Forums > Social Chat > Keynote Speakers for Freaks of the World

Login/Join to Participate

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Alright....

I have been a side show/circus/carnie type since I was a wee lass. It has always been far more than an addiction to me. It is a passion. Deep rooted and really a need in my life, even if it was dreaming up offbeat stories when my life has had restrictions on action.

And here is a link to my hero's.
I just went through and re-read some of the articles contained within the site. "Penniphile" and "Teller Speaks" are really where you can begin to see the depths and the remarkability of these two men.

And, if for nothing else, check it out because Penn is sooooo eloquent and outspoken, he has a couple of REALLY AMAZING articles about performers mindset, and commentaries on social taboo's and the expression of passion.

I just thought some of you might enjoy it as much as I.

https://www.pennandteller.com/03/coolstuff.html

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
Did you read his fire eating experience? I think he should've taken your class. He wouldn't have burned himself, at least as much.

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I agree!

That is one of my favorites. I read it YEARS ago (and I think it was once a link on this site as well) and have always thought it was so amazing. I re-read it every year!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK