zamiriiBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
I didn't see a thread on this so here goes.

Since last night was the full moon and Imbolc, we (me and my friend Eric) went to the beach where the drumming was going to be. had our glow and fire toys (forgot my dumbek at my fiance's). When we got to the beach here in ft lauderdale just after 10pm, it was swarming with police cars. Seems some of the kiddies were drinking openly on the beach and the cops decided to make an example of them since it's Superbowl weekend and its being held down here but they kicked *everybody* off the beach.
So Eric and I decided to head down to Dania beach where we heard a few peeps had said they might go. Walked a while advertising our presence with some glow poi spinning while strolling along, then heard a lone drum which we zeroed in on, then a couple more. We ended up putting on a short short fire show before more cops showed up at this beach saying it was closed. I still cant understand why since the pier is open 24hrs. Might have been a good thing though since a couple minutes after we got on the road, had some rain coming down.

Anybody else got any interesting stories about being tossed out of a good spinning spot by the local authorities?

Every Day I add another name to the list of people who piss me off

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
ubblol yupp - seems as if in the states the beaches are pretty much the same, west to eastcoast.

Had beautiful drum circles going on in Venice, C.A. with about 30 ppl drumming until the cops showed up, head beams on, going: "crck crck... The beach is closed... crck ... go home now... crck crck"

Seems as if the beaches in the land of the free are all owned by the state rolleyes

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

zamiriiBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
tell me about it... and to think that the last drum circle i went to at the *same* beach lasted till about 2am.. i blame it all on the superbowl!!!

Every Day I add another name to the list of people who piss me off

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i blame it on crappy governments personally. wink

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
ubblol I back that up, but would like to point out that it's the council as well - as I got kicked under the Clinton administration rolleyes

There's something more wrong with the LAPD, but Bush wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink