Mr_JoePart-time genius
59 posts

Posted:
Erm, right. Been having a bit of a play today with my staff and a pair of nunchucks. I can't be the first one to give this a try. (Guessing Robnunchucks/Ninjarob has given it a go?) Anyone got anything to share on this subject?

Quick link to a terrible webcam vid for illustration purposes:

Joe x

DarkFyreBRONZE Member
HoP mage and keeper of the fireballs
1,965 posts

Posted:
I've never used nun chuks before but i've just built a triple handled nun chuk thing.

OH DEAR this could be a steep learning curve!

May my balls of fire set your balls on fire devil

EnryoPLATINUM Member
9 posts

Posted:
I've been spinning fire-chucks for about 2 years now, all i can say is that 1 set is the way to go, seems like there are more moves and it prevents confusion with poi. As for spinning with a staff I tried, but to no avail. Just couldn't find great nough variety of moves to make a good burn. Let me know if you find some good ones.

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
I would beat myself silly if I tried swinging my chuks and a staff at the same time!!! Having said...of course now I'm gonna have to try!!!

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

cj-chucklesBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
dnt hit ur head!

robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
it can definatly be done the easyist way to get started is to do double staff moves but with a pair of nunchucks instead of one of the staffs. this is acutaly supriseingly easy

the problem comes when you try do moves with the nunchucks that can't be done with a staff as i often find you just end up trying to do them with a staff

its definatly posible but its abit of a pat your stomach while rubing your head kinda thing.

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches