missbhavenBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
I see that this has already been posted but only one person knew how to make them on that post and when I tried contacting them I got no reply.

I know that it takes a thin ball chain with a tiny wick on the end but I DO NOT want to risk making them and lighting myself on fire. I'd much prefer someone experienced in fire arts make them for me. I will pay you obviously. I don't want the pasties made I can do that myself I just need the chain and wick..

Also do I use camp oils or any oils? Let me know!

redface Sorry if this post if really ignorant, I'm very new to fire arts.

thanks a lot.
-breton

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I sent out a response to you, but my computer read an error so I wasn't sure if it went through.

I am sorry but don't make them for others. I am not comfortable with that responsibility and liability due to how close they are and if something goes wrong, they are attached to your body. Sorry.

If you are new to fire arts, I can honestly say this is not the place I would begin with personally. There are pros and cons to each fuel, the same as apply to any spinning toy, only these are amplified because of the close proximity to your body. Which fuel you use is actually up to personal preference. Oils, white gas or spirits...all suck and all are good. So, it is up to what you prefer based on other fire toys you enjoy.

When I taught burlesque workshops in Vancouver I taught one on flaming tassles, because they also can not be started spinning in the same way as normal tassles unless you want to get burned.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I'm sorry, where do I click for my "Best Thread of the Week" vote?

In all seriousness, I'd think the order of events would be:
1) Get familiar with the fire arts.
2) Get flaming nipple tassels.

Rather than the other way around.

I'd start with fire wands and transfers first to get comfortable with fire. Find mixtures you like and feel comfortable. Then get the boobies involved.

There are no set answers in fire arts, nor are there premade toys for most ideas. You really have to experiment with what works for you.

When developing a new nonstandard toy you really need to experiment as much as possible before even thinking of a final design.

I think Donald Rumsfeld's quote might sum up new fire toys as well:

"As we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns — the ones we don't know we don't know."

Get out and experiment.

Wow. I wrote a serious post on nipple tassels.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
 Written by: NYC

Wow. I wrote a serious post on nipple tassels.

clap clap

well done, have a gold star

Non-Https Image Link

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I'd have preferred gold tassels.

Non-Https Image Link

wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I also forgot to mention that you will need to also do your research in fire proof/restardant materials for the pasties. You can not use any sequins or such, or synthetic fibers to make them with fire tassles because they will melt to you.

Again, fire tassles are not really the place to begin in fire arts. Most stages for Burlesque won't even allow them on it.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: NYC

Then get the boobies involved.

ubblol you said "boobies" biggrin