Forums > Social Chat > What shall i make a film about next?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
About a year ago i made a mini documentary on spinning as part of my degree which some of you might have seen on the bbc website.

Now ive graduated and have been trying to make my way in the big wide world of tv and film and have found a company that want to use my spin film as the first of a 4 part mini documentary series on channel 4 (shh dont tell the bbc) and they want me to make them.

Obviously im dead chuffed about this but i have a problem, what am i gonna make the other 3 films about? Im gonna do one on kite boarding and one on capoera (assuming i get the commision) but im having trouble thinking of the subject of the last one. I was gonna do something on free running, but channel 4 already did jump London and jump Britain so thats already been covered. I also thought break dancing but thats also kinda old news now too.

So... any ideas? it needs to be urban and fresh (god im starting to sound like one of those buzz word producers already) and relevant to Britain.
Any sugestions will be greatly apreciated.

"Don't do it naked!"

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Absolutley spanner. But at the moment im leaning toward the urban climbing as the final film. The theme is phisical arts and sports, or possibly dance (which knocks kiteboarding out) but i am also tempted by many other sugestions.
Like i think it would be wicked to do something on Orkestra del sol or contact dance but its wheather or not C4 would go for it.

"Don't do it naked!"

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I haven't watched TV for a year, but before that, I never saw a program about contact dance...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
I think contact dance could work... it's really visual... and i think the only thing most people would have seen of it was that ad (for insurance?!)

Also, shot and handled well, the film could appeal to many people...
Humans like to be in contact, so as long as it's not presented as some hippy thing, it could have universal appeal.

smile

Getting to the other side smile

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
how about thinking well ouside the box........how about a documentery abotu festival life??/

from start to finish, all the different walks of life coming together for a good cause..................from crew to guest to entertainer???

i'm SURE you could gt some wicked footage

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
yea i think thats a great idea that i would love to do.

Unfortunatly it involves following a festival crew thorough organisation to event and the same for artists and guests. Basically it takes quite a long time, which i dont have.

Also i dont think i could do that kind of subject matter justice with a 3 minute documentary. If i manage to make it as a film maker then i will totally be doing a film on that. I know a few people id love to film sorting out festivals, it would make great TV.

"Don't do it naked!"

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
why not just go to one rave or outside party or whatever they call them and do a study of subsubcultures?

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: faithinfire

why not just go to one rave or outside party or whatever they call them and do a study of subsubcultures?

it's already been done ubblol

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
i thought sandy might have a spin

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Funny you mention that actually. I did a project on raves and the modern drug culture at uni, somehow dont think it would be suitable for tv tho, there were a few ahem slightly less than legal practices in there.
Besides id have to wait untill the party season started again, its still bloody cold.

"Don't do it naked!"

Page: