Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Southern Lights 2007 15-17th june (New Forest Fire Gathering)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
stupid car for breaking down >.<

oh well, roll on play

Step (el-nombrie)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
dont worry dude - i heard it was shite anyway....... i mean - chimeara were there for a start wink

biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Absolutely Brilliant weekend. I'm shattered, and my voice is completely gone now...but I'm happy. smile Cant wait till next year wink

hug ubblove to all HOPpers who I met and re-met there. My tummy is still buzzing from all the excitement. biggrin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
That rocked! Really wish i had put sun cream on my legs as well as my shoulders though, im really burnt and itchy now.

Well done to the Flame guys, its a lot of work putting on an event and everything seemed to go pretty smoothly so you must have all worked pretty hard.

We really enjoyed putting on our show and generally chilling throughout the festival. Cant wait for next years biggrin

"Don't do it naked!"

Sparklygreenfire*Green Spirit*
201 posts

Posted:
AWWWWWWWWSOME!!!:D biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

Didn't want to come home ubbcrying But I do feel all warm and content now! A huge hug to all those special ppl I chatted to! You know who you are... ubblove
And thankyou for all your fluffy hugs...I've never been hugged so many times in one wknd, you're all amazingly gorgeous peeps!! And many of you will be getting pm's very shortly...
wink

F.L.A.M.E Thankyou SOOOOOOOO much, that really has been the best wknd of my year so far!! Lee and Marie (as Marie would put it in her beautiful accent...) "I feckin love you" Hahahaha...
The only thing I'm gutted about is that I missed the naked spinning...TWICE!! Good job Jo filmed it...nice one Sandy!!
wink ubblol

Is it next year yet? biggrin

Are you a robot...or an alien?

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I had an amazing time this weekend. It was a well needed break from normality.

I tried to take pictures of lots of differant things, but really seem to have only people from the tents around mine frown Apologies for that.

Theres a couple of good'uns in there, the rest are "oo something interesting, point and click!" crap ones.

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2572&l=7fbb4&id=515312458

This is my favouritist picture biggrin biggrin

Non-Https Image Link

EDITED_BY: Aimée (1182183933)

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
thanks guys hug we've all packed up and left the site looking beautiful again biggrin many thanks to everyone for making it such a great weekend and for keeping the place tidy and being generally great. I'm absolutely knackered after a massive 4 hours sleep between thursday morning and sunday evening so I'm off to bed wink
see you all again soon I hope and send any pictures you want to me on
lee at flamefireshows.com

(p.s looks like we got back all 12 of the camera tree cameras so keep an eye out for when we post them up tongue ) I know for a fact there is some nudity on at least one of them ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
yay! bounce i like that picture too aimee coz my belly looks happy biggrin

i had a lovely weekend, it felt like a miracle to remember what happy was!! ubblol

thankyou so much FLAME for putting it on, for Fraser for the transport and the love, to all my very special friends for making me feel loved and, and to the weather for not being crap!! sunny

All the shows were fantastic, i loved chimaera, loved Fiery Jack heart, loved the magic dude on sunday ( i forgot his name, he was brill), and I loved the fire jousting too!!

The bands were awesome, i would say 10/10 weekend except for one thing: the catering.
please next year can you provide something better than a chip van? veggie burger for breakfast is a bit yuck!

hug thanks again!! bounce it's taking me ages to sort out my photos!! xx

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
biggrin magic man was samuel kasrani wink

frown sorry about the food we knew it wasn't perfect but we unable to find anyone free that weekend we already have a better and organic veggie food place planned for next year who we found very recently :hugs:

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
oh my just got back!

awsome weekend smile cheers guys hug

so shattered so gonna post again laters ubbangel

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
here's my photos....however I have SO many photos of Chimaera, that I've put them in a different album and will upload them later.

clicky clicks for piccy pics

ubblove

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
Looks like I missed far too much nudity. Send pictures please.

I'm so jealous of you all :P Glad it was an awesome weekend!

"Take that, math!"

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Thank you F.L.A.M.E. That was a great weekend.

To all the people that helped out by setting up, being on the gate, toilet cleaning, etc, thank you for all the work you put in that allowed me to just sit in a beautiful field with gorgeous friends and chill out.

The shows were fab and the atmosphere was fantastic.

Yippeeeeee for there being a re-run next year smile

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

screechcircling on the edge of madness
889 posts

Posted:
big hugs to all that were there hug i didn't get to say bye to you all as i lamely fell asleep sunday afternoon and did't wake up till nearly everyone had left

it was a wicked weekend

major congrats to Mynci, Si, Rez, and Matt for organizing it and well don to all their other helpers for keeping them sane. (at least a sane as normal anyway) The whole weekend rocked, bring on next year

oh and chimera rocked

peace smile

finland finland finland
the country where i want to be
pony trekking or camping
or just watching tv

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
Thankyou for a brilliant birthday everyone! my most memorable moments were: arriving after a mean journey to amazing birthday welcomes and gifts; dancing dancing dancing on friday night; beach trek in the rain on friday night/sat morn and seeing a herd of dear (!); happy balloons on sat night with some very lovely people!

thanks F.L.A.M.E. and everyone else who was involved.

Jake the Juggler

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
finally back to stoke, had to stop over in manc cos of trains being crappy

had a wicked time, learnt loads of new stuff, thanks sandy for the "oh no" funniest thing ive seen for a while

got to spin with hyperlights which was incredible

hug to everyone

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

Merlynstranger
7 posts

Posted:
Well I had to jump on and say a HUGE thankx to F.L.A.M.E. for it and for having us.

It was fantastic and I really enjoyed myself with you all. Great to meet up with so many friends grouphug and meet some wicked new peep's too wavehello and get to be a part of a ROCKING show, which seemed to go down well clap

Did anyone get a picture of my fire flags in use sat night? Want to see if they look as insane on film as they do in front of my face!

Lastly ...... ok damn it Sandy, NOW I seen you naked ...... could be in shock/treatment for some time excl

I'd rather go Poi with myself!

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
jo_ryhmes got some photo's of your flags, check through the link she posted above.

was really good to see you again, I'm running out of excuses to not see if the kung fu brothers ropedart instructional DVD is any good..

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
i made a little video to say thank you smile

clicky clicky

ubbrollsmile

darkness-beforeGOLD Member
Rock is dead, long live paper and scissors
197 posts

Posted:
wowCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL biggrin bounce bounce2 bounce

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Telepath wanted, you know where to apply.

Merlynstranger
7 posts

Posted:
Yakumo,

Yes you should then lend it to me quickly biggrin
In fact just buy it and if yer too busy I can tell you if its any good later lolsign about time I got some new moves with it....... you at play?

I'd rather go Poi with myself!

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
wicked vid jo! biggrin

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

darkness-beforeGOLD Member
Rock is dead, long live paper and scissors
197 posts

Posted:
Haha Jo inspired me, just spent 2 hours cutting together a HUGE vid (4 min vid and i took half hour of vid + 250 photos at the weekend) and realised that its probably way to big to post anywhere. ubblol But if any of the flame guys want it then just PM me.

I love doing this stuff! biggrin bounce bounce2 bounce

Thanks again everybody for a wicked weekend.

(Will there be photos vids etc all uploaded to the site cus that'd be cool, and a good promotional doo da. Hint hint)

Oh an for a sample of my work check out my myspace vid of samarai jack!
EDITED_BY: darkness-before (1182378513)

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Telepath wanted, you know where to apply.

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
darkness-before - try using something like www.megaupload.com to host that video you made, i would love to see it, and sure many others would too

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I had such an awesome time ubbrollsmile

Fank Yoo to the org-an-ise-ers for org-an-ise-ing it all and making it all run very smoothly. The site was superb smile
Fank Yoo to you for being there.
Fank Yoo for the lovely sunshine we had.
Fank You espeschallee to Gayle and Neal for the lift, letting us stay, and for dressing me kiss kiss hug hug
Fank Yoo to Jo for listening to her friends wink
Fank Yoo to everyone else for making it what it was.
Fank Yoo to Yakumo, who I can now cross offmy list of people to meet bounce

See you all again next year? biggrin

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UnderControlOrFailure

Fank Yoo to Jo for listening to her friends wink

redface

hug ubblove

my friends are always right. ubbrollsmile

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
The Chimaera show seems to have turned up on YouTube, and no-one seems to have mentioned it, so I thought I'd post it.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Srv0UBQhfLg

See also parts 2 and 3.

I think it looks quite yummy.
EDITED_BY: Puresock (1182445823)

"Take that, math!"

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Sorry for the shoddy camerawork.
That'd be because I didnt find the panning release catch.. until the bit where you see it pans slightly smoother

ubbrollsmile

My next efforts will be better ubblol

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
eek that's amazing! wow my flabber is truly gastereated - and don't be too hard on yourself Jon wink

Now I really really really can't wait til Play bounce

All credit to them, that's a whole lot of hard work in there clap hug

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
wavehello everyone

Well what can I say.... I think we managed to pull it off wink from all at F.L.A.M.E we would like to thank you from the bottoms of our hearts for trusting a new event and securing the birth of a new festival biggrin biggrin
Its important to remember thats its your festival we just host it...so if there is something you want just let us know. We are fully aware there were some bad/not so good points i.e the catering and all this will be fully rectorfied by next year. If anyone has any suggestions please post them at www.flamefireshows.com/forum in the southernlights section.

Well cant really think of much else to say apart from were already planning next year ...... just bigger and better!! and most importantly nice and cheap too!! smile

Page: ...