Forums > Social Discussion > Toys for girls and Toys for boys *rated*

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Is there any such thing?

I mean we have certainly seen male spinners using Poi over the extent to merely use them as an excuse to wiggle their backsides and instead of wearing lingerie wink and as far as I heard there are female spinners out there, who can play with (double) sticks and are confident in there femalehood wink

But we (recently) had the question here: Are Poi for girls only? umm ubblol rolleyes

Therefore my question to you: Is there any toy at all that can be attached to a certain sex(ual behaviour)?

Enjoy biggrin

... errm should I attach a poll to this? I mean I could now list every individual toy and ask: "for girls, or for boys (only)... whatya reckon?" *ponders*

The fast version:

(Fire/ Acrylic) Balls

Candles

Clubs

Devil Sticks

Diabolo

Hoops

Fans

Nun-Chakkus

Poi

Staff (doubles)

Swords

In alphabetical order, please feel free to spank me if I forgot one - you have indications?

[edit] umm thanx for the spank - how on earth could I forget fans and acryllics (sic) ubbloco redface

EDITED_BY: FireTom (1170221677)

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
yeay i love you FRD... the first link is my son smile

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
hell yes indeedy

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Your boy has some skill! biggrin

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

hazingtonjourneyman
51 posts

Posted:
well i've been poing for just over 5 months my boyfriend on the other hand has only been poing for about 2-3 and the only reason he started was to be one of those 'sexy poi boys' his words not mine, so in conclusion pois are not just for girls

Living is loving & Loving is Living
yet
Lying is Dying &
Dying can be Lying if you let it...

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
 Written by: GothFrogette

i want to learn real sword.i do have an old sword that needs fixing and is a bit crap .i also have a white oak Bokken, a Bo, two tonfa's, and a pair of Sai's biggrin but i would love a pair of hook swords.

what i do need is someone to help teach me. there is only a certain amount of things you can learn just by picking them up on your own and i tend not to get them out when the kids are around.

Your an assasin! eek

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Brit_Joe

Your an assasin! eek

ubblol shhhhhhhhhhh ubblol

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
ubblol I'm waiting for my 3 peice glow staff to arrive (should be this week) from description I think it may be able to be used as a glow sword wink

glo kendo anyone? ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by: McAlpine

I always link hoops with girls, but I know I shouldn't really. tongue

NYC's a hooper.

Then again, I've always wondered about him... wink

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

_3C_Daywalker
215 posts

Posted:
I think linking hoops to girls is a childhood thing....I never really saw a guy get a hoop for a pressie, then again, that didn't stop my friends lil brother from playing with em ^_^ or whenever my cousins came over when they were younger they'd have a go of mine (5 euro plastic one that after about 3 months came appart and had to be binned frown I liked it cos it was stripy)

anywhos...now I don't think any toys are gender specific, I think anyone can play with what they want. I know I've only been spinning poi for a little while, but once I save up some money I want to get a whole range of toys! They look like so much fun! juggle

I collect swords too...but seting fire to them...now THAT would be fun! biggrin

Speed of Dark: As yet unmeasured, but believed to be faster than light owing to its ability to move so quickly out of light's way. -- Terry Pratchett

[total number of times I've been hit in the head with poi: 10! <--- Double Digits!!!!]

WooktasticBRONZE Member
the kicker of elves
371 posts

Posted:
If you go for setting a sword on fire I'll help. I'm working on getting my scytheblade on fire. (proper curvy handle scythe, too.) biggrin

Man is no more than a conduit for excrement to pass through.- daVinci

Jointly owned by BurdA and Tinypixie

Wielder of the voice of Patrick Stewart

_3C_Daywalker
215 posts

Posted:
oooo a scytheblade now that sounds like heaps of fun! biggrin

but seen as I only know the basics of Poi spinning....and i tend to have bad luck with fire and chemicals...I doubt you wanna be helping me out very soon!! ubblol

Speed of Dark: As yet unmeasured, but believed to be faster than light owing to its ability to move so quickly out of light's way. -- Terry Pratchett

[total number of times I've been hit in the head with poi: 10! <--- Double Digits!!!!]

WooktasticBRONZE Member
the kicker of elves
371 posts

Posted:
Meh, I'm overly ambitious, my first spin was with a wooden staff that had a wick made of sacking, not a great idea.
My brother's the real fire expert. I'm bringing him 'round to help make the rims of my wheelchair flame.

_3C_Daywalker
215 posts

Posted:
O_O uh......somehow that doesn't sound all that safe....

WooktasticBRONZE Member
the kicker of elves
371 posts

Posted:
I'm getting into a skullmask and my leather's and we're going to make a disabled Ghostrider video for youtube. It's going to be hillarious. ubblol I'll post a link when it's done. Y'can help if y'likes. When you're playing with fire the more people you have to beat out your flaming body the better. rolleyes wink

_3C_Daywalker
215 posts

Posted:
True, true, sounds like fun! tho saying to my mom i'm going off to burn a wheelchair....i don't think she'd be impressed

oh my....how off topic have we made this thread? O_O I say we make a run for it before somebody notices!

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
its fine you see as long as you say that wheel chair burning is for both sex's sounds like a wicked idea, would love to se the vid too... just as long as you are very very carful.

i need to leanr sword moves that do not invlove hitting someone

_3C_Daywalker
215 posts

Posted:
Going around hitting people with a sword that's on fire, that'd be just plain cruel ubblol

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
well it depends on who it was biggrin ubbloco ubblol

_3C_Daywalker
215 posts

Posted:
Touché biggrin

When i think about it, there are a few people i'd like to slap with a flaming sword ubblol

WooktasticBRONZE Member
the kicker of elves
371 posts

Posted:
Speaking of fencing a flaming rapier would look pretty kickass, I'll have to see if I can weedle a foil out of the fencing club next time I'm training.
I've just realised, there's one toy that's definitely just for boys (trying desperately to get back on topic) the flaming Prince Albert, only very unfortunate girls could pull that off.
3C, have those four times been yourself or other people? wink

_3C_Daywalker
215 posts

Posted:
Myself sadly, once i start practicing infront of people i'll make a seperate counter....I'd say it'd go up faster, my planes....aren't very plane...

*googles "flaming prince albert"* .... O_O oh god, yup, thats definately a boys thing alright ....

WooktasticBRONZE Member
the kicker of elves
371 posts

Posted:
IT EXISTS?!?! eek ubblol Christ!
I don't know, it'd be more unfortunate if people disliked youi enough to attack you with poi.

_3C_Daywalker
215 posts

Posted:
Well I didn't get any results for "flaming" Prince albert, so i tried it without the Flaming...scared for life I am...

But it wouldn't surprise me if someone, somewhere has tried it and either failed miserably and got 3rd Degree burns or had a bucket of water handy.

WooktasticBRONZE Member
the kicker of elves
371 posts

Posted:
I've heard stories involving prostitutes, red hot pokers and how well they fit inside the male urethra. I imagine the end result would be similar.
Amputation.

_3C_Daywalker
215 posts

Posted:
O_O ookay....thats just a bit too much information

WooktasticBRONZE Member
the kicker of elves
371 posts

Posted:
No such animal.

_3C_Daywalker
215 posts

Posted:
confused how'd this go from girls and boys toys to the existance of animals?

WooktasticBRONZE Member
the kicker of elves
371 posts

Posted:
'tis a tangled web we weave. That's what you get for using five poi at once.

_3C_Daywalker
215 posts

Posted:
5 poi? hmmm sounds risky to me almost as risky as fire whips! Strikes me as something that should be in the next indiana jones movie (used by both male and female characters of course!)

WooktasticBRONZE Member
the kicker of elves
371 posts

Posted:
Oh yes, because you can't have sexism. or off topic conversation.

Page: