Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Common Ground '07, Adelaide - SOLD OUT!!!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
~*~ COMMON GROUND 2007 TEASER ~*~

!!!!!!!!!*********COMMON GROUND SITE IS UPDATED*********!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.common-ground.net

we will be updating it progressively as we confirm / think of stuff closer to the date.

------------------

Greetings to all you fine, dandy, spangley and sparkly people!!

Just putting the word out…..

Common Ground is an Annual object manipulation and lifestyle meeting held from Friday the 5th of October to Monday the 8th of October. It's aimed specifically at people who want to relax, have fun, share and learn in a positive and supportive environment.

Set in the picturesque Adelaide Hills, the location has ample room for camping, workshops and more.

Mainly focussing on (but by no means limited to) Twirling, Dance, Music and Circus related skills. Workshops cover a very wide range of different interests and skill levels. From complete novice to professional performer, we think we have something for you.

Core to the concept is participation. The event is created by those who attend sharing their skills and experiences with others - to borrow a phrase thrown around at Burning Man:

"No Spectators, only Participants."

Although, if doing every workshop isn’t you style - just chill out and contribute to the relaxed, happy atmosphere.

Confirmed Dates:

Friday 5th October

Saturday 6th October

Sunday 7th October

Monday 8th October

The dates are a week later this year giving the crew time to be completely set up and running by the time people arrive Friday morning.

Friday – arrive anytime, gates will be open at 8am. Workshops start in the afternoon.

Saturday – **Show**

Sunday – TBA

Monday – workshops and offsite by after lunch.

We have already had some reservations on workshops these include:

Yoga

Drumming

Learn how to DJ

Yogaeria

TICKETS – Limited to 150!! And yes they will sell out!

Early bird - $30 booking before August 31st

Just missed the worm - $40 September 1st – October 4th

Missed the boat - $50 on the door if there are any remaining - there weren't last year

Please email if you would like an EB ticket – go on be the first you know you want too!

IDEAS: for workshops and contributions most welcome.

As in 2005 and 2006 – there will always be smiles, fun, madness, music, dancing and laughing.

Stay tuned for future updates.

Cheers,

Kate and the Common Ground Crew

common-ground2006@hotmail.com

EDITED_BY: Katinca (1191027645)

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Can I add Capoeira workshop by the awesome Soul Capoeira team to the lineup? Chan is my Caps teacher and he's simply awesome! smile

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pyrolific

Can I add Capoeira workshop by the awesome Soul Capoeira team to the lineup? Chan is my Caps teacher and he's simply awesome! smile

Josh

As long as it's not during Yoga: Would hate to miss Capoeira! biggrin hug

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Chan is one of the most impressive capos I've ever seen - Had the luck of Soul visited my old school a few years back. aside from the obvious power and precision he's a charming and friendly presence in a game.

brilliant work, CG crew! havin Soul at montecute will add to the energetic vibe smile smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Hi guys,

We have got 50 tickets left to sell ... eek so once they have gone that's it... with just under 4 weeks to go, they are gonna sell out.

So tell your friends and get them to buy a ticket.

End transmission....

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Hot diggity DAMN! Always meant to take up Capoeira but lack of classes in my pathetic excuse for a city and the steep prices in Manchester meant a kabosh to that idea! biggrin

And Kat...? I'm still on the 'pay-at-the-door' listy right? smile

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
Hang on- I just got paranoid.. I've booked my flight and paid for my ticket, but never got a confirmation email saying you guy recieved my payment.. PARANOIA IS A SCARY THING!- Especially when you think about missing CG!

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Wanna know something really annoying?

The weekend of CG, I have a camp scheduled that I can't miss - HOWEVER, the leader may have changed the date due to 'unfavourable weather conditions' - and I have no idea weather or not I can come!

If I miss it this year, I'll book it out for next year, but I hope they sort something out soon!

Kupo!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Go to CG and tell your teacher that it's raining in Scotland tongue

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
What time do the buses stop running from the airport on a friday night? Are they regular? If my flight gets in at 7.40pm and I go to Paradise interchange would someone be able to pick me up from there?

*is stressing* ubblol

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Elke and Gita, I'll still be around on the monday. My flight home is on Tuesday evening. Thought I'd give myself a chance to see a little of Adelaide since I haven't been there before.

"Be the Bunny"

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
hey roar, buses from airport (JetBus) run 5 am til 11. 35 pm, 7 days a week.

adelaide metro > airport website

tried to get you the specific timetable but my net is crashing (a less than subtle hint to get back to essay writing perhaps..)
hug

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Thankyou Lou! hug

That's one part sorted...the next is from the interchange to the CG Hills!

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
 Written by: .:* Moon Pixie *:.

yeahhh... i was wondering how many people are still gonna be round on the Monday too ... Our flight home is latish Monday night smile

Hey guys we are around until wed... so we can hang out a whole heap! Huzzah!

Plus if anyone needs help with transport let us know pm me and Ill send you our mobile.... we are arriving on the wed before common ground and leaving the wed after and we have a campervan of joy to drive around in! So we would be happy to help out if you wanna chuck in five bucks for fuel... cheaper than a cabbage! ubblove

plus taj is super fun.and he will be there... but not driving.... he lost his license for speeding again. ubblol

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
You really have to stop letting him and troy go out driving together Kristy..... He is a bad influence on you husband. ubblol

Maybe you lovely people could possibly give me and my Gita a lift to the airport or the bus stop to get to the airport on the Tuesday. Would that be ok!!! ubbangel biggrin hug

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
I'll be around until Monday evening also, and I accept all forms of hugs, including MasterHug.

biggrin

ubblove

Currently on the right side up of the world.

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Flynt

I'll be around until Monday evening also, and I accept all forms of hugs, including MasterHug.

biggrin

ubblove

You forgot BEEsa biggrin

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
 Written by: GitasGuy

You really have to stop letting him and troy go out driving together Kristy..... He is a bad influence on you husband. ubblol

Maybe you lovely people could possibly give me and my Gita a lift to the airport or the bus stop to get to the airport on the Tuesday. Would that be ok!!! ubbangel biggrin hug

you know it will be sweetie... smile smile

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
heya joshnkate

whats the deal with fuel this year? will it be the same as the others, byo or, or yet to be sorted?

thanks, petey

hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

_che_that slow guy...
187 posts

Posted:
hey guys!! cant wait to see everyone at CG this year!! gonna be leaving melbourne early as elke and ant can drag their sorry butts out of bed biggrin

anyone give me a rough shot on how long it takes to get from melb to adelaide? wanna nail it so we get there with plenty of time to see everyone and get/give hugs and get some classes in and set up and stuff and get/give some more hugs and then ....yeah

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
googles maps says about 10 hours.. whereis.com.au says about 8 smile

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
oh dear! I need to sort out transport from Melbourne to Adelaide SOON AS...

Bah, I'll wait till I get there! wink

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
good plan neon!! ubblol i'm sure it'll all work out perfectly! biggrin (no really, i seriously think you'll be fine!!)

see you in ademalaide!! bounce

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
myspacebardoesntwokanymorebutyeahpaulitsabout10hoursdrive
prettyharshtodrivestraightthroughbutihavedoneitafewtimesbeforealone...hug

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
oh my goddess. I have a spare keyboard if you want me to bring it down for you mr brett!! ubblol ubblol

I thought I bring some cards along this time so if anyone wants to have a reading we can do an energy exchange... ubblove

yum energy.

Two weeks to go and Im excited like Big kev! ubbloco ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
 Written by: _che_

anyone give me a rough shot on how long it takes to get from melb to adelaide? wanna nail it so we get there with plenty of time to see everyone and get/give hugs and get some classes in and set up and stuff and get/give some more hugs and then ....yeah

that all depends on which car your driving and who is driving...

If your driving your mitsi...I reckon... 4 hours tops? ubblol ubblol

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
itsalaptopkeyboard...ithadsomecoffeanddidntlikeitverymuch...thusfarihavediscoveredthatlaptopsdontlikechaiorcoffee...

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
that's not very nice of it. I'm just you only wanted to share!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
ubblol hehehe brett... you sound like a crazy person biggrin it's hilarious! *giggles*

yeahhh how long will it take to get to Adelaide from Melbourne? and why is ant's and my butts sorry? ubblol

chicken... is paul a bit of a speed demon or something? devil ..... eek

hehehe

i'm just a little bit exited! bounce

..... no actually i'm a LOT exited! biggrin bounce ubbrollsmile grouphug

soon soon soon!!!! biggrin

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
nah hes no speed demon. Speed demons wish they were as fast as Paul!

*giggles*
ubblol

Nah Im just yanking his chain. eek

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
melbourne to adelaide is about 730ks and takes about 8.5 hours if you take it reasonably easy (ie no race enduro driving) and have a 30 min stop in the middle. I've done it too many times...

PS Horsham has the cheapest petrol fill up and the best cafes (although theyre not open late). Theres also a decent pizza place that is open late on Friday and Saturday night.

smile

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Page: ......