with a rubber chicken. He was definately the best staffer i saw!

also, the funny, sweet, happy guy who ran around in a jesters hat getting drunker and drunker and spinning his devils sticks, he was such a funny funny performer and as my boyfriend spins sticks, it was really cool to watch him

i wondered if anyone knew the names of these magical people and perhaps if they had any videos online??? i am really interested to show liam the Drunk Juggling Jester, he was Brilliant!!

pyromania pixie power!

blu_valley
blu_valley

fluffy mess
Posted:The staffer with the chicken was Dave (Neon_Shaolin) and the guy with the devil sticks in the jester hat was Joshua ( I don't know if he's on HOP or not )

sichainey
enthusiast
Total posts: 242
Posted:Both of which are at Southern Lights

feeb
feeb

Posted:Fantastic! i shall have to deliver the boy to Joshua for a drunken devil stick workshop... Hes a great festie character that man! was very nice to me and even marched half way around the festival with me trying to find a friend!

cant wait to see everyone again at Southern Lights, if it is even half as good as firegathering it will be brilliant no doubt!

(cheers for the info Sichainey xx)

pyromania pixie power!

Mynci
Mynci

Macaque of all trades
Posted:And for those of you that missed it the firegathering was featured on the culture show last night on the cuban brothers section.
(Yay I was on T.V ubblol )

Rellizate
Rellizate

old hand
Posted:Damn it, do you think there's a catchup somewhere?

Mynci
Mynci

Macaque of all trades
Posted:I recorded it on DVD and have uploaded it to google video, just a 3 minute thing by the Cuban brothers

clickity click

Rellizate
Rellizate

old hand
Posted:Nice one. 1:23 my green tent! Yay!

Page: 1...567