• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Southern Lights 2007 15-17th june (New Forest Fire Gathering)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 1...34567...16
Mynci
BRONZE Member since Apr 2005

Mynci

Macaque of all trades

Total posts: 8737
Posted:OK People, Yesterday the Venue was confirmed for our little festival / Gathering.

Southern Lights 2007 Info

Dates are 15-17 June

(unfortunately clashes with Uberparis but Rob has been told off for this minor transgression)

Venue is Holton Lee (near Poole) in Dorset

Max Capacity is 250 people

Stuff going on / planned

Big Marquee

Music (bands / DJ) until 11 pm (then PA down by camp site until late although quieter)

Workshops (anybody who wants to run one let me know)

Fire spinning Area

Bonfire (was planned for camp fires but we are pushing for one or the other)

BBQ

Open Mic sessions

Morning Forest Yoga

Nature walks

other stuff to be confirmed wink

price is looking like 25 in advance a bit more on the door

maps and routes will be provided and it is about 1 mile from the nearest train station and a bus stops opposite the entrance.

let me know if you are interested, bring your drums biggrin

more info to follow...

Tickets available HERE

Directions and details Here (this bit will be updated a bit closer to the time so no-one gets lost wink

EDITED_BY: Mynci (1171402350)

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Delete Topic

Rainbow Bright
SILVER Member since Aug 2004

Rainbow Bright

Total posts: 44
Posted: Written by: sichainey

Hi Rainbow

Yes i do live near the yachtsman... how exciting do i have a fellow spinner close by? i hope all the things you hear about me are good!!

Anyway with day tickets it is a case of first come first serve. we cant have more than 499 on site so its best to buy a weekend ticket.

Ahaa! Me and my daughter want to meet you! I bought her a staff from you for christmas, and we are rubbish, we need some lessons!
We are very close by sometimes..my girls grandma lives on Lake drive! and we live in Creekmoor!
This festie is lookin awesome, I cant wait! ubbrollsmile

More colourful than a box of crayons!

Delete

Mynci

Mynci

Macaque of all trades

Posted:BEWARE lois, I'm practicing my heckler heckles ubblol

the first one involves setting the purp on fire and pushing them into a bucket of fuel... surprisingly I never do the second wink oooo heckle wars this could be fun biggrin you do realise that if heckled I will pull you on stage wink and I WILL ... for some audience participation lol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Delete

blu_valley
SILVER Member since Apr 2005

blu_valley

fluffy mess

Total posts: 197
Posted:DEAL!!! Well be rubbish at heckling, but will make loads of noise...just for you biggrin devil

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Delete

Mynci

Mynci

Macaque of all trades

Posted:damn it... ubblol I think we should do something a little different than the usual fire show wink but it's whether the other agree

Delete

Rainbow Bright
SILVER Member since Aug 2004

Rainbow Bright

Total posts: 44
Posted: Written by: Mynci

damn it... ubblol I think we should do something a little different than the usual fire show wink but it's whether the other agree

Jelly Wrestling....Thats different! biggrin

More colourful than a box of crayons!

Delete

_Aime_
SILVER Member since Jan 2004

_Aime_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 4172
Posted:Oh deary me! Four and a half hours in the train!

Anybody else training it up from the south east and want to keep me company?!

Delete

sichainey
BRONZE Member since Nov 2004

enthusiast

Total posts: 242
Posted:Four and a half hours ay... trains are usually quite fun tho, and just think you will trade 4.5 hours of train and weird people for 56 hours of hedonism!!!

and Lee how about we do our usual show..... but in sparkly thongs!!

Delete

Mynci

Mynci

Macaque of all trades

Posted:I need a new one, my sequins have all been picked off wink

Delete

_Aime_
SILVER Member since Jan 2004

_Aime_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 4172
Posted:I commute 5 days a week on the train, so the novelty of people missing their minds trying to talk to me has worn off slghtly.

I just want the weirdos to leave me and my book alone now rolleyes

But true, a boring little ride on the train, in exchange for a whole weekdend of madness cool

Delete

GothFrogette
BRONZE Member since Oct 2004

GothFrogette

grumpy poorly froggy

Total posts: 3999
Posted:Now i don't know if can come, i have been put incharge of organising things for our town carnival and the juggling club, its on the 16th frown frown

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Delete

Mynci

Mynci

Macaque of all trades

Posted:frown oh no it'll be a shame if your not there my dear hug

spoke to strugz yesterday and I think he's coming now due to work issues instead of uber paris

Delete

blu_valley

blu_valley

fluffy mess

Posted: Written by: sichainey

and Lee how about we do our usual show..... but in sparkly thongs!!

umm at first this sounded like a good idea to me...but then I thought about it and ...oh dear God no!

ubblol

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Delete

simta
BRONZE Member since Apr 2006

simta

compfuzzled

Total posts: 1182
Posted:awww frogette u gots to come smile and tis cool strugz is comin aswell

theres gonna be enuf good staffers at uberparis lol now if only we can get chronos there aswell rolleyes

EDITED_BY: simta (1179156599)

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

Delete

GothFrogette

GothFrogette

grumpy poorly froggy

Posted:i would love to and i am still thinking about it however i have been asked to do this for the juggling club. short notice admittedly but our town runs the risk of loosing its carnival for ever if there isn't a good turn out, they only have had 4 entries for floats when there used to be 20+ i also don't want to let the club down, it may of been going for years but its only just recently really started getting off the ground and is my mission to make the club so much better and organised, now that i have been made a commitee member i can really start to make a difference.

if there is anyway i could do both i will, but i am not sure. its really got to me as i was looking forward to this so much and meeting you guys again

i just don't know what to do

Delete

blu_valley

blu_valley

fluffy mess

Posted:hug It will work out...you've got to come, you just got to! biggrin

Delete

sichainey
BRONZE Member since Nov 2004

enthusiast

Total posts: 242
Posted:Gothfrogette

could you not entrust someone with the resposibility on the day...surely if you have done all the pre-planning it will just be a case of someone being in your place for those few hours.

Delete

GothFrogette

GothFrogette

grumpy poorly froggy

Posted:not without alot of stress for others, the owner of the club isn't going to be there as he has a private gig in the afternoon (i think)

Delete

simta
BRONZE Member since Apr 2006

simta

compfuzzled

Total posts: 1182
Posted:sounds bad but its a worthy mission and well spose jus have to wait til play for my hug :P

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

Delete

Mynci

Mynci

Macaque of all trades

Posted:and mine biggrin but here's a little pre hug hug

Delete

Matt551
SILVER Member since Jul 2005

Matt551

Total posts: 2
Posted:hey this sounds like a fun event, due to commitments of others i'd be attending alone... if anyone wants to join me or if i can join anyone else let me know. i'm located in cornwall...

matt

Delete

blu_valley

blu_valley

fluffy mess

Posted: Written by: Aime

Oh deary me! Four and a half hours in the train!

Anybody else training it up from the south east and want to keep me company?!

Not so sure now, I might be, as I kinda sold my lift on the, 'you get to spend an entire weekend with me and baby Lee' basis. With him not going, I don't know if I'm a strong enough prize on my own. Will let you know.

Delete

Mynci

Mynci

Macaque of all trades

Posted:oh you are blu ubblol oh yes biggrin

Delete

blu_valley

blu_valley

fluffy mess

Posted:ubblol Thanks Mynci hug

On a side note, the position of 'annoying talking donkey' has just opened, I'll be scouting for someone to fill the position ubblol

Delete

darkness-before
GOLD Member since Apr 2007

darkness-before

Rock is dead, long live paper and scissors

Posted:Was that travel? On the train? From the south east? I'm Pompy way definatley south enough but east enough for you? I shall be going most likley on the train less I can find a lift.

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Telepath wanted, you know where to apply.

Delete

jo_rhymes

jo_rhymes

Momma Bear

Total posts: 4525
Posted:hmmm, nice bubbylons!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Delete

JtJ

JtJ

Check ya later

Total posts: 500
Posted:are tickets for this sold out now? my friend was trying but compoota said no.

Jake the Juggler

Delete

Mynci

Mynci

Macaque of all trades

Posted:not sold out.. hmmm I shall have a look ... what ticket were they trying to buy?
a friend of ours had a bit of trouble trying to buy a second ticket...
I'll try and sort it out tonight when I'm at home I may just need to fiddle with the buy now button code

I've had some troubles using fierefox on the site too but then I'm not really technology minded but the others are even more useless wink

Delete

strugz
BRONZE Member since Mar 2002

strugz

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3964
Posted: Written by: Mynci

I'm not really technology minded but the others are even more useless wink

nothing like a bit of rreassurance from the top eh wink

ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Delete

_Stix_

_Stix_

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 2419
Posted:I might have a spare ticket - got to ask Lex if she wants it tho.. try to tempt her out to the country side..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Delete

Page: 1...34567...16